"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
03/29/24 at 2:00am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Almost Robbed Just Now (Read 17571 times)
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Almost Robbed Just Now
Reply #30 - 02/16/09 at 10:50am

Quote from nickel4al on 02/10/09 at 10:19am:
The range on South Shades Crest is private and expensive.  There is one near Hueytown that is much more reasonable and not that far away...

Any more details on this?  Name?  Location?  Phone number?  Thanks!

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
nickel4al

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #31 - 02/16/09 at 2:42pm

It's Called the FOP Range and I believe it is actually in Pleasant Grove.  This is the website for it...http://www.foprangeinc.com/

stangviperred   IP Logged
stumpy
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #32 - 02/16/09 at 3:15pm

The FOP range is most likey the place you want to go. Its a little out of the way but its much cheaper and smaller then Steel City. The FOP range has pistol,rifle and shotgun ranges so your not missing anything. However if your interested in info on Steel City, the one on South Shades Crest. www.scssa.org/club_profile.htm.  
I recommend the FOP range but just go during the week to avoid a crowd.One last thing ammo is very expensive these days thanks to our liberal government its cheapest to buy in bulk on the internet or out in Leeds at Bass Pro. If you have any more questions just let me know.

IP Logged
Leo
YaBB Newbies

Reply #33 - 02/24/09 at 4:31pm

>  Angry  I was told there was another  robbery Friday night in BP near Alford close to where it dead ends to Tyler. Has anyone heard anything?

IP Logged
Mrs. B

Reply #34 - 02/25/09 at 1:15pm

Someone who lives in the area said that on Friday a white mustang was cruising that area - with a person walking from house to house - several unlocked cars had GPS, etc taken.  They were run off - and I cannot say if there was a report sent in.

I had a group of teenagers stop at the end of my driveway Friday evening early - 8:30 pm - there were about 8 of them who got out of a late model van and were just hollering in the street - looked like high school age - in an expensive van. Turned on the flood lights and they all got in the van and drove off.

I am not sure I like the trend here.

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #35 - 02/25/09 at 2:27pm

Quote from Mrs. B on 02/25/09 at 1:15pm:
Someone who lives in the area said that on Friday a white mustang was cruising that area - with a person walking from house to house - several unlocked cars had GPS, etc taken.  They were run off - and I cannot say if there was a report sent in.

I had a group of teenagers stop at the end of my driveway Friday evening early - 8:30 pm - there were about 8 of them who got out of a late model van and were just hollering in the street - looked like high school age - in an expensive van. Turned on the flood lights and they all got in the van and drove off.

I am not sure I like the trend here.

I don't think we could call this a "trend".  A couple of "incidents" would be more appropriate.  Comparatively speaking, we still have a very low crime rate.  

The key is to make sure we all watch out for things that are out of the norm and let others know.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Reply #36 - 02/25/09 at 3:23pm

just a tip for everyone, you may want to keep a camera by a window or door you can get to fast if you see a suspicious car or group of people. Also cell phones with cams are a good thing to keep on you. The camera on my phone is not very good but it was good enough to catch a car tag that ran me and my husband off the road and we turned the photo over to officer Foreman via email.

Email WWW   IP Logged
sweethome2
Ex Member

Reply #37 - 02/25/09 at 3:44pm

Quote from BluffParkWriter on 02/25/09 at 3:23pm:
just a tip for everyone, you may want to keep a camera by a window or door you can get to fast if you see a suspicious car or group of people. Also cell phones with cams are a good thing to keep on you. The camera on my phone is not very good but it was good enough to catch a car tag that ran me and my husband off the road and we turned the photo over to officer Foreman via email.

Good luck with that.  I was told by the Hoover Police when the drunk that was across the street( moved away thank God), went down our road backwards, no lights own and drunk out of his mind, that there was nothing the police could do because they did not see it.

IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Reply #38 - 02/25/09 at 3:56pm

Just doing what the officer said, we did get a response and it was taken care of.. we were not the only one who had complained about the car.. it was seen several times driving recklessly around BP. This was also a while back.. middle of last year.

Thank God that person moved away from you.. very dangerous, drunks, not good

Email WWW   IP Logged
sweethome2
Ex Member

Reply #39 - 02/25/09 at 4:39pm

Quote from BluffParkWriter on 02/25/09 at 3:56pm:
Just doing what the officer said, we did get a response and it was taken care of.. we were not the only one who had complained about the car.. it was seen several times driving recklessly around BP. This was also a while back.. middle of last year.

I am happy that you got it handled.  We were so glad the drunk moved.  The worst incident was the night we found their child in out in our front yard, nothing on but a diaper, 34 degrees outside.  Yep, we are glad they are gone.  Rental houses bring the good and the bad, we are thankful the rental house has been sold and we have a nice family there now.

A car passed me on Sulphur Springs Road right by Al Seier Road, going up the hill and I called and gave the police the tag number.  Does reporting this type thing do any good or do you need a picture?  I may not be quick enough to get a picture with my cell phone sometimes.

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #40 - 02/25/09 at 5:21pm

Quote from sweethome2 on 02/25/09 at 4:39pm:
Quote from BluffParkWriter on 02/25/09 at 3:56pm:

I am happy that you got it handled.  We were so glad the drunk moved.  The worst incident was the night we found their child in out in our front yard, nothing on but a diaper, 34 degrees outside.  Yep, we are glad they are gone.  Rental houses bring the good and the bad, we are thankful the rental house has been sold and we have a nice family there now.

A car passed me on Sulphur Springs Road right by Al Seier Road, going up the hill and I called and gave the police the tag number.  Does reporting this type thing do any good or do you need a picture?  I may not be quick enough to get a picture with my cell phone sometimes.

Here's your answer:

http://bluffparkal.org/bpforum/YaBB.pl?num=1195592950/0

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Reply #41 - 02/25/09 at 6:03pm

Quote:

[color=#006600]wow!! 34 degrees, that is bad.
I would say that whatever you can give them (the police) the better, photo, tag number etc. The car that ran us off came up behind us again later at a stop sign on Park, blowing the horn (apparently we were not going fast enough for him) he got out of his car and was coming up to our window..my husband took off down one of the side streets and then we got behind him and took the pic. I have seen the car a few times now and he seems to have slowed down a lot.. I think he was a hot head. I guess it would be a good question to ask Officer Foreman.
[/color]

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company