"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
03/28/24 at 5:07am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Pig Robbed Again (Read 23179 times)
JBH
YaBB Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Pig Robbed Again
Reply #15 - 11/22/08 at 11:39am

Don't park in the alley when you have to close.

Don't be going to your car alone when you close.

If they close up and leave at a regular time, maybe a patrol car could arrange to be there.  There aren't that many businesses closing up here on the mountain at that time of night.  And they could keep an eye out for people hanging out in cars or just hanging around at that hour.

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #16 - 12/17/08 at 4:21pm

We just received the following press release from Hoover Police Department:

HOOVER POLICE DEPARTMENT
100 Municipal Drive
Hoover, Alabama 35216
Administration (205) 444-7700 Emergency (205) 822-5300
www.hooverpd.com
Nicholas C. Derzis, Chief of Police

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, from the office of Chief Nicholas Derzis:
Captain Jim Coker
(205) 739-7162 Office
cokerj@ci.hoover.al.us

On Saturday, November 15, 2008, the Hoover Police received a call of a
robbery at the Piggly Wiggly grocery store located in Bluff Park. The robbery
was reported to have occurred at 22:30 (10:30pm). The store manager reported
that two black males approached him as he exited the store, forced him back
inside at gunpoint, and robbed him, taking money which belonged to the store.

The Hoover Police Department has made the following arrests in this
case, which is considered a “staged” robbery in order to conceal a theft:

Eric Cardell Davis, B/M, 32 years old, DOB 03-10-1976. Davis was a manager
at the Bluff Park Piggly Wiggly, and was listed as the victim on the report. Davis
was arrested Monday, Dec. 15, 2008. Davis resides in Bluff Park.
A warrant was obtained Dec. 16 for Theft of Property 1st Degree. The bond
amount was $12,000.00. Davis was transferred to the Jefferson County Jail
December 16.

Dwayne Michael Ford, B/M, 34 years old, DOB 04-03-1974. Ford is the
roommate of Eric Davis, and resides in Bluff Park. Ford was arrested on Friday,
Dec. 12, 2008. A warrant was obtained December 12 for Theft of Property 1st
Degree. The bond amount is $1,000.00. Ford was transferred to the Jefferson
County Jail Dec. 12.

Nathaniel King IV, B/M, 23 years old, DOB 02-08-1985. King is the brother of
Dwayne Ford. He resides in Bessemer. A warrant was obtained Dec. 16 for
Theft of Property 1st Degree bond amount $1,000.00. King turned himself in the
night of December 16.

We commend the Hoover Police Department for a job well done!

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Guy

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #17 - 12/17/08 at 4:50pm

You know, after this initially happened I was at the Pig and drove down the alley that the manager said he parked in. There really isn't even a place to park a car in the alley and there would be no reason for the manager to do so. I was tempted to get on here and give my opinion that the whole thing was a setup/inside job but held my tongue.  Looks like my suspicions were correct. I'm glad this wasn't a true robbery but looks like the guys that own the Pig need to do a little better job on who they hire. This is just my opinion but I have noticed some of the employees who now work at the Pig seem a little shady. Not too long ago it used to be young high school kids who worked there but its changed. I dropped my wallet in the parking lot a couple of years ago and before I even noticed it was missing someone had run up a bunch of purchases on my credit card at a Food World and gas station over in Bessemer. No comment.

IP Logged
teatucker

Welsh with no tail

Reply #18 - 12/17/08 at 5:35pm

Thank you to the Hoover Police on this and for the posting of the presser.
How selfish of that Piggly Wiggly employee to make up the story and get the community a bit up set.
Still, does not mean that things like this dont happen (anywhere), everyone still needs to practice safe shopping and working, especially now that we are in holiday time. Dont walk to your car on your own and keep your eyes open.

and on a similar note on safety, make sure ladies when you go to the restroom in a public bathroom that you check shoes under the other stalls... that they are (women) shoes. A friend of mine was attacked in a restroom by a man who was hiding in a stall and when she "sat" down he pulled her legs and she fell and he started to attack her. Her husband was outside the restrooms and heard her screaming, ran in and got beat up as well. THis was an older couple and happened a few years ago, the man arrested and charged (he is up for parole this year) He was hiding for the first (I am sorry to say it this way) white woman that came in (he was black and upset of being fired by a white boss) to rape her.  So just watch when you go  in a public bathroom or evening a dressing room in department stores. My friend did not know the attacker or had ever had any doings with the company the man was fired from.. she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

« Last Edit: 12/21/08 at 2:05pm by teatucker »  
  IP Logged
Lucysmom
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #19 - 12/17/08 at 7:35pm

I, too, thought the story of the robbery was suspicious.  In response to Bluff Park Guy's comment about losing his billfold at the Pig -- Several months ago I found a billfold on the pavement in one of the parking spots right by the front door of the Pig.  I turned it in to the manager at the Pig -- a black male.  For the next few weeks every time I was in the Pig and saw that manager I asked him if anyone had come in to claim the billfold and he said no.  He also told me that there was no money in the billfold -- only credit cards and the all the credit cards were in different names and that he had been unable to contact anyone from the names on the credit cards.  I did not look in the billfold before I turned it in to the manager.  But I guess if I ever find anything again, I will turn it in to the police and not to an employee of the business where it was found.  That is sad!!

Email   IP Logged
Mrs. B

Reply #20 - 12/18/08 at 8:02am

I see by this morning's paper that a manager and some of his roommates cooked up the robbery tale....Sad.....guess their Christmas will not be so merry.

IP Logged
RockviewResident

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #21 - 12/19/08 at 11:35am

Absolutely pathetic that we have people like this working in Bluff Park.  The Pig needs to have better background checks.  I can't imagine this is their first run in with the law.

War Eagle!
  IP Logged
TigerLily08
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #22 - 12/19/08 at 8:28pm

I can't confirm this butI heard that the Pig in Liberty Park had a similar experience (safe was take from the premises).

« Last Edit: 12/19/08 at 10:34pm by bpresident »  
Email TigerLily08   IP Logged
fitgrl

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #23 - 12/19/08 at 11:31pm

I guess I'm confused, teatucker, who were the 2 PW employees that were in on the robbery?  I only read of the one manager.  

I'm so glad to know that there weren't actually armed and dangerous men lurking in the alley late at night but am so sad that this manager would do such a stupid stupid thing.  They stole $6k, split three ways.  He had a good job and had been with the PW corp for a while before coming to BP.  I can't believe he would think that would be worth it.   Sad

IP Logged
teatucker

Welsh with no tail

Reply #24 - 12/21/08 at 2:04pm

Quote from fitgrl on 12/19/08 at 11:31pm:
I guess I'm confused, teatucker, who were the 2 PW employees that were in on the robbery? I only read of the one manager.

I'm so glad to know that there weren't actually armed and dangerous men lurking in the alley late at night but am so sad that this manager would do such a stupid stupid thing. They stole $6k, split three ways. He had a good job and had been with the PW corp for a while before coming to BP. I can't believe he would think that would be worth it. Sad

manager of PW and I am sorry I thought i read that the roommate was an employee or had worked there or at one time had worked there.

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #25 - 01/26/09 at 4:28pm

We just received the following press release from the Hoover Police Department:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, from the office of Chief Nicholas Derzis:
January 26, 2009
Captain Jim Coker
(205) 739-7162 Office
(205) 739-7300 Fax
cokerj@ci.hoover.al.us

This is additional information relating to the final arrest in the reported robbery of
the Piggly Wiggly in Bluff Park.

On Saturday, November 15, 2008, the Hoover Police received a call of a robbery
at the Piggly Wiggly grocery store located in Bluff Park. The robbery was
reported to have occurred at 22:30 (10:30pm). The store manager reported that
two black males approached him as he exited the store, forced him back inside
at gunpoint, and robbed him, taking money which belonged to the store.

Rodrico Antwon Files, B/M DOB 01/09/89, of Bessemer, has been charged
with Theft 1st Degree. His bond is $1,000. Files acted as the driver during the
theft, which was a staged robbery. No photo of Files is available at this time.
Files turned himself in at the Jefferson County Jail on January 23, 2009.

The Hoover Police Department previously made the following arrests in
this case:
Eric Cardell Davis, B/M, 32 years old, DOB 03-10-1976
Dwayne Michael Ford, B/M, 34 years old, DOB 04-03-1974.
Nathaniel King IV, B/M, 23 years old, DOB 02-08-1985

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company