"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
03/28/24 at 11:53am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mosque at Ground Zero (Read 13386 times)
harvardmba

I Love Bluff Park!

Mosque at Ground Zero
08/28/10 at 6:20pm

Should New York allow a Muslim Mosque to be built near the site of the worst criminal assault on Americans in our history since it was Muslim extremists who launched the attack?

Email   IP Logged
kscott
YaBB Newbies

ROLL TIDE!

Re: Mosque at Ground Zero
Reply #1 - 08/30/10 at 9:18am

embarrassed cry Angry  NO!

IP Logged
BPLifer 2

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #2 - 08/30/10 at 4:26pm

I posted about this topic on my blog.  Might be worth reading and watching the video on it.

http://isabellegsmith.blogspot.com/2010/08/over-4000-lives-lost-for-nothing.html

WWW   IP Logged
JBH

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #3 - 08/30/10 at 7:44pm

I don't actually see a poll....

IP Logged
BPLC

You grow it, we mow
it!

Reply #4 - 08/30/10 at 9:15pm

Absolutely not!  The thought of it makes me sick.

Email   IP Logged
bluffparkresident
YaBB Newbies

Reply #5 - 08/30/10 at 10:34pm

I am offended that it would even be considered.

IP Logged
BPLifer 2

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #6 - 08/31/10 at 7:21am

Quote from asbcor on 08/30/10 at 10:34pm:
I am offended that it would even be considered.  

I'm offended that people are holding a whole religion accountable for the actions of some bad seeds.  It's like holding all Baptists accountable for the actions of Westboro Baptist Church.  Or holding all Mormons accountable for the actions of the polygamist sect in Texas.  Or holding all Catholics accountable for the crusades.  Just because you have people who use a religion to justify their actions doesn't mean that the religion as a whole is bad.  It doesn't mean that everyone in that religion feels the same way.

WWW   IP Logged
bluffparkresident
YaBB Newbies

Reply #7 - 08/31/10 at 9:33am

I don't blame the religion, but it's clearly a sensitive location, and that shouldn't be so hard for anyone to understand.  I wouldn't want to build there if it were going to create such hard feelings.  Tolerance works both ways.

IP Logged
BPLifer 2

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #8 - 09/01/10 at 3:34pm

I'll have to beg to differ on that one.  It's absolutely about the religion.  I can guarantee no one would have a problem if it was a Christian worship center instead of and Islamic worship center.

WWW   IP Logged
bluffparkresident
YaBB Newbies

Reply #9 - 09/01/10 at 3:59pm

It's an opinion poll....I gave an opinion  The end.

IP Logged
friendofbp

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #10 - 09/06/10 at 9:53pm

My vote is NO.

I actually saw a devout Muslim lady on the news, who said that her faith taught her to not do things that would hurt others and she was AGAINST it! She said she felt that it was very "INSENSITIVE" and that alone should make it wrong. That was her word-insensitive-I have to agree with her. It is a reminder to many of what happened that very sad day.

First of all, no matter what faith you have, you have to realize this was a burial ground-that alone makes me think there should be some kind of remembrance to the lives lost created there.

I could add a lot more-but I think both of those reasons should be sufficient. Surely there are many other places this mosque can be built.  

God bless the USA.

IP Logged
Forolemiss

Keep BP Beautiful

Reply #11 - 09/16/10 at 8:54am

Not a big fan of the Muslim religion because of their views on women.  I’ll change my mind when they ease up on the mandated head scarves, Burkas, segregated services/schools and mercy killings.  

Don’t get me wrong, I would love if my wife would wear high heels while cleaning and serving me martinis (That is never going to happen).  

I just think women are the cornerstone of the family and need a little respect.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company