"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
04/23/24 at 3:55am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Micheal's Steak House - Galleria (Read 4741 times)
bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Micheal's Steak House - Galleria
05/26/07 at 11:55am

Recently my wife and I went to the new Micheal's Steak House at the Galleria.  We had eaten at the old Micheal's downtown fifteen years ago.  I remember the steak there was fantastic and this was supposed to be the same "Micheal".

My wife made reservations for a Friday evening at 7 pm.  We arrived shortly before 7 and expected to have to wait a while.  They actually had the reservation and we we seated right away (!) on a Friday.  The place was pretty full, so I was a little surprised.  

The waiter came over and introduced himself and asked for our drink order.  He returned a short while later to take our dinner order.  Since it was our anniversary, we thought we'd splurge.  My wife ordered the Filet Mignion, rare.  I ordered the New York strip, medium.  This came with a salad and side.  She had a baked sweet potato (yuk!) and I had the baked potato.  The waiter returned a few minutes later with our salads and some bread.  Both were excellent (and I'm not much on salads).

A lady came out after we finished our salads with our plates.  If I didn't know any better, I would have thought she was the owner's mom helping out for the evening - very nice lady.  The portions were very generous, although I think mine was a little undercooked.  I think I'll go with medium next time.

A funny thing happened while we were eating.  The hostess was attempting to seat a couple.  The man, in his early 40s, dressed in jeans, boots, dress shirt, and his female companion, could not seem to find a suitable location to sit.  Every time the hostess found them a table, something was wrong with it.  One table was next to ours and he just didn't like it.  They ended up leaving, telling the hostess "You just lost out on $100.00".  I don't want to sound snooty, but I think the real reason this couple left is that they had never been in as "nice" of a restaurant and he felt intimidated (or he didn't have that $100 to spend...).  But I could be wrong.

Too full for dessert, we asked for the check.  For two, including drinks and tip, it was just over $90.  Not an average dinner, but for anniversary, not bad.  

By the time we left, the parking lot was half empty, which we found odd for 8 pm on a Friday night.

Overall Ratings:
Wait Time:  5 out of 5        
Ambience: 4 out of 5 - Tables a little close, noise level average, decor - traditional War Eagle/Roll Tide (Contemporary Iron Bowl).  Open kitchen so you can see everthing.
Service: 4.5 out of 5 - No complaints for wait staff - mom shouldn't have to work on a Friday night, though.
Food Quality: 4 out of 5.  Generous portions
Value: 4 out of 5.  Not an every week place, but for special occasions or for just a good steak, very good.

IP Logged
fitgrl

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Micheal's Steak House - Galleria
Reply #1 - 05/30/07 at 8:00am

we eat at micheals alot and have been told by the wait staff that that lady you call "someone's mom" is June, the owner's wife.  We have never eaten there that she hasn't been there or hasn't welcomed us!

IP Logged
invisibleman
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/30/07 at 11:35pm

does anyone know when Bluff Park Grill will be open? seems like we have been waiting forever.

IP Logged
aubie
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #3 - 05/31/07 at 2:07pm

I've heard that the Bluff Park Grill will be opening in the next month or so.  I think the renovations ended up being more extensive and taking more time than they thought.  I can't wait either.  The owner used to operate a "meat and three" in Crestline Village.  I worked near there and ate there often.  Very good food.  I hope they open for Sunday lunch.

Other places in Hoover we enjoy:  Baker's Pizza (shop Bluff Park when we can), J. Alexander's (good food, service, price), Golden Rule BBQ (large portions), Cajun Steamer (try the steamed platter and cold beer), Jubilee Joe's (great crawfish sandwich), California Pizza Kitchen (who thought of putting that on a pizza), Green Valley Drugs (cheeseburger and shake), Tip Top Grill (usually run into someone you know), Mr. P's Deli (I know it's not in Bluff Park(or Hoover), but close enough).

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company