"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
03/28/24 at 6:57am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Poll
Question: What do you think we should worry about more in Bluff Park?

People that run stop signs
Dogs running loose that could have diseases
People who's yards are overgrown
Possibility of diseases spread from standing H2O
Dilapidated houses
Speeders
Stray Cats

« Last Modified by: on: 05/11/09 at 1:00pm »

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
What's More Important to You? (Read 23317 times)
nickel4al

I Love Bluff Park!

What's More Important to You?
05/08/09 at 10:41am

This is a pole just to see what the people of Bluff Park feel are the most pressing issues for the people of Bluff Park.  Maybe this will allow some people to voice opinions on topics they might not otherwise feel needs a whole new topic in the Forum. Cheesy

stangviperred   IP Logged
Newhouse
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: What's More Important to You?
Reply #1 - 05/09/09 at 1:09pm

I know it is hard to control cats, but can we add stray cats. I don't hate cats. I just want to keep them from using my  back yard as a bathroom.
Can someone tell me how to attempt to keep stray cats out of the yard.

IP Logged
JBH

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #2 - 05/09/09 at 7:19pm

Quote from Newhouse on 05/09/09 at 1:09pm:
I know it is hard to control cats, but can we add stray cats. I don't hate cats. I just want to keep them from using my  back yard as a bathroom.

A dog?

IP Logged
JBH

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #3 - 05/09/09 at 7:22pm

Sorry...couldn't help myself.

IP Logged
Newhouse
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #4 - 05/09/09 at 8:27pm

Good answer. Cute.
I have a dog but he is an inside dog, little one.

IP Logged
nickel4al

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #5 - 05/11/09 at 9:29am

Thanks everyone for replying to the poll...I think this is getting a good response!  Keep them coming  Smiley

Also in response to the stray cats, I read something that said if you brush a dog, and then take the hair you get and place it in random spots around your yard it will keep cats away.  It said it might take a few times, but they won't come around as often...Maybe this will work!

Newhouse
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #6 - 05/11/09 at 9:35am

thanks nickel, I will try it.
I will take any other suggestions.

IP Logged
Newhouse
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #7 - 05/11/09 at 9:41am

thanks nickel, I will try it.
I will take any other suggestions.

IP Logged
Newhouse
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #8 - 05/11/09 at 9:43am

oops, senior moment. I posted same statement twice!!!!!!

IP Logged
pekaboo

Reply #9 - 05/11/09 at 11:08am

This is to the original poster. Why not just group it as

1.) People Violating traffic laws
2.) Stray animals that could be a nuissance
3.) Houses that have bad exterior and lawns

Isn't it true that if your house does not look neat from the outside that the city will give you a hefty fine?

Where is the water that people are concerned about spread disease? Why is standing, besides the fact that is on flat ground?  

There does seem to be a lot of stray cats. in the apartment areas. Infact somebody told me that one of the cats climbed into one of the garabage crushers and passed away. However, cats seem to be more of the stray type of animal then a dog would be. This is probably more true if they were outside cats born to outside cats. It seems like stray dogs are more likely to be ones that actually have an owner but somehow got away.

IP Logged
nickel4al

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #10 - 05/11/09 at 12:59pm

The reason things are not grouped is because the items are all quite different.  A yard can be quite overgrown in front of a otherwise nice house and yet the yard on a not so nice house can be kept nice while you can see that it looks like the roof is falling in.  Also, stray animals are one way of saying things, but the fact is that most of the dogs running loose have owners that just don't care and let them run loose.  They forget there is a leash law and that animal control will take their animals if found.  A lot of people let their cats go in and out, but again there is a difference between stray cats, cats who have owners who let them run loose and feral cats.  In regards to the traffic laws, they are completely different things also.  And if we know more about what people's preferences are, maybe the proper authorities can be made aware.

kscott
YaBB Newbies

ROLL TIDE!

Reply #11 - 05/11/09 at 3:39pm

Quote from Newhouse on 05/09/09 at 1:09pm:

My disoriented grandmother loves stray cats Shocked

IP Logged
bigiron
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 05/16/09 at 6:55am

I know some of you, most of you, will not like this but, I have found that .22 caliber rat shot will also do the trick with cats and dogs

IP Logged
RockviewResident

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #13 - 05/18/09 at 9:14pm

I would also like to write in a vote for mosquito control.

War Eagle!
  IP Logged
apugh77
YaBB Newbies

A HOME WITHOUT A
GOLDEN IS JUST A
HOUSE

Reply #14 - 05/19/09 at 8:30am

I am new to the neighborhood and am impressed with the forum you have going here.  

I wanted to add a comment to this section...if it is not appropriate here, please move it to the proper location Wink

Friday afternoon around 3:15 I was driving up the hill towards Mr. P's.  A car came around me and a whole line of traffic on the left hand side and went straight through the light at the top of the hill.

It was a woman driving a gold Hyundai Tucson...I did not get her license number but wish I had for two reasons. First she had to be speeding, second she passed in a no passing zone.

So if anyone knows who this was, tell her she was lucky and if I see her again, I will get the tag number and turn her in.  No one needs to be in that big of a hurry...especially in our neighborhoods! Angry

IP Logged
nickel4al

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #15 - 05/22/09 at 5:36pm

Well it looks like Dilapidated Houses is ahead in the pole, but I feel like all of these have their place.  Maybe its possible we could get a community meeting together at the Bluff Park Community Center or something where everyone could come, voice concerns, and maybe we could start a call to Action for certain things in the community.  Maybe organize some neighborhood groups for different concerns people have. Who knows...just kinda thinking out loud.

pekaboo

Reply #16 - 05/23/09 at 12:24am

about controlling mosquitoes. Is there not a truck that comes around once in awhile to spray for mosquitoes? I bet if there was not so much standing water in certain areas there would not be as many.

IP Logged
friendofbp

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #17 - 05/24/09 at 1:35am

These are great questions   .......BUT...... you left out the ONE  
I think is MOST important.... drum roll please.. SPEEDERS.....
 A while back my friend (adult wearing a bike helmet, doing  
everything legal and safe, was hit here in BP. and thrown from
her bike, went to hospital, stitches etc. Who did it? SPEEDERS.

That was a few yrs. ago and mind you BP has grown quite a bit
in those few yrs. and so I must say base on the busy street I
live on, and in fact the street over is Park Ave, need I say more
...yes I'd say S P E E D E R S.........!

IP Logged
RockviewResident

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #18 - 08/21/09 at 10:10am

Quote from pekaboo on 05/23/09 at 12:24am:
about controlling mosquitoes. Is there not a truck that comes around once in awhile to spray for mosquitoes? I bet if there was not so much standing water in certain areas there would not be as many.

I've never seen one.  I just wish I was able to sit out on my deck in the summer without getting eaten alive by mosquitoes.

War Eagle!
  IP Logged
JBH

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #19 - 08/21/09 at 9:34pm

Quote from RockviewResident on 08/21/09 at 10:10am:
Quote from pekaboo on 05/23/09 at 12:24am:

I've never seen one.  I just wish I was able to sit out on my deck in the summer without getting eaten alive by mosquitoes.

It can be a pain in the #$@% depending on where the nearest outlet is, but having a fan blowing really helps keep the skeeters away.

IP Logged
bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #20 - 08/24/09 at 7:35am

This survey has been up for over 90 days and has received a healthy amount of responses.  The results are interesting.

Of the seven categories, two are traffic violations (speeding, running stop signs) that require that a fine be paid if found guilty.  These two can also injure or kill a person, as well as cause property damage.  Combined, these two have a total of 27.7% "worry factor".

Next, we have two animal issues (dogs running loose that could have diseases, stray cats).  These are non-criminal violations usually handled by animal control.  In the last 14 years there have been no news items regarding incidents where a diseased dog injured a person and one article about stray cats.  The stray cat article dealt with the number of stray cats going down, which caused an increase in the squirrel population, which did damage to some houses.  Combined, the animal issues had a 18.9% "worry factor".

People who's yards are overgrown yards and dilapidated houses, both which would come under the building inspector's jurisdiction, have a combined total of 49.3% "worry factor".  The city has addressed these issues recently, passing ordinances that take care of the overgorwn yards and have them cut by the city at the property owner's expense.

Standing water didn't seem to worry too many people, coming in at dead last with 3.7%.

The survey seems to agree with the driving patterns of the residents of Bluff Park.  Frankly, you all aren't too good at obeying stop signs and following the speed limit, therefore it really doesn't bother 72% of you.  You're more worried about how someone else's house looks than how you could kill or maim a child on the street.  Sad.

This morning I watched a corner where children were waiting on a school bus.  In a ten minute period of time, four cars went by, with two simply running through the stop signs that were posted, and two going much faster than the posted speed limit.  What was interesting to see was how the children reacted.  They seemed truly afraid of the cars as they rounded the corners (as well they should be).  As one car rounded the corner where they were standing, ignoring the stop sign altogether, the children actually had to jump onto the curb to avoid being hit.

I think the survey was good.  The answers reflect what is important to us.  When it comes to making out homes look good, we're in good shape.  When it comes to stray animals, we don't seem to care too much.  And we've learned to ignore the standing water.

However, when it comes to proper driving, it appears we have some work to do.  Don't act surprised when you get pulled over for speeding or running a stop sign.  Don't start making accusations that the Hoover PD is just trying to raise money by having quotas when you're the one having to pay that $156 fine.  Just remember...you broke the law.

IP Logged
harvardmba

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #21 - 08/24/09 at 8:42pm

Mr. President, I have complained to HPD and I have complained on this board countless times. I am afraid to say, it seems that the appropriate entities are not concerned about what we see as problems. I have actually given up on seeing any real change by HPD in how they address taxpayer issues regarding traffic violators. Here we are in one of the largest neighborhoods in Hoover, Alabama, a place that I really love and care about but city hall does not share our concerns.

Email   IP Logged
RockviewResident

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #22 - 08/25/09 at 3:12pm

Quote from bpresident on 08/24/09 at 7:35am:

The survey seems to agree with the driving patterns of the residents of Bluff Park.  Frankly, you all aren't too good at obeying stop signs and following the speed limit, therefore it really doesn't bother 72% of you.  You're more worried about how someone else's house looks than how you could kill or maim a child on the street.  Sad.

That's quite a broad generalization there.  Out of the thousands of residents of BP this topic only received 85 votes.  I think that responses will also vary on the certain stage the residents are in their life.  Younger residents, such as myself and those without children, would probably tend not to agree that traffic violations are the biggest issue in BP.  Older residents, and those with children, are more than likely to feel the same way about traffic.  Of course this is all my opinion, I could be way off base.

War Eagle!
  IP Logged
sweethome2
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 08/25/09 at 6:14pm

This morning I watched a corner where children were waiting on a school bus.  In a ten minute period of time, four cars went by, with two simply running through the stop signs that were posted, and two going much faster than the posted speed limit.  What was interesting to see was how the children reacted.  They seemed truly afraid of the cars as they rounded the corners (as well they should be).  As one car rounded the corner where they were standing, ignoring the stop sign altogether, the children actually had to jump onto the curb to avoid being hit.

I guess I am sad because I do care about people keeping their homes up and their yards cut.  I believe that property values are affected when you live next to a home that has been let go.  I don't want to live next to one and I would not expect you to have to live next to one.

Where were the parents of the children that were so scared?  That is sad!  If these children had to jump back to avoid being hit I might suggest their parents stand with them and tell the children to wait in the yard and not on the street.    

IP Logged
nickel4al

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #24 - 08/26/09 at 9:01am

I have to agree with Sweethome...the children should not be on the street waiting for a bus, they should be on the curb or in a yard.  Since when is it ok to stand in the street and not think you might get hit by a car?  

Also, I agree that its probably the stage of life that your in the determines what your values.  That being said, anyone living in Bluff Park that owns or rents a house that has a yard, which is pretty much all of them, has a responsibility as a home owner to take care of their house which includes their yard.  If you cannot take care of it, or do not have time or don't care, maybe you should get an apt or a condo because a house isn't for you...

bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #25 - 08/26/09 at 9:35am

Quote from sweethome2 on 08/25/09 at 6:14pm:

I guess I am sad because I do care about people keeping their homes up and their yards cut.  I believe that property values are affected when you live next to a home that has been let go.  I don't want to live next to one and I would not expect you to have to live next to one.

Where were the parents of the children that were so scared?  That is sad!  If these children had to jump back to avoid being hit I might suggest their parents stand with them and tell the children to wait in the yard and not on the street.    

Answer:  I (parent of one of the children) was watching them from my yard.  The age is middle school.  You have a child that age also.  How would the child feel if you stood next to them at the bus stop.

As you may or may not realize, there are no sidewalks except on Park Avenue.  A child walking to the bus stop is forced to walk on the street in order to get there.  Since some people have no courtesy about picking up dog crap when they walk their dogs, walking in the yard can be hazardous.

It's really not rocket science, people.  It's a stop sign.  Stop at it.  It won't kill you to do so.  Argue all you want with me about it.  It doesn't change the fact that you're breaking the law.  You just haven't been caught yet.

As far as your neighbor's house brining down your property value, it doesn't.  Ask any realtor and home appraiser.  It doesn't.  It just makes you mad that they don't care about their house as much as you care about yours.  It's OK.  When it comes time for them to sell their house, they won't get what you will get for yours.  You should feel good about that.

I am worried about the kids, which are not replaceable like a house is.  The house is a material posession.  The child isn't.  What's more important?

IP Logged
sweethome2
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 08/26/09 at 9:52am

Quote from bpresident on 08/26/09 at 9:35am:

Answer:  I (parent of one of the children) was watching them from my yard.  The age is middle school.  You have a child that age also.  How would the child feel if you stood next to them at the bus stop.

As you may or may not realize, there are no sidewalks except on Park Avenue.  A child walking to the bus stop is forced to walk on the street in order to get there.  Since some people have no courtesy about picking up dog crap when they walk their dogs, walking in the yard can be hazardous.

It's really not rocket science, people.  It's a stop sign.  Stop at it.  It won't kill you to do so.  Argue all you want with me about it.  It doesn't change the fact that you're breaking the law.  You just haven't been caught yet.

As far as your neighbor's house brining down your property value, it doesn't.  Ask any realtor and home appraiser.  It doesn't.  It just makes you mad that they don't care about their house as much as you care about yours.  It's OK.  When it comes time for them to sell their house, they won't get what you will get for yours.  You should feel good about that.

I am worried about the kids, which are not replaceable like a house is.  The house is a material posession.  The child isn't.  What's more important?

No, I do not have a child that age and if I did I would hope they had been taught to not stand in the street.

If it is that dangerous, too bad, they will have to get over it

A little poop on the shoe won't kill you and just watch where you walk.

I respectfully disagree.

I am sorry I posted my opinion.  You have a real big issue with the stop sign by your house and I am sorry it upsets you so much.  Have a nice day.  

IP Logged
bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #27 - 08/26/09 at 10:07am

Quote from sweethome2 on 08/26/09 at 9:52am:
Quote from bpresident on 08/26/09 at 9:35am:

No, I do not have a child that age and if I did I would hope they had been taught to not stand in the street.

If it is that dangerous, too bad, they will have to get over it

A little poop on the shoe won't kill you and just watch where you walk.

I respectfully disagree.

I am sorry I posted my opinion.  You have a real big issue with the stop sign by your house and I am sorry it upsets you so much.  Have a nice day.  

It's not just by my house.  It's everywhere in Bluff Park.  And you're right.  A little dog poop won't kill you.  But a 2,000 lb. automobile will.

IP Logged
sweethome2
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 08/26/09 at 4:25pm

Had you been upfront about one of the children being yours, I can assure you that I would not have commented.  You painted a picture of terrified children and that bothered me.  Apparently it bothered nick4al too as they agreed with me that the road is not the place to stand.  I can only guess why you did not respond to nickl4al and picked me.    

One thing I would like to say is that there are some very informed people on this forum and I appreciate the information that they share.  I will go back to read only and keep my comments to myself.  

IP Logged
teatucker

Welsh with no tail

Reply #29 - 08/26/09 at 7:24pm

I was under the impression from reading the post the first time that one of the kids was bpresident, that was why he/she was watching...... that was just my thought but I can see where it could have been taken as not.. it was just a statement.. nothing to have to be "upfront" about.... just my opinion

On a side note There is a car/driver that blows up and down the Cambo area and runs around cars and yells at them, I have turned him in to Officer Foreman several times and it turned out that I was not the only one that was reporting this guy I found out later.  As of late I have not seen the car doing this.. but it has been hit or miss. So maybe some things are getting done but it would be nice if they would communicate more when they issue a warning or advise a bad driver after a report has been made.. it would just be nice to have a follow up from the police say like if I were called back and told that the driver was issued a warning or "someone else has reported the same person" some thing like that so we know our email/phone calls are being used to help.

IP Logged
sweethome2
Ex Member

Reply #30 - 08/26/09 at 8:16pm

Quote from teatucker on 08/26/09 at 7:24pm:
I was under the impression from reading the post the first time that one of the kids was bpresident, that was why he/she was watching...... that was just my thought but I can see where it could have been taken as not.. it was just a statement.. nothing to have to be "upfront" about.... just my opinion

On a side note There is a car/driver that blows up and down the Cambo area and runs around cars and yells at them, I have turned him in to Officer Foreman several times and it turned out that I was not the only one that was reporting this guy I found out later.  As of late I have not seen the car doing this.. but it has been hit or miss. So maybe some things are getting done but it would be nice if they would communicate more when they issue a warning or advise a bad driver after a report has been made.. it would just be nice to have a follow up from the police say like if I were called back and told that the driver was issued a warning or "someone else has reported the same person" some thing like that so we know our email/phone calls are being used to help.

Maybe I should explain to help you understand my thoughts.  The very first post I ever made here was picked apart because I did not disclose enough information, according to one of the mods.  I honestly did not think he was watching his own child.  Why not say my child instead of painting a picture of unknown children.  He said..." This morning I watched a corner where children were waiting on a school bus".  I don't see where anyone would believe this was about his child.  Maybe he was watching for people running a stop sign or speeding.  I understand your opinion, but after being raked over the coals, I learned you should be very detailed on this forum.  That is where the upfront comment came from.  I hope that you understand my thoughts on this.

IP Logged
bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #31 - 08/26/09 at 9:56pm

Quote from sweethome2 on 08/26/09 at 8:16pm:

Maybe I should explain to help you understand my thoughts.  The very first post I ever made here was picked apart because I did not disclose enough information, according to one of the mods.  I honestly did not think he was watching his own child.  Why not say my child instead of painting a picture of unknown children.  He said..." This morning I watched a corner where children were waiting on a school bus".  I don't see where anyone would believe this was about his child.  Maybe he was watching for people running a stop sign or speeding.  I understand your opinion, but after being raked over the coals, I learned you should be very detailed on this forum.  That is where the upfront comment came from.  I hope that you understand my thoughts on this.

Sorry you felt "raked over the coals", SH.  Not my intention, believe me.  I do get rather upset at the way people drive here in Bluff Park.  I spent several years as a police officer and fireman.  In those years I saw things most people really don't need to see.  To this day I still can't get the image of coming up on an accident and seeing a Mustang laying on its side with a pair of legs sticking out from under it.  The legs belonged to a 15 year old girl.  Her name was Terry.  That was almost 30 years ago, but it seems like yesterday.

Nothing is more horrific than seeing a child injured by a careless driver, except one.  Seeing a child killed by a careless driver.  And having to tell his or her parents that their child will never come home again is also not a pleasant experience.

The house across the street from me has three little boys, all 8 and under.  The other house across the street has a little boy who's just learning to walk.  Next door are two toddlers.  My grandson is going to learn to walk soon.  We all know how little kids can be, and no matter how much you sometimes watch them, they sometimes can get away from you.  You know you've seen a young child running playfully away from his parents, arms up, laughing, running towards the road.  Can you imagine if someone just happens to run the stop sign and kills the child?  It's not a nice thought.  So yes, I get a little rilled up about it, since I've seen so much.

It's annoying that people take it so lightly when it's so important.  And with today's technology, it's easy to get distracted.  Have you seen that new commercial with the girl texting while driving?  It's pretty intense.

Accept my apology for getting upset when it comes to the topic of stop sign runners.  I apologize for the response.  But I can't apologize for the way that I feel about the subject.  Hope you understand.

IP Logged
nickel4al

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #32 - 08/27/09 at 9:30am

Just curious, but when was the last time someone got hit by a car in Bluff Park?

sweethome2
Ex Member

Reply #33 - 08/27/09 at 3:38pm

Nickel4al, I know of only one person hit by a car.  It was on Park Avenue about 10-12 years ago and I am guessing on the time frame.  It was a man riding a bike down Park and a car hit him.

IP Logged
teatucker

Welsh with no tail

Reply #34 - 08/27/09 at 6:12pm

10-4 on that, I see where you or anyone else read it that way.. no biggie Smiley

IP Logged
teatucker

Welsh with no tail

Reply #35 - 08/27/09 at 6:17pm

Quote from bpresident on 08/26/09 at 9:56pm:

Sorry you felt "raked over the coals", SH.  Not my intention, believe me.  I do get rather upset at the way people drive here in Bluff Park.  I spent several years as a police officer and fireman.  In those years I saw things most people really don't need to see.  To this day I still can't get the image of coming up on an accident and seeing a Mustang laying on its side with a pair of legs sticking out from under it.  The legs belonged to a 15 year old girl.  Her name was Terry.  That was almost 30 years ago, but it seems like yesterday.

Nothing is more horrific than seeing a child injured by a careless driver, except one.  Seeing a child killed by a careless driver.  And having to tell his or her parents that their child will never come home again is also not a pleasant experience.

The house across the street from me has three little boys, all 8 and under.  The other house across the street has a little boy who's just learning to walk.  Next door are two toddlers.  My grandson is going to learn to walk soon.  We all know how little kids can be, and no matter how much you sometimes watch them, they sometimes can get away from you.  You know you've seen a young child running playfully away from his parents, arms up, laughing, running towards the road.  Can you imagine if someone just happens to run the stop sign and kills the child?  It's not a nice thought.  So yes, I get a little rilled up about it, since I've seen so much.

It's annoying that people take it so lightly when it's so important.  And with today's technology, it's easy to get distracted.  Have you seen that new commercial with the girl texting while driving?  It's pretty intense.

Accept my apology for getting upset when it comes to the topic of stop sign runners.  I apologize for the response.  But I can't apologize for the way that I feel about the subject.  Hope you understand.

what an absolutely horrible scene to have to come on or work, so sorry. In my past life/job I saw some very bad stuff that never made it in to the newspapers or tv media.. I understand the feeling of not being able to get images out of your head.

IP Logged
nickel4al

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #36 - 08/28/09 at 7:45am

Well I guess the people of Bluff Park aren't doing too bad since its been 10-12 years since a person was physically hit by a car.  You would think from some of these posts that it is a daily occurrence.  

Cheneblanc
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #37 - 08/28/09 at 9:53am

Had a feeling that was the conclusion you were driving at, nickel4al. Only one person in all of 10-12 years? You must feel so vindicated...

IP Logged
JBH

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #38 - 08/28/09 at 2:57pm

Most of us respond to polls based on what we see on a regular basis.  Quite honestly, where I live here in BP, I see more mosquitoes than dangerous drivers.  I live on a near dead end road.  Would I say its worse to be bitten by a bug or hit by a car?  No contest there folks....But if its the bugs you swat at everyday, then that's how you are going to answer.

IP Logged
Abbey111

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #39 - 10/27/09 at 3:11pm

Quote from JBH on 08/28/09 at 2:57pm:
Most of us respond to polls based on what we see on a regular basis.  Quite honestly, where I live here in BP, I see more mosquitoes than dangerous drivers.  I live on a near dead end road.  Would I say its worse to be bitten by a bug or hit by a car?  No contest there folks....But if its the bugs you swat at everyday, then that's how you are going to answer.

I have to agree with JBH. I don't live near a stop sign so I don't witness it. I'm sure I'll have my radar up once my daughter is old enough to be outside walking around. I might not have said driving if I had answered poll bc I did not know it was a problem. I have seen several several policemen observing us as we drive around BP which is good. But, just because I might not have voted driving to be main issue, it does not mean I don't care.

Is there anyway that a sign with some sort of warning about kids crossing or children playing can be put up near bus stop?

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company