"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
04/19/24 at 12:58am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Planning and Zoning Committee Meeting (Read 8133 times)
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Planning and Zoning Committee Meeting
12/11/09 at 10:25am

On Monday, December 14, 2009 there will be a meeting of the Hoover Planning and Zoning Committee.  On the agenda will be the application of the Moonlight on the Mountain business.  This business has been discussed on the Bluff Park Forum in this post.

We encourage residents who support the business, as well as those who might object, to attend this meeting.  Community opinion is very important to those who are on the Board  

The owner of the business is Keith Harrelson, and he took the time to write a letter to those who live in the proximity of the business, as well as those who attended the Small Stages concert on November 15th.  Here is a copy of the letter, which he sent to us and is allowing us to post:

Neighbors--

I am Keith Harrelson, the applicant--- and I want to make sure you have a clear understanding of my intentions in creating a business called Moonlight on the Mountain. I plan to operate a photo/video studio at that location during regular daytime hours, and to present family-friendly folk music concerts on selected evenings between 7 and 10:30pm, when the adjoining businesses are closed. The performers I'll feature are solo, duo, or trio musicians, typically playing unamplified acoustic instruments for small audiences who come to sit and listen quietly, as they would in a theater or larger concert hall.

I do not intend to sell or serve alcohol, beverages, or food of any kind--- I only wish to present local and traveling artists in a comfortable, intimate environment for those who appreciate this kind of music. The performers are actually my clients--- under these controlled studio conditions, we will be able to film them at their best, playing to a live audience, and create promotional materials they can use to secure bookings at other venues. At the same time, we can provide a valuable cultural experience to nearby residents of all ages, many of whom have already expressed enthusiastic support for our arrival.

I have crafted my business approach to fit neatly into the hilltop community here, on this special crest of the mountain. I can guarantee you that these activities will not create noise, congestion, or any undue disturbance of the lifestyle you have enjoyed in this charming neighborhood for so many years. I am confident that once you become familiar with what The Moonlight's music series offers, you'll be proud to have it located in the same area as your own home or business.

I invite you to call me, and to come have a look at the premises, so I can introduce myself to you and answer any further questions or concerns you might have. You may contact me via e-mail at kharrelson505 at charter.net, or drop by the storefront to see if we are there working on the improvements. I look forward to being your new neighbor!

If you have the ability to attend the meeting, please do so.

BluffParkAl.org Admin

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
JBH
YaBB Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Planning and Zoning Committee Meeting
Reply #1 - 12/11/09 at 9:47pm

Sounds like a nice addition to the neighborhood.  I wish they were serving wine and light snack food, but Oh well...

For those of us not familiar with zoning meetings, when and where do they take place?

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Planning and Zoning Committee Meeting
Reply #2 - 12/12/09 at 8:30am

Quote from JBH on 12/11/09 at 9:47pm:
Sounds like a nice addition to the neighborhood.  I wish they were serving wine and light snack food, but Oh well...

For those of us not familiar with zoning meetings, when and where do they take place?

Good question.  The Planning & Zoning Commission meets the second Monday of each month at 5:30 P.M. in the City Council Chambers on the third floor of the Hoover Municipal Building at 100 Municipal Drive.

Here's their web page, which includes access to their agendas and minutes.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company