"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
04/23/24 at 11:29am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Adopt-a-Soldier (Read 38085 times)
JBH
YaBB Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Adopt-a-Soldier
Reply #30 - 11/09/10 at 9:28pm

How many soldiers are we doing boxes for right now?  I have seen the two names...

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #31 - 11/10/10 at 5:47am

Quote from JBH on 11/09/10 at 9:28pm:
How many soldiers are we doing boxes for right now?  I have seen the two names...

We're up to four:  Epp, Sidney, Kahlil and Roosevelt.  Depending on the support, we will add more.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #32 - 11/23/10 at 1:55pm

Check out the latest update here:
http://bluffparkal.org/adopt_update.htm

The latest shipment just went out:  37 boxes, 320 lbs., $425.00 in postage.  

Keep the donations coming!  

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #33 - 11/27/10 at 6:05pm

The Adopt-a-Soldier Project was featured on Fox 6 Pass 6 On segment on Wednesday, November 25, 2010:

http://www.myfoxal.com/global/Category.asp?c=186711

Thanks to this and other contributions, Shipment 6 was sent out on Friday, November 27.  Let's make the Christmas Shipment a special one - keep those item donations coming.

For a complete update, see http://www.bluffparkal.org/adopt_update.htm

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #34 - 11/30/10 at 11:28am

December 4th Shipment

The last day for shipping boxes to Iraq for Christmas is Saturday, December 4, 2010.  

We would like to send a box of Christmas Cards/Letters from the Bluff Park Community to the entire squad of soldiers that our adopted soldiers are members of.  Don't address them to anyone in particular.

We will gather the letters, box them up and send them to the Squad Commander, who can then hand them out to all of the soldiers.

Bring you cards and letters to our drop off locations (Robert's Discount Pharmacy, Hoover Fitness, Moonlight on the Mountain, Alford Avenue Animal Hospital, any Hoover Fire Station, Buffalo Wild Wings 150).  We'll box them up and ship them out in time for Christmas.  

Sorry about the short notice!  Let's get some letters to these guys who will not be home with their families for Christmas!

If you can't bring them by, send them to

BluffParkAL.org  
Adopt-a-Soldier
PO Box 26762
Birmingham, AL  35260

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #35 - 11/30/10 at 8:29pm

We would like to announce a new Drop-Off Location for our Adopt-a-Soldier program:

Woodforest Bank located inside the Walmart on Hwy. 150.  Look for our familiar green bin inside this branch, and soon more branches of Woodforest Bank.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #36 - 12/03/10 at 1:53pm

This holiday season, many American families are separated by war — some for the second or third time as troops serve repeated tours in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Now USA TODAY is providing a way for those families to share video messages and for everyone to join the conversation. To send your own message to the troops, simply click the below link:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/to-the-troops.htm

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #37 - 12/03/10 at 3:02pm

I was able to chat with one of our "adopted" soldiers today via Facebook for the first time.  I chatted with Epp.  He asked me to relay a message from him to eveyone who has contributed to the project:

"I would also like to thank you so much for what you're doing.....it truly means alot to me and the other guys here that get these boxes it helps alot."

I responded with: "It's our pleasure.  The community truly appreciates what you guys are doing and it's our little way of giving back.."

To which Epp responded: "Well it's far from little. It's huge to me. If you could just tell everyone there that has sent me something tell them that it means the world and I can not thank them enough."

Tomorrow we'll be sending out the shipment they will be receiving for Christmas.  Included in the boxes will be cards and letters written for the soldiers from children at Bluff Park Elementary School and from Sugar n Spice Day Care.  The cards will be divided up and sent to all of the soldiers in Alpha Company, not just our adopted ones.

Remember, our project continues until they come home, so continue the donations even after Christmas.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #38 - 12/04/10 at 8:49pm

Check out the Christmas cards sent out to our soldiers:

http://www.bluffparkal.org/adopt_update.htm

Thanks to the children at Bluff Park Elementary School and Sugar n Spice Daycare for handmaking these cards!

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #39 - 01/11/11 at 10:16pm

Our latest shipment was sent out today.  1000+ lbs. of care packages sent to our adopted soldiers in Iraq so far!  Check out the latest update at:  http://www.bluffparkal.org/adopt_update.htm

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company