"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
04/25/24 at 5:58pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What is Bluff Park (Read 2847 times)
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

What is Bluff Park
08/06/08 at 6:25pm

several have asked what are the boundaries for Bluff Park.
BPRESIDENT had a good post in another thread, I am sticking it at the top here for reference.

Quote:
We must go back in history.

Prior to BluffParkAl.org being in existence, there was a Bluff Park Neighborhood Associationn that folded in January 2006. I was able to speak to the former president of the association and asked her what their qualifications for being in Bluff Park were. She indicated that they considered any house who's kids were zoned for Bluff Park Elementary School as being in "Bluff Park". That was our second reference (old fire district was the first). Keep in mind that prior to the re-zoning of 2004, kids who lived on Shades Crest Road all the way to Hwy. 150 were zoned for Bluff Park Elementary.

I (and the other "founders" of BluffParkAl.org) then looked at the general area that we call Bluff Park. The business center of Bluff Park is the Shades Mountain Plaza area and Bluff Park Village. Outlying business section, thus not in the "center" include Tip Top Grill, Bluff Park Hardware, etc. We thought that anyone who would frequent the shops in both of those centers should be considered as "Bluff Park", so we came up with the following boundaries:

From Chapel Road by the power sub-station to Shades Crest Road to Sulphur Springs Road on one end, I-65 on the other end and down to Gary Mac drive off Tyler Road and everything inside those roads is what we would consider Bluff Park.

The Alford Avenue area would be sketchy.
Since BluffParkAl.org was formed in August 2006 , the Shades Mountain community has come up with their own group http://shadesmt.16.forumer.com/ and are basing it on the success that we've had, which is great.

that's what we consider to be "Bluff Park", some areas could be called both.

http://bluffparkal.org/bpforum/YaBB.pl?num=1213668330/84#84  original full post from BPRESIDENT

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company