"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
03/28/24 at 11:25am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
All for one and one for everyone! (Read 19629 times)
OleBloo

All for one and one for everyone!
06/19/07 at 2:01pm

Since I could remember my mom and dad always road me around on saturdays to check out the local yard sales in the area to find a "great deal". I havd always thought it would be great at the end of every summer to set up a huge yard sale in Bluff Park at the pool. I thought it would be great to bring the people out and also share some great food. My husband made the comment to me the other day that its a small neighborhood but no one really knows anyone. It was just an idea to throw up there and see what you guys think. Cool

*~OleBloo~*
Email   IP Logged
PharmD
Ex Member

Re: All for one and one for everyone!
Reply #1 - 06/19/07 at 4:06pm

Great idea!!!

IP Logged
skim
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #2 - 06/20/07 at 9:02am

My family is in.  Sign us up!  It sounds like a great idea.

IP Logged
BluffParkwriter
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/22/07 at 10:26pm

very good idea. I have 2 big bags of stuff. We could have it in the community center and also have like a party to get to know each other. I think we need to make this official. Lets start looking at what dates are available for we who have posted.

Weekends in July:
sat 7th
sat 14th
sat 21st
sat 28th

Weekends in Aug
sat 4th
sat 11th
sat 18th
sat 25th

first weekend in Sept
sat 1st

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #4 - 06/22/07 at 10:51pm

Poll regarding the date has been created at:
http://bluffparkal.org/bpforum/YaBB.pl?num=1182570624/0#0

Check this thread and the Neighborhood Updates section of the web site for further information.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
OleBloo

Reply #5 - 06/23/07 at 1:01pm

Quote from BluffParkwriter on 06/22/07 at 10:26pm:
very good idea. I have 2 big bags of stuff. We could have it in the community center and also have like a party to get to know each other. I think we need to make this official. Lets start looking at what dates are available for we who have posted.

Weekends in July:
sat 7th
sat 14th
sat 21st
sat 28th

Weekends in Aug
sat 4th
sat 11th
sat 18th
sat 25th

first weekend in Sept
sat 1st

I'm loving that everyone likes this idea Smiley We need to first of all find out a date and then get a good rundown on what we should have planned for the day. We do need to have plenty of time to set this up

*~OleBloo~*
Email   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #6 - 06/24/07 at 9:36pm

We took the poll down regarding the date for a reason.  We need to make a solid date and at this time it looks like August 4.  Times TBA.

At this time we will also have entertainment lined up.  A young man named Ryan Kinder http://www.ryankinder.com has agreed to play at our Bluff Park Party.  Ryan is from Hoover and has an awesome voice.  You can hear some of his songs by clicking on this link: http://music.myspace.com/music/popup.cfm?num=0&time=undefined&fid=521157 24&uid=1

Folks, this kid is going places and we're incredibly fortunate to have Ryan play at our community event.  Ryan has agreed to not charge us for playing.  Lets make sure we have a good turnout.  

The BluffParkAl.org web site and its sponsors will be taking care of the fees associated with the event.  More details to come soon.  

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
OleBloo

Reply #7 - 06/25/07 at 8:14am

So what is it that we are going to set up out at the park? Also we need to think of advertisement because we all know not everyone in Bluff Park knows of this webpage. We could always set up signs like the art show but call it a community get together or some sort.

*~OleBloo~*
Email   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #8 - 06/25/07 at 11:06am

Change on the date:

The "nice" lady at the Hoover Recreation Center advised me that Aug. 4 was already booked, so I reserved Aug. 11 from 1-5.  Hopefully everything else will still fall into place.

It would be great for someone to be our "Social Director" and help spearhead this thing.  If anyone is interested, please send an e-mail to info@bluffparkal.org and put Party in the subject line.

More info to come as it becomes available.

OleBloo:  You are correct as to the signs and maybe the Social Director can work on that once they step forward.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
BluffParkwriter
Ex Member

Re:yard sale
Reply #9 - 06/25/07 at 5:40pm

Just to be clear.
The lady that called me back about the community center said that they do not allow yard sales in or around the area. So the yard sale will not be a part of this

IP Logged
OleBloo

Re: Re:yard sale
Reply #10 - 06/28/07 at 11:17pm

Quote from BluffParkwriter on 06/25/07 at 5:40pm:
Just to be clear.
The lady that called me back about the community center said that they do not allow yard sales in or around the area. So the yard sale will not be a part of this

Thats sad she's not willing to give in to that, we could maybe offer flyers of local yard sales in the area that day? Not everyone will make it because of personal reasons but what if we got a walking distance from the area to have local yard sales on streets like Rockview Lane, Cloudland, or Savoy?  The event itself would be a great meet and greet but also a great way to branch out to our fellow "Bluff Parkers"  Smiley Just a thought

*~OleBloo~*
Email   IP Logged
BluffParkwriter
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 06/29/07 at 12:55am

OleBloo That is a fab idea. We could make a map (or print one of google) of the area yard sales.
We are looking for someone to help in the planning with all this... would you be interested????

IP Logged
OleBloo

Reply #12 - 07/01/07 at 2:44am

Well I have given this some thought and I'll be more than happy to do what I can to help with this, I have jotted down a lot of great ideas we can do and whatnot  Grin I'm honored to help out

*~OleBloo~*
Email   IP Logged
OleBloo

Reply #13 - 07/06/07 at 10:19am

Well any ideas floating around or anyone know what they had in mind to do? Do we have anyone else helping? Smiley This month is gonna fly by before we know it Smiley

*~OleBloo~*
Email   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #14 - 07/06/07 at 1:48pm

OleBloo, Please check your Private Messages for further info.  Thanks.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company