"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
04/20/24 at 7:29am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New China (Read 11077 times)
bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

New China
08/15/08 at 7:26pm

Anyone who likes good (sorry, great!) Chinese food and lives in Bluff Park has probably been to New China.  They probably also have their favorite item (Sesame Chicken, thank you) and are probably used to the "Five, ten minute" response after placing the order, and the personal service of being handed the order without even having to say anything when you walk in.

This evening, though, I was floored by what I saw.  After placing the order I heard "Ten, fifteen minute" which I thought was a little odd.  Until I arrived at New China and saw the reason.  The line was out the door!  And it wasn't because they were short staffed.  Actually quite the opposite.  The kitchen was filled with staff rushing to get the orders out.  And after standing in line for 15 minutes, as I walked out, the line was still out the door.

Am I complaining?  Nope.  Quite the opposite.  I am glad for them.  Even though we're supposed to be in rough economic times, New China is proof positive that when you offer a great product at a fair price with outstanding customer service you can be successful in business.  Now lets just hope that they stick around.

IP Logged
teatucker

Welsh with no tail

Re: New China
Reply #1 - 08/15/08 at 10:51pm

I, like you have had the personal service of being handed the order without even having to say anything walking in (fried rice for meSmiley ) 10 "minit" always!!! wow now 15 I have never heard that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wonderful for them

IP Logged
ht2

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #2 - 05/06/10 at 10:58pm

Quote from teatucker on 08/15/08 at 10:51pm:
I, like you have had the personal service of being handed the order without even having to say anything walking in (fried rice for meSmiley ) 10 "minit" always!!! wow now 15 I have never heard that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wonderful for them

It has become a game for me and my wife to see how quickly I can complete our order over the phone.  Usually from the time the phone starts ringing until I hang up is 7-8 seconds, and that's placing 2 different orders with 2 different soups.  And the second I walk in the lady somehow knows which order is mine.  It's some Rainman stuff.  Love their food.  Their lunch portions feed us for at least 2.5 meals and are cheap as anything.  The dinner portions are even larger.  Good quality, too.  I've never had anything bad there.  Not sure what this Yummy China place knows that I don't know, but they are in for a battle.

IP Logged
_anonymous_
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #3 - 05/08/10 at 2:09pm

Ive only been there about 4 times. The lady had my order memorized by the 3rd Smiley impressive.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company