"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
04/25/24 at 5:17pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Do you think Bluff Park needs another pharmacy? (Read 4825 times)
PharmD
Ex Member

Do you think Bluff Park needs another pharmacy?
05/23/07 at 9:47pm

Just curious if anyone sees a need for another pharmacy in Bluff Park.  Maybe one that is open 24 hours for all who have sick children in the middle of the night?  I would love to hear any thoughts on this.

IP Logged
bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Do you think Bluff Park needs another pharmacy
Reply #1 - 05/23/07 at 11:09pm

Bluff Park can't support another pharmacy, especially one that is open 24 hours.  In the last twelve years we've had up to three drug stores at the same time (at one point we had Big B/Whatever-it-Became/CVS, Whatever that drug store was called where the Dollar General is now which became Rite Aid and Bluff Park Pharmacy).  Then Bluff Park Pharmacy closed their doors, followed by Rite Aid.  CVS was the only one left until Robert's came along.  People who did not like the waiting and impersonal service that CVS had went to Robert's.  

So we have both the mass merchant pharmacy and the personal service pharmacy in Bluff Park.  If you need 24 hour service, then there's Walgreens on Sulphur Springs Road, which is ten minutes away.  So to answer your question, which is a very good one, I think the answer is no.

IP Logged
BluffParkwriter
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/24/07 at 8:04am

I agree, another one could not stand in the area or it might put one of the others out.

IP Logged
PharmD
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/24/07 at 3:32pm

Just to be clear- the walgreens on sulphur springs is NOT 24 hours. The closest 24 hour stores I know of are the Walgreens on Greensprings...who wants to go there at 2 am and the one in Pelham at Valleydale road. I know the rite aid in vestavia was 24 hours at one point but i am sure it still is.

IP Logged
fitgrl

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #4 - 05/24/07 at 5:08pm

While I do know there are already two pharmacies in bluff park, I think it really would be nice if we had a 24 hr pharmacy up here.  Roll EyesIn general, I am really tired of having to leave bluff park to do my shopping, eating, banking, etc.  I think that if we can support three, yes three!!!, dentists within walking distance of each other and several churches, some of the same denomination, why not try another pharmacy? As long as it offers something different than what we have and would be an improvement it might work. Everything in Bluff Park closes by 9:00 and most businesses much much earlier. It would be nice to have somewhere to go for that emergency medicine when your child wakes up at 5 am with a fever or when your 3rd grader tells you at 9:30 that he needs poster board for a project due tomorrow.  In our capitalist society competition is a good thing.

IP Logged
BluffParkwriter
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/25/07 at 2:16am

It might be a good idea to ask management at CVS if it is possible for that location to be 24 hours.. It might be a staffing issue. I am sure that is a corporate decision, if it is worth it to them financially to be open 24 hours.

IP Logged
Bluff Park Family
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #6 - 06/19/07 at 4:19pm

NO - Bluff Park does not need another Pharmacy. Well, unless we can close the CVS down. Why anyone would fill a prescription at CVS is beyond me. They act as if they are doing you a big favor to get your prescription filled, much less filled in an appropriate amount of time. Robert Mills is the nicest, most caring pharmacist I have ever encountered. He always has a kind word and would do anything for any member of our community. The reason we don't have a 24 hour pharmacy is that there is no protection at night from the thugs that insist on coming back to our community. Children get sick in the night...That's not a pharmacies fault. Just stock up a little more and be better prepared. We need establishments in Bluff Park like Roberts. Robert cares about us...You think anyone at the corporate CVS cares about you?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company