"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
03/28/24 at 5:40am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Poll
Question: What do you think we should worry about more in Bluff Park?

People that run stop signs
Dogs running loose that could have diseases
People who's yards are overgrown
Possibility of diseases spread from standing H2O
Dilapidated houses
Speeders
Stray Cats

« Last Modified by: on: 05/11/09 at 1:00pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
What's More Important to You? (Read 23316 times)
sweethome2
Ex Member

Re: What's More Important to You?
Reply #30 - 08/26/09 at 8:16pm

Quote from teatucker on 08/26/09 at 7:24pm:
I was under the impression from reading the post the first time that one of the kids was bpresident, that was why he/she was watching...... that was just my thought but I can see where it could have been taken as not.. it was just a statement.. nothing to have to be "upfront" about.... just my opinion

On a side note There is a car/driver that blows up and down the Cambo area and runs around cars and yells at them, I have turned him in to Officer Foreman several times and it turned out that I was not the only one that was reporting this guy I found out later.  As of late I have not seen the car doing this.. but it has been hit or miss. So maybe some things are getting done but it would be nice if they would communicate more when they issue a warning or advise a bad driver after a report has been made.. it would just be nice to have a follow up from the police say like if I were called back and told that the driver was issued a warning or "someone else has reported the same person" some thing like that so we know our email/phone calls are being used to help.

Maybe I should explain to help you understand my thoughts.  The very first post I ever made here was picked apart because I did not disclose enough information, according to one of the mods.  I honestly did not think he was watching his own child.  Why not say my child instead of painting a picture of unknown children.  He said..." This morning I watched a corner where children were waiting on a school bus".  I don't see where anyone would believe this was about his child.  Maybe he was watching for people running a stop sign or speeding.  I understand your opinion, but after being raked over the coals, I learned you should be very detailed on this forum.  That is where the upfront comment came from.  I hope that you understand my thoughts on this.

IP Logged
bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #31 - 08/26/09 at 9:56pm

Quote from sweethome2 on 08/26/09 at 8:16pm:
I was under the impression from reading the post the first time that one of the kids was bpresident, that was why he/she was watching...... that was just my thought but I can see where it could have been taken as not.. it was just a statement.. nothing to have to be "upfront" about.... just my opinion

On a side note There is a car/driver that blows up and down the Cambo area and runs around cars and yells at them, I have turned him in to Officer Foreman several times and it turned out that I was not the only one that was reporting this guy I found out later.  As of late I have not seen the car doing this.. but it has been hit or miss. So maybe some things are getting done but it would be nice if they would communicate more when they issue a warning or advise a bad driver after a report has been made.. it would just be nice to have a follow up from the police say like if I were called back and told that the driver was issued a warning or "someone else has reported the same person" some thing like that so we know our email/phone calls are being used to help.

Maybe I should explain to help you understand my thoughts.  The very first post I ever made here was picked apart because I did not disclose enough information, according to one of the mods.  I honestly did not think he was watching his own child.  Why not say my child instead of painting a picture of unknown children.  He said..." This morning I watched a corner where children were waiting on a school bus".  I don't see where anyone would believe this was about his child.  Maybe he was watching for people running a stop sign or speeding.  I understand your opinion, but after being raked over the coals, I learned you should be very detailed on this forum.  That is where the upfront comment came from.  I hope that you understand my thoughts on this.

Sorry you felt "raked over the coals", SH.  Not my intention, believe me.  I do get rather upset at the way people drive here in Bluff Park.  I spent several years as a police officer and fireman.  In those years I saw things most people really don't need to see.  To this day I still can't get the image of coming up on an accident and seeing a Mustang laying on its side with a pair of legs sticking out from under it.  The legs belonged to a 15 year old girl.  Her name was Terry.  That was almost 30 years ago, but it seems like yesterday.

Nothing is more horrific than seeing a child injured by a careless driver, except one.  Seeing a child killed by a careless driver.  And having to tell his or her parents that their child will never come home again is also not a pleasant experience.

The house across the street from me has three little boys, all 8 and under.  The other house across the street has a little boy who's just learning to walk.  Next door are two toddlers.  My grandson is going to learn to walk soon.  We all know how little kids can be, and no matter how much you sometimes watch them, they sometimes can get away from you.  You know you've seen a young child running playfully away from his parents, arms up, laughing, running towards the road.  Can you imagine if someone just happens to run the stop sign and kills the child?  It's not a nice thought.  So yes, I get a little rilled up about it, since I've seen so much.

It's annoying that people take it so lightly when it's so important.  And with today's technology, it's easy to get distracted.  Have you seen that new commercial with the girl texting while driving?  It's pretty intense.

Accept my apology for getting upset when it comes to the topic of stop sign runners.  I apologize for the response.  But I can't apologize for the way that I feel about the subject.  Hope you understand.

IP Logged
nickel4al

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #32 - 08/27/09 at 9:30am

Just curious, but when was the last time someone got hit by a car in Bluff Park?

stangviperred   IP Logged
sweethome2
Ex Member

Reply #33 - 08/27/09 at 3:38pm

Nickel4al, I know of only one person hit by a car.  It was on Park Avenue about 10-12 years ago and I am guessing on the time frame.  It was a man riding a bike down Park and a car hit him.

IP Logged
teatucker

Welsh with no tail

Reply #34 - 08/27/09 at 6:12pm

10-4 on that, I see where you or anyone else read it that way.. no biggie Smiley

IP Logged
teatucker

Welsh with no tail

Reply #35 - 08/27/09 at 6:17pm

Quote from bpresident on 08/26/09 at 9:56pm:

Sorry you felt "raked over the coals", SH.  Not my intention, believe me.  I do get rather upset at the way people drive here in Bluff Park.  I spent several years as a police officer and fireman.  In those years I saw things most people really don't need to see.  To this day I still can't get the image of coming up on an accident and seeing a Mustang laying on its side with a pair of legs sticking out from under it.  The legs belonged to a 15 year old girl.  Her name was Terry.  That was almost 30 years ago, but it seems like yesterday.

Nothing is more horrific than seeing a child injured by a careless driver, except one.  Seeing a child killed by a careless driver.  And having to tell his or her parents that their child will never come home again is also not a pleasant experience.

The house across the street from me has three little boys, all 8 and under.  The other house across the street has a little boy who's just learning to walk.  Next door are two toddlers.  My grandson is going to learn to walk soon.  We all know how little kids can be, and no matter how much you sometimes watch them, they sometimes can get away from you.  You know you've seen a young child running playfully away from his parents, arms up, laughing, running towards the road.  Can you imagine if someone just happens to run the stop sign and kills the child?  It's not a nice thought.  So yes, I get a little rilled up about it, since I've seen so much.

It's annoying that people take it so lightly when it's so important.  And with today's technology, it's easy to get distracted.  Have you seen that new commercial with the girl texting while driving?  It's pretty intense.

Accept my apology for getting upset when it comes to the topic of stop sign runners.  I apologize for the response.  But I can't apologize for the way that I feel about the subject.  Hope you understand.

what an absolutely horrible scene to have to come on or work, so sorry. In my past life/job I saw some very bad stuff that never made it in to the newspapers or tv media.. I understand the feeling of not being able to get images out of your head.

IP Logged
nickel4al

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #36 - 08/28/09 at 7:45am

Well I guess the people of Bluff Park aren't doing too bad since its been 10-12 years since a person was physically hit by a car.  You would think from some of these posts that it is a daily occurrence.  

stangviperred   IP Logged
Cheneblanc
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #37 - 08/28/09 at 9:53am

Had a feeling that was the conclusion you were driving at, nickel4al. Only one person in all of 10-12 years? You must feel so vindicated...

IP Logged
JBH

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #38 - 08/28/09 at 2:57pm

Most of us respond to polls based on what we see on a regular basis.  Quite honestly, where I live here in BP, I see more mosquitoes than dangerous drivers.  I live on a near dead end road.  Would I say its worse to be bitten by a bug or hit by a car?  No contest there folks....But if its the bugs you swat at everyday, then that's how you are going to answer.

IP Logged
Abbey111

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #39 - 10/27/09 at 3:11pm

Quote from JBH on 08/28/09 at 2:57pm:
Most of us respond to polls based on what we see on a regular basis.  Quite honestly, where I live here in BP, I see more mosquitoes than dangerous drivers.  I live on a near dead end road.  Would I say its worse to be bitten by a bug or hit by a car?  No contest there folks....But if its the bugs you swat at everyday, then that's how you are going to answer.

I have to agree with JBH. I don't live near a stop sign so I don't witness it. I'm sure I'll have my radar up once my daughter is old enough to be outside walking around. I might not have said driving if I had answered poll bc I did not know it was a problem. I have seen several several policemen observing us as we drive around BP which is good. But, just because I might not have voted driving to be main issue, it does not mean I don't care.

Is there anyway that a sign with some sort of warning about kids crossing or children playing can be put up near bus stop?

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company