"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
04/19/24 at 4:53pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Road Closure - Valley Street (Read 63212 times)
bparkian
YaBB Newbies

Re: Road Closure - Valley Street
Reply #15 - 03/09/10 at 6:36pm

WHY exactly are they doing all of this???   Huh

IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Re: why
Reply #16 - 03/31/10 at 12:14pm

Here is an article from May of last year that covers it.

Its in another thread that is kind of old now so I just moved it up here.

http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/hoover.ssf?/base/community/124220253574130 .xml&coll=2

Plans call for smoothing out a curve on Tyler Road and relocating its intersection with Fancher Drive. Fancher also would be rerouted and turn lanes added to it, as well as to Tyler Road and Valley Street.

Long said two new traffic signals will be added at the intersection of Fancher Drive and Valley Street, and Fancher Drive and Tyler Road. New sidewalks will be placed along Valley Street and Tyler Road and a portion of Fancher Drive, according to Long.

Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #17 - 06/21/10 at 10:12am

Signs indicate that Tyler Road to Fancher Road and Fancher Road will be closed on Tuesday, June 22.  We have received some e-mails asking how long the closing will be and what the detour will be.

We have left a message with the City Engineer asking those questions and will post the answers once we receive them.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #18 - 06/21/10 at 12:37pm

Here's the latest from the City of Hoover Engineering Department:

Tyler Road to Fancher Rd.. and Fancher Rd. to Shadybrook Ln. will be closed beginning on Tuesday, June 22, 2010.  The estimate is that the roads will be closed for about six months.

Valley Street is now open from Park Ave. to Tyler Road.

The detour from Alford Ave. will be to Shadybrook Lane, then Shadybrook Lane to Valley Street.  Valley Street to Mountain Drive.  Mountain Drive to Clearbrook Rd.

We will try to get a map posted by Tuesday.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
ht2

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #19 - 06/21/10 at 2:31pm

Quote from Bluff Park Forum Admin on 06/21/10 at 12:37pm:
Here's the latest from the City of Hoover Engineering Department:

Tyler Road to Fancher Rd.. and Fancher Rd. to Shadybrook Ln. will be closed beginning on Tuesday, June 22, 2010.  The estimate is that the roads will be closed for about six months.

Valley Street is now open from Park Ave. to Tyler Road.

The detour from Alford Ave. will be to Shadybrook Lane, then Shadybrook Lane to Valley Street.  Valley Street to Mountain Drive.  Mountain Drive to Clearbrook Rd.

We will try to get a map posted by Tuesday.

It is mind-boggling to me that this is going to take 6 months.  Seems like they would shoot to get this competed before school starts, but seeing how long it took to do the Valley portion, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

IP Logged
JBH
YaBB Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #20 - 06/21/10 at 4:25pm

Please do get a map if you can...a picture is worth a thousand words.

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #21 - 06/21/10 at 9:19pm

Quote from JBH on 06/21/10 at 4:25pm:
Please do get a map if you can...a picture is worth a thousand words.

http://www.bluffparkal.org/Docs/Phase_3_Detour.pdf

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
BPLifer 2

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #22 - 06/22/10 at 11:52am

I cannot believe it is going to be closed that long.  Man I use that road three or four times a days.  Major bummer!

WWW   IP Logged
BPLifer 2

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #23 - 06/22/10 at 8:40pm

That's not surprising at all.  Although when I drove by there on Valley Street I looked down and there were a lot trucks and machines parked in the road so whoever ignored the signs likely had to turn back around.  I'm not sure there was a way to get through.

WWW   IP Logged
bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #24 - 06/22/10 at 10:11pm

Quote from BPLifer 2 on 06/22/10 at 8:40pm:
That's not surprising at all.  Although when I drove by there on Valley Street I looked down and there were a lot trucks and machines parked in the road so whoever ignored the signs likely had to turn back around.  I'm not sure there was a way to get through.

I drove past there shortly after noon and the intersection of Fancher and Tyler didn't seem like a car could drive on it anymore.

It was also my first time on the re-done Valley Street and it looked good.

IP Logged
Leo
YaBB Newbies

Reply #25 - 06/23/10 at 10:56pm

Cool They need to put up stop signs on Alford where the construction starts so that it is a legal 4 way stop. There are already stop signs on both sides of shadybrook lane I think. People are zooming around baracades today and not looking to the left where the detour from tyler comes in. I could of been hit today if I did not slam on brakes. Especially if it is going to last 6 months because alford has always been a cut thru for many people in a hurry

IP Logged
ht2

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #26 - 06/24/10 at 7:36am

They have wisely blocked off the back entrance of Mr. P's, which has helped a lot.  If you go through the barricade on Fancher toward Tyler, you will have to turn around.  Wish they'd done that when Valley was being worked on.

IP Logged
bluffparkresident
YaBB Newbies

Reply #27 - 06/29/10 at 4:45pm

I'm trying to envision what the finished intersection will look like.  Has anyone seen a drawing?

IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Reply #28 - 06/29/10 at 5:41pm

I have a call in to see if I can get a scan of the plan

Email WWW   IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Reply #29 - 06/29/10 at 5:47pm

Here are a few photos of the work, I will update as I get new photos. click on banner for a slideshow

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company