"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
03/28/24 at 4:25pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Road Closure - Valley Street (Read 63162 times)
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Road Closure - Valley Street
01/12/10 at 1:59pm

We are awaiting word from the city engineer on the closure to thru traffic on Valley Street as they begin the next phase at Fancher and Tyler Road.  The Detour Signs have already been placed at the location, but have not gone up yet.  As soon as we hear from them, we'll post an update.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
ldauro
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Road Closure - Valley Street
Reply #1 - 01/13/10 at 8:44am

This morning Mountain drive was blocked at the Clearview rd intersection - does this have to do with the construction?   Any advice for getting around back to Alford?

I <3 Bluff Park!
  IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - 01/13/10 at 11:07am

We spoke to the engineering department of the city this morning and here's what they said:

Valley Street will be closed off today to THROUGH TRAFFIC for next next 3-4 months.  Residents who live on Valley will be able to get to their homes.

The entire project of joining Alford/Fancher to Valley will be complete in 12-18 months.

Remember that these are estimates that rely on many factors, including weather.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 01/14/10 at 9:38am

UPDATE FROM HOOVER PUBLIC WORKS DEPT.  9:00 AM 1/14/10

Hoover Public Works received a call from Advanced Disposal advising they were having difficulty getting to the residences on Valley Street due to the closure.

Hoover Public Works is working with the Engineering Department, the contractor on site, and Advanced Disposal to get this resolved as soon as possible.

They will send us updates and we'll post them when we receive them.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #4 - 01/14/10 at 1:17pm

UPDATE FROM HOOVER PUBLIC WORKS DEPT.  1:00 PM 1/14/10  

Advanced Disposal was able to collect garbage from the home inside the barricades.  They will continue to go around them with the big truck or a smaller one unless told differently by the project inspector

If anyone does have a garbage/trash collection problem within the construction site, please call Public Works at 444-7543.  

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #5 - 01/15/10 at 12:10pm

The Engineering Department has sent us a map of the detour area:

http://bluffparkal.org/Docs/Phase2DetourPlan.pdf

It is in PDF format

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Steve - LeAnne
YaBB Newbies

Bluff Park - A Great
Place to Live

Reply #6 - 01/15/10 at 3:44pm

Would it be possible to get a map, like the one posted of the detours, for the way the final intersection(s) will be laid out?  I do not suppose it really matters, but I'm curious.

Steve - LeAnne Steve - LeAnne   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #7 - 01/15/10 at 4:05pm

Quote from Steve - LeAnne on 01/15/10 at 3:44pm:
Would it be possible to get a map, like the one posted of the detours, for the way the final intersection(s) will be laid out?  I do not suppose it really matters, but I'm curious.

We're going to see if this is available from the Engineering Dept. and will post it if they send it to us.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bryan2245
YaBB Newbies

Reply #8 - 01/16/10 at 11:52am

I live inside the construction area and was given a map about two years ago when we were contacted about the city buying some of our land. I will scan the map monday when I get to work

IP Logged
fl350
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #9 - 01/24/10 at 8:18pm

Here is a link to a map of the construction.

http://blog.al.com/hoover/2009/05/bluffpark.jpeg

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #10 - 01/24/10 at 8:51pm

Thanks for the link, fl350.  Bryan3345 did send us a scanned copy of the construction map (thanks Bryan3345!) and we were attempting to get it posted on the site at a good size, but were having a problem reducing the file size.

This link is very good, though, thanks!

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
JBH
YaBB Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #11 - 01/24/10 at 9:12pm

That looks good, but I wish they would have figured out how to open the one part before closing the other.  Oh well, as long as I remember....

IP Logged
Matt and Amanda
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #12 - 02/03/10 at 7:50am

http://blog.al.com/birmingham-news-stories/2010/02/intersection_changes_are_topi c.html

Hoover city officials will hold a public forum Sun­day morning at Bluff Park United Methodist Church to describe construction underway at the Tyler Road intersection with Valley Street and Fancher Drive.

Some people are con­fused by the detour plan after the closure of Valley Street two weeks ago, said city assistant executive di­rector Tim Westhoven.

He and city engineer Rodney Long will describe the intersection changes and future closures of Tyler and Fancher roads. The presentation begins at 9:45 a.m. in the church's chapel at 733 Valley St.

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #13 - 02/03/10 at 8:21am

Quote from Matt and Amanda on 02/03/10 at 7:50am:

http://blog.al.com/birmingham-news-stories/2010/02/intersection_changes_are_topi c.html

Hoover city officials will hold a public forum Sun­day morning at Bluff Park United Methodist Church to describe construction underway at the Tyler Road intersection with Valley Street and Fancher Drive.

Some people are con­fused by the detour plan after the closure of Valley Street two weeks ago, said city assistant executive di­rector Tim Westhoven.

He and city engineer Rodney Long will describe the intersection changes and future closures of Tyler and Fancher roads. The presentation begins at 9:45 a.m. in the church's chapel at 733 Valley St.

This morning's paper implies that the meeting has already taken place (last Sunday), according to the article by Liz Ellaby. The first paragraph in the article reads as follows:  "Drivers confused by detours around a long planned intersection realignment in Bluff Park had a chance to hear more details Sunday as Hoover enginners aswered questions at Bluff Park United Methodist Church."

I have e-mailed the city, along with the engineers mentioned, to find out more details, although the article in the paper is extremely thorough.

I will post their response when I receive it.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #14 - 02/03/10 at 2:26pm

****UPDATE****

OK, seems there was some confusion about this meeting regarding the construction.

I just got off the phone with the mayor's office and here are the details:

There was a meeting at UMBP last Sunday (Jan. 31).  This meeting was requested by one of the Sunday schools at the church.  Mr. Westhoven and Mr. Long did attend and answered questions regarding the construction.

There was a notice in Friday's paper about the meeting, but it was not posted online.

The story in this morning's paper, Hoover section is correct.  The blog entry posted earlier authored by Liz Elleby was not correct and has since been taken down (if you click on it, it will display Page Not Found)(it is still listed on the Community page index, but when you click on Full Story it goes to Page Not Found.  There is no meeting this Sunday at UMBP.  It was referencing last Sunday's meeting.

The city is willing to have another meeting at our choosing to discuss the construction.  I have told them that I will get a feel for how many people would like to attend and get back to them to arrange a date and time.  We can have the meeting at the Bluff Park Community School lunch room, but I will need to give them plenty of notice.

In order to find out if this is worthwhile, we've posted a poll.  Please take a minute to respond to it:
http://bluffparkal.org/bpforum/YaBB.pl?num=1265228724/0#0

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company