"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
04/18/24 at 9:01pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stolen church signs (Read 13486 times)
JBH
YaBB Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Stolen church signs
08/12/07 at 3:41pm

This is from a young man in our local scout troop.....

"A note of update on my Eagle project.  After we completed putting up St Alban's church signs several weeks ago, several signs were stolen and one torn down.  I replaced several signs.  And, now all signs are gone (except one).  The church has filed a police report.  We are very concerned.  Why would someone steal church signs.  Please look around, if you see any of the signs, please call me. "

I'm not putting his name or number here, but if you know anything, either call the police or let me know.  And if your kid has the signs in the corner of his/her bedroom, beat them with the signs first!   Just kidding, mostly.  Do let someone know if you see the sign.  They were quite expensive, and a lot of work went into putting them up.

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Stolen church signs
Reply #1 - 08/12/07 at 9:55pm

Quote from JBH on 08/12/07 at 3:41pm:
This is from a young man in our local scout troop.....

"A note of update on my Eagle project.  After we completed putting up St Alban's church signs several weeks ago, several signs were stolen and one torn down.  I replaced several signs.  And, now all signs are gone (except one).  The church has filed a police report.  We are very concerned.  Why would someone steal church signs.  Please look around, if you see any of the signs, please call me. "

I'm not putting his name or number here, but if you know anything, either call the police or let me know.  And if your kid has the signs in the corner of his/her bedroom, beat them with the signs first!   Just kidding, mostly.  Do let someone know if you see the sign.  They were quite expensive, and a lot of work went into putting them up.

We have put this information up on the front page of the web site.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
ronsu
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #2 - 08/14/07 at 4:23pm

Chapel inthe Pines had their "sandwich board" stolen from the front of the church Sat night. It looks like the culprits tried to take the Beautification sign as well, but failed.   If the St Albans signs are found, maybe ours is with them.  Is it just churches that are being robbed of signs, or are real estate signs disappearing, etc

IP Logged
Bluff Park Guy

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #3 - 08/15/07 at 4:17pm

I think real estate signs too. I had my sign along with the other real estate signs stolen down the hill by Camden Place subdivision.

IP Logged
fitgrl

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #4 - 09/04/07 at 1:58pm

Several signs around Shades Mtn. Plaza were stolen as well over Labor Day weekend.  They were sawed off at the ground.

IP Logged
roxy
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #5 - 09/04/07 at 2:04pm

AngryMy across the street neighbor had his For- sale- by owner sign & box stolen too !

roxy roxy   IP Logged
bparkian
YaBB Newbies

Reply #6 - 09/04/07 at 2:38pm

What is the deal!!!????  Does anyone know what the police say/think about all of these signs being stolen?  That one in the empty lot next to the  
Pig was huge!!  Someone must have really wanted it to take the time to saw it down.  I can just picture some teenager's bedroom full of church & real estate signs!  Seriously though, what is the point??!!

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #7 - 09/04/07 at 3:33pm

Quote from bparkian on 09/04/07 at 2:38pm:
What is the deal!!!????  Does anyone know what the police say/think about all of these signs being stolen?  That one in the empty lot next to the
Pig was huge!!  Someone must have really wanted it to take the time to saw it down.  I can just picture some teenager's bedroom full of church & real estate signs!  Seriously though, what is the point??!!

I'll ask Asst. Chief Roper when he calls me back.  

Maybe somebody had a bad experience with the Hoover Sign Code...

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #8 - 11/30/07 at 8:34am

This e-mail was received by us today regarding the ongoing theft of signs in Bluff Park:

When this first occurred at our church, a posting was done (this was back in August).  I think what we need to get out to the public is that this is still going on, not just at St. Alban's but at many of the churches, all in Bluff Park.  Not only does it happen once but everything a new sign is erected.  This has gone on for over a year.  The descriptions I got were two adults, one male and one female, driving a white or white with blue pick up. The woman is middle-age and the male looks to be her adult son.  This duo apparently has a problem with signs so rather than complain to the police, they just take them.  Someone is bound to know this folks.  It has cost lots of money and I am sure the same is true for the other organizations who are having their signs taken also.  It is not just a prank pulled of by kids. People have provided descriptions to the police but they need a tag number.  Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.  We cannot afford to keep replacing our sign.  (They also took the Boy Scouts banner announcing their annual Christmas tree sale).

If you know who these people are, please contact the Hoover PD at 822-5300.  If  you'd rather send an e-mail, you can send it to info@bluffparkal.org and we'll relay the information to the Hoover PD.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Ann Smith
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #9 - 12/02/07 at 8:57pm

Apparently sign theft is hapening in areas other than Bluff Park.  I know someone who has a business in McCalla whose sign was stolen within the last 2 weeks.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company