"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
04/19/24 at 9:30am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Car Break Ins (Read 2460 times)
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Car Break Ins
02/23/09 at 11:46am

We received the following e-mail today:  

"I am not registered with the Bluff Park site yet.  However, wanted to post that our UNLOCKED cars were broken into.  The items stolen were an Ipod Nano and a GPS system.   They took a (my husband’s) black work bag – probably thought it was a laptop.  They left the bag on top of the dumpster at the Bluff Park Exxon and the Exxon employee called us and let us know.  This occurred Friday night – Saturday am – during the night time.  Just an FYI for everyone in the Bluff Park community.  We called the Hoover Police – he said we were his fourth call Sat am about the same situation – unlocked cars with items stolen.  We are located on Paramount Lane."

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
appleblossom

Groovy!!

Re: Car Break Ins
Reply #1 - 02/24/09 at 10:29am

FYI
  I was "told" that the man that lives on Turtle Creek Drive was released from jail a week or a few days ago.  He was the one they caught getting into unlocked cars in the area.  Police found boxes of cell phones, radio's and other things stolen from cars in his room.  I'm not saying it is him, but while he was in jail we didn't appear to have this problem.  Can anyone confirm he is actually out of jail.. I don't remember his name.

I'm making sure everything I have is locked up this time around.. he got into my car twice before he was caught.    

« Last Edit: 02/24/09 at 11:47am by Bluff Park Forum Admin »  
  IP Logged
kscott
YaBB Newbies

ROLL TIDE!

Reply #2 - 02/24/09 at 10:31am

Was a crime alert email received for the car breakins?  I'm still not getting any alerts.  The crimes are getting closer and closer to home.  I'm getting worried Huh

IP Logged
roxy
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #3 - 02/24/09 at 3:48pm

I may have gotten this web page from this forum, but it is worth posting for those who don't have it  

http://www.felonspy.com/search.html

I put in Turtle Creek address , nothing came up ?

roxy roxy   IP Logged
nickel4al

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #4 - 02/27/09 at 3:55pm

We should all spread the word to our neighbors to not leave doors to their houses or cars unlocked.  That is what the criminals are hoping people do.  Also, we should let everyone know not to leave valuables in plain view in our cars.  Maybe if the "candy" isn't easily available the criminals will go elsewhere for their fixes....

stangviperred   IP Logged
PharmD
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/28/09 at 6:52pm

Seems like i remember an article in the birmingham news about the kid on turtle creek that was breaking into cars.  My try searching the newspaper webstite...i just remember seeing a mug shot or something at one point.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company