"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
04/24/24 at 11:58pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Adopt-a-Soldier (Read 38088 times)
rbburgess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Adopt-a-Soldier
Reply #15 - 09/08/10 at 5:43pm

How long will you be doing this project?  I'd like to get my church involved.

Thanks!

In God We Trust
  IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #16 - 09/08/10 at 7:27pm

Quote from rbburgess on 09/08/10 at 5:43pm:
How long will you be doing this project?  I'd like to get my church involved.

Thanks!

At this time we do not have an end time, nor do we plan on having one.  If the response continues to be positive, we will continue it until the last hero comes home.

After the news story ran, we've received a ton of e-mails.  We'll be posting additional details for drop-off locations tomorrow, plus additional information regarding the project.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #17 - 09/09/10 at 3:03pm

Here's the link to the Fox 6 News story:

http://www.myfoxal.com/global/category.asp?c=151146&clipId=5098129

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
_anonymous_
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #18 - 09/10/10 at 10:17am

that is a very good list.  

I have an APO address if anyone wants to send items to forward deployed combat troops in Afghanistan.  Just let me know and I'll post it.

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #19 - 09/10/10 at 10:30am

Here is the latest update.

After the story ran on Wednesday, I was contacted by Councilman Gene Smith.  Mr. Smith asked if we would like to expand the program outside of Bluff Park.  I said sure and he put me in touch with Hoover Fire Department Chief Wingate's office, with whom I spoke on Thursday.

On Saturday we will be delivering drop-off boxes to every Hoover fire station.  They will join our our current drop-off partners, Robert's Discount Pharmacy, Hoover Fitness and Moonlight on the Mountain.  Look for this sign at the drop-off locations:

Thanks to all of you who have dropped off things for the soldiers.

We'll have additional exciting news soon, so stay tuned.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #20 - 09/20/10 at 1:37pm

The Adopt-a-Soldier program now has its own page on BluffParkAL.org:  

http://www.bluffparkal.org/adopt.htm

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #21 - 09/21/10 at 7:30am

We've added a photo of Epp, one of the recipients, on the Adopt-a-Soldier page:
http://www.bluffparkal.org/adopt.htm

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #22 - 09/23/10 at 10:25pm

We will be in studio on Fox 6 News at noon on Friday, September 24 to promote the Adopt-a-Soldier project.  

Be sure to tune in!

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #23 - 09/30/10 at 11:13am

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
bgray
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #24 - 10/04/10 at 2:25am

hey im brooks gray robin's son. i just want to say thank everyone for sending the boxes.. they really do mean alot to all of us. i will be home in about 2 weeks for my r&r time finally i can relax a little bit... once again thank everyone so much for the boxes they really do mean alot to the guys.

« Last Edit: 10/04/10 at 5:45am by Bluff Park Forum Admin »  
Email   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #25 - 10/08/10 at 8:51pm

Did you make a donation to the Adopt-a-Soldier program?  Check out our update page with photos of the latest shipments, and stats on all the shipments:

http://www.bluffparkal.org/adopt2.htm

Look in Wednesday's Birmingham News Hoover section for a story on the project.

Keep making those donations.  We've gone from 1 to 3 soldiers who are now receiving things from Bluff Park.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #26 - 10/14/10 at 4:09pm

The Birmingham News has done a story on the Adopt-a-Soldier project:

http://blog.al.com/birmingham-news-stories/2010/10/bluff_park_man_starts_project .html

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #27 - 11/03/10 at 7:28pm

Some new updates are coming on the project.  Meanwhile, click on the Adopt-a-Soldier page and scroll down to the Facebook link on the right and select "Like".

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #28 - 11/05/10 at 9:12pm

We would like to share a letter we received today from Col. Malcolm Frost, Commander, 25th Infantry Division, Iraq:

DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY
HEADQUARTERS, 2ND ADVISE AND ASSIST BRIGADE
25TH INFANTRY DIVISION
FOB WARHORSE
APO AE 09336

October 19, 2010

Commander 2-25 Advise and Assist Brigade

Dear Mr. Schultz

I would like to extend my thanks and appreciation to you and all the contributing residents of Bluff
Park and the entire Hoover community for their outstanding support of our Warrior Brigade Soldiers and
especially 114th Infantry Battalion. We were excited to see your “Adopt a Soldier” efforts were
recognized by The Birmingham News. Your gifts, whether the little necessities of everyday life for
Soldiers or the other items like toys that Soldiers can share with Iraqi children, are greatly appreciated.
This is such a moving demonstration of American good will and support for its men and women in
uniform.

Your support plays a tremendous role in our mission by contributing to the resiliency of our Soldiers. I
cannot tell you enough how proud we are to have your son, Brooks in our ranks. Brooks is doing his part
at this critical time in history as we conclude our military operations in Iraq. As you may know, the 1-14
Infantry Battalion “Golden Dragons” has been organized under the 1st Brigade, 1st Armor Division, a
sister advise and assist brigade operating in Kirkuk. Being separated from our Brigade makes the
support from your organization all the more special.

As Soldiers, many of whom have deployed multiple times over the past eight years, we know all too
well the sacrifices that our Families and loved ones make during our absence. We recognize these
sacrifices and thank you for all you do.

On behalf of the entire Warrior Brigade, we thank you for your support and the support of the many
working with you. Your time and thoughtfulness will bolster our morale as we close out our nation’s
military efforts in Iraq with honor and dignity. Knowing you are all there for us is a great asset in our
completing this mission. Thank you!

Sincerely,

MALCOLM B. FROST
COL, IN
Commanding

Thanks to all who have contributed, and continue to contribute, to the Adopt-a-Soldier program, whether with item donations, financial donations for shipping, or your time.  This letter is for you.

We are now in our third month of this project, with a little over nine months to go before our guys return home.  If you haven't done so yet, please "Like" the Adopt-a-Soldier page on Facebook, and continue to support the program as you have done so far.  As you can see, it means a lot.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #29 - 11/09/10 at 8:42pm

The last date for shipping to our soldiers in time for Christmas is December 4.  We would like to get each soldier a special Christmas box.  If you'd like to contribute to this box, please take your donation to one of our drop-off locations (Robert's Discount Pharmacy, Hoover Fitness, Moonligh on the Mountain, Buffalo Wild Wings Hoover, or any Hoover fire station).  Make it personal by adding a note, and we'll include it in the box.  Remember, new items only and items only for males (we don't have any female soldiers that we're sending to...yet).

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company