"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
04/18/24 at 5:42am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Almost Robbed Just Now (Read 17597 times)
Abbey111

I Love Bluff Park!

Almost Robbed Just Now
01/30/09 at 12:18am

White male in dark colored Z71 truck try to break in just now!! One of our 2 Danes woke us up barking- finally for a real reason. I have rewarded them with bologna and praise. My husband saw a man running back to get into his truck. He said he was lost. My husband told me to call police. I did, I couldn't even say the word TRUCK I was so shook up. It was 11:45 pm. The person tried to back up without my husband seeing his plate. He then drove back and forth in front of our house taunting us some and finally drove away. turn out he left our gate open and had tried to break into our backyard. It was only 11:45! Police said most people just try to rob cars at night and break in during the day when noone is home. That kind of scares me that this person was brazen enough to do this. Must have been on drugs. It's not like we really have that much valuable stuff.

WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Almost Robbed Just Now
Reply #1 - 01/30/09 at 6:20am

Quote from Abbey111 on 01/30/09 at 12:18am:
White male in dark colored Z71 truck try to break in just now!! One of our 2 Danes woke us up barking- finally for a real reason. I have rewarded them with bologna and praise. My husband saw a man running back to get into his truck. He said he was lost. My husband told me to call police. I did, I couldn't even say the word TRUCK I was so shook up. It was 11:45 pm. The person tried to back up without my husband seeing his plate. He then drove back and forth in front of our house taunting us some and finally drove away. turn out he left our gate open and had tried to break into our backyard. It was only 11:45! Police said most people just try to rob cars at night and break in during the day when noone is home. That kind of scares me that this person was brazen enough to do this. Must have been on drugs. It's not like we really have that much valuable stuff.

Glad to hear you're OK!!

Check your Private Messages

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Abbey111

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #2 - 01/30/09 at 7:55am

How do I check my private messages? Thanks.

WWW   IP Logged
Mrs. B

Reply #3 - 01/30/09 at 8:04am

Which area of Bluff Park????

I am one of those people who works out of my home and being the old busy body that I am, I try to keep an eye out on what goes on on my streets.  My neighbor and I are interested in where this took place.

Happy it turned out okay for you guys!

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #4 - 01/30/09 at 8:27am

Quote from Abbey111 on 01/30/09 at 7:55am:
How do I check my private messages? Thanks.

Right above the date and time (to the right of the second Bluff Park web site banner) you'll see "Hey, Abbey111, you have x messages, 0 are new.  Click on the x messages and it will take you to the Private Messages area.  I just sent you one, so you may receive a pop up also once you log in.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Abbey111

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #5 - 01/30/09 at 8:55am

Quote from Mrs. B on 01/30/09 at 8:04am:

I am one of those people who works out of my home and being the old busy body that I am, I try to keep an eye out on what goes on on my streets.  My neighbor and I are interested in where this took place.

We are located on Bluff Road. The robber/burglar was dumb. It was 11:45. We have 2 Great Danes. We are also parents of an infant and have to be up every few hours anyway and are light sleepers. Our lights were also on. It was strange that he would choose us. We do have wooded back lot opposite our back yard. Maybe that was one reason why.

WWW   IP Logged
Recap

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #6 - 01/30/09 at 9:11am

Quote from Abbey111 on 01/30/09 at 8:55am:

We are located on Bluff Road. The robber/burglar was dumb. It was 11:45. We have 2 Great Danes. We are also parents of an infant and have to be up every few hours anyway and are light sleepers. Our lights were also on. It was strange that he would choose us. We do have wooded back lot opposite our back yard. Maybe that was one reason why.

Where is Bluff Road?  I know how to get around Bluff Park but don't know the street names/locations.  I would almost bet it is the same white male I saw driving slowly around the swimming pool area two days ago!  I honestly felt that he was trying to decide whether or not to get out of his car and rob me/force me into my house that afternoon to rob me since he came back by three times and turned around and was headed back the fourth time.

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #7 - 01/30/09 at 9:13am

http://www.hooverpd.com/home/crimealert_reg_residential.asp

Link to sign up for the Hoover PD newsletter.  We're hoping this incident makes it, but we should all keep an eye out for this truck and report it to Hoover PD.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Abbey111

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #8 - 01/30/09 at 10:52am

[quote author=Recap link=1233296295/0#6 date=1233328310][quote author=Abbey111 link=1233296295/0#5 date=1233327311]Quote from Mrs. B on 01/30/09 at 8:04am:

Where is Bluff Road?  I know how to get around Bluff Park but don't know the street names/locations.  I would almost bet it is the same white male I saw driving slowly around the swimming pool area two days ago!  I honestly felt that he was trying to decide whether or not to get out of his car and rob me/force me into my house that afternoon to rob me since he came back by three times and turned around and was headed back the fourth time.

It could have been him! We live on other side of wooded lot that is facing swing set in the park. Bluff Rd is located off Clearview. If you are coming from Pig on clearview you make 2nd right after leaving cookie cutter neighborhood.

I just found a receipt from a store I do not shop at for clothes I did not buy. It was beside gate that he probably entered through. I called police and submitted it as evidence just now. The items were sold to a female- probably his girlfriend? Of course, we can never know for sure. Maybe if they were to catch someone it can help connect him to crime or something.

The male was white, wearing a hat, no facial hair, tall, and looked to be in his thirties. Does this match description of person she saw around pool. I told officer about you spotting someone around the pool.

WWW   IP Logged
Recap

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #9 - 01/30/09 at 11:32am

[quote author=Abbey111 link=1233296295/0#8 date=1233334370][quote author=Recap link=1233296295/0#6 date=1233328310]Quote from Abbey111 on 01/30/09 at 8:55am:

It could have been him! We live on other side of wooded lot that is facing swing set in the park. Bluff Rd is located off Clearview. If you are coming from Pig on clearview you make 2nd right after leaving cookie cutter neighborhood.

I just found a receipt from a store I do not shop at for clothes I did not buy. It was beside gate that he probably entered through. I called police and submitted it as evidence just now. The items were sold to a female- probably his girlfriend? Of course, we can never know for sure. Maybe if they were to catch someone it can help connect him to crime or something.

The male was white, wearing a hat, no facial hair, tall, and looked to be in his thirties. Does this match description of person she saw around pool. I told officer about you spotting someone around the pool.

The person driving suspiciously in the neighborhood had on a toboggan low on the face and coat pulled up around their neck, so it was hard to tell his age, but I believe I could pick his face out in a picture.  He had no facial hair.

Two things bothered me about him (other than I was afraid he might attempt to rob me) 1. his timing was exactly the time that the kids are getting off the school bus in that neighborhood area, 2. he was bundled up in a protective manner on a day that was in the mid to high 60's!

When I put my garbage can on the street on Monday, I noticed there are around 15-20 cigarette butts in my driveway, not like someone dumped an ashtray, but like someone has stood there and constantly smoked.  I don't smoke and no one in my family smokes.

We definitely have someone in our area that isn't supposed to be here!

IP Logged
Bamafan501
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #10 - 01/30/09 at 12:24pm

[quote author=Abbey111 link=1233296295/0#8 date=1233334370][quote author=Recap link=1233296295/0#6 date=1233328310]Quote from Abbey111 on 01/30/09 at 8:55am:

Did you file a police report?

Email   IP Logged
Bamafan501
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #11 - 01/30/09 at 12:25pm

[quote author=Recap link=1233296295/0#9 date=1233336776][quote author=Abbey111 link=1233296295/0#8 date=1233334370]Quote from Recap on 01/30/09 at 9:11am:
Quote from Abbey111 on 01/30/09 at 8:55am:

The person driving suspiciously in the neighborhood had on a toboggan low on the face and coat pulled up around their neck, so it was hard to tell his age, but I believe I could pick his face out in a picture.  He had no facial hair.

Two things bothered me about him (other than I was afraid he might attempt to rob me) 1. his timing was exactly the time that the kids are getting off the school bus in that neighborhood area, 2. he was bundled up in a protective manner on a day that was in the mid to high 60's!

When I put my garbage can on the street on Monday, I noticed there are around 15-20 cigarette butts in my driveway, not like someone dumped an ashtray, but like someone has stood there and constantly smoked.  I don't smoke and no one in my family smokes.

We definitely have someone in our area that isn't supposed to be here!

I doubt anybody fixing to commit any crime stood in the same spot long enough to smoke 15-20 cigarettes.

Email   IP Logged
Abbey111

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #12 - 01/30/09 at 1:43pm

I filed police report, yes.

WWW   IP Logged
Recap

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #13 - 01/30/09 at 2:24pm

I doubt anybody fixing to commit any crime stood in the same spot long enough to smoke 15-20 cigarettes. [/quote]

I didn't mean to imply that I thought that whoever is smoking in my driveway was going to commit a crime, but I do find it very strange that someone would stand in a stranger's driveway smoking that many cigarettes.  Seeing a cigarette butt or two that got flipped out a car window or thrown down while someone was walking is a natural occurence.  But, it is very obvious that someone....for whatever reason....is standing/loitering in my driveway and smoking.

Anyway, I've picked them all up so we will see if they return to smoke some more!

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #14 - 01/30/09 at 2:52pm

Just received from the Hoover PD e-mail system:

Last night at approximately 1040 pm, a resident in the 2200 area of Bluff Road reported suspicious vehicle that had pulled into his driveway. The vehicle was a dark blue Chev. Z-71 pickup truck with a toolbox and possibly a crew cab. The suspect was a young white male in his mid 20's wearing a flannel shirt, blue jeans and an orange baseball hat. Nothing was damaged or taken from the residence. Remember, if you observe suspicious activity, call the Hoover Police Dept. using 911 or 822-5300.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company