"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
03/29/24 at 8:56am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new mall (the grove) (Read 6199 times)
onTop
YaBB Newbies

I Love The Tide !

new mall (the grove)
07/10/07 at 9:47am

Traffic for the mosque will be nothing compaired to the new mall. It will nessle up to Lake Crest. Three big anchors including Lowe's. A place of worship should be no concern compaired to the new mall. undecided

« Last Edit: 07/10/07 at 3:19pm by BluffParkwriter »  

"Mama wanted me to be a preacher. I told her coachin' and preachin' were alot alike." Paul "Bear" Bryant
  IP Logged
meredithshepherd
YaBB Newbies

Re: mosque in hoover BP residents need to read
Reply #1 - 07/10/07 at 3:13pm

Would you be so helpful as to inform me more on this new mall you mentioned? Thanks!

IP Logged
BluffParkwriter
Ex Member

Re: new mall (the grove)
Reply #2 - 07/10/07 at 3:24pm

I have split this to a new topic just for mall comentary

turneme19, here is a few links from the news on the site
http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2007/07/new_york_firm_buys_land_for_ho.html
http://www.al.com/birminghamnews/stories/index.ssf?/base/business/11840576051475 00.xml&coll=2

Ontop I think the comparison of the mall site and the mosque site is a bit moot because it is 2 totally different things in 2 different locations. I do think there will be a traffic issue at the Grove but the area is better spaced to deal with it than than the smaller area (in comparison) to the mosque site.

IP Logged
onTop
YaBB Newbies

I Love The Tide !

Reply #3 - 07/11/07 at 10:39am

I dont like my comments moved to your discretion Angry. I thought this was an open forum. undecidedThe mosque traffic problems and new mall are BOTH effecting traffic in Bluff Park. Both should be talked about in same topic because they are so close to the same neighborhoods, BECAUSE the main topic of concern of the mosque was TRAFFIC. If you would like to start a new topic concerning the new mall go ahead, but PLEASE let my comments stand where i put them.

"Mama wanted me to be a preacher. I told her coachin' and preachin' were alot alike." Paul "Bear" Bryant
  IP Logged
BluffParkwriter
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/11/07 at 11:36am

ONTOP  
no one is keeping you from commenting on anything. I can move or split anything I like, I am a moderator. Other moderators have moved or split my post because they fit in a better place. This fits better on its own.

I did not want others reading the post to get the locations confused, being that it was a similar topic but two different locations.  

Turneme19 wanted more info on the mall site, that is why I moved this to its own topic to keep all the mall info in one place. I am sure others will want to post their opinions on the mall.

IP Logged
whatsmybeef
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #5 - 07/14/07 at 2:30am

I think I'll take a before and after photo of this property.  Or just use googlearth.  This could be an excellent chance to teach our children the proper use for the word irony.   " THE GROVE "  ?    

" Hoover City Council member Mari Morrison said she is excited about the center and its expected retail tenants. "
It's a great opportunity for us to keep shoppers in Hoover," said Morrison, who lives near the planned development. "We have a tremendous amount of shoppers at Trace Crossings and Lake Cyrus. This will be great for them."  

Well, she seems pretty easy to please.  I'm glad she won't have to drive the extra 4 miles to get that big screen TV.
 Somehow I just don't see how this will keep shoppers in Hoover.  It's not like people in Lake C or Trace C or anyone between there and Vance are running to Bessemer to shop.  Oh well, stick out a recorder and ask for a quote and I quess you have to say something.  

IP Logged
BluffParkwriter
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/15/07 at 8:21pm

it seems like to me that every-time there is a new growing residential area in hoover then they add the shopping center near it.  Convenient to spend in the city.  

I have to say that it will be nice to have a target near by, I hate going to 280. I also think the Lowe's will be a good addition, the other one is in Wildwood and I really dont like going to Wildwood.... not very safe on the other side.

To me, what I have seen in growth is good but I do think that we need to slow down a bit. I am glad to see that they are bringing in some good stores.  

I do wish they would tell us something official about the feasibility study for the Shades Mountain Shopping Center area (Piggly Wiggly shopping center)

IP Logged
meredithshepherd
YaBB Newbies

Reply #7 - 07/15/07 at 8:28pm

Ditto on the previous comment.  I say NO to Lowe's in Wildwood and YES YES YES to a Target close to me.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company