"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
04/19/24 at 1:55am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Shooting at Ashford Townhomes (Updated 1/22/13) (Read 11589 times)
Officer Foreman

Hoover Police
Department

Shooting at Ashford Townhomes (Updated 1/22/13)
01/21/13 at 5:19pm

This morning we responded to a reported shooting at Ashford Townhomes. There was a death as a result of the shooting and the Jefferson County Coroner responded to the scene.  Detectives are working on finding out the exact circumstances involved.  At this time we do not feel there is any danger to the public. More information will be released when available.  

Update on 1/22/13:  The Jefferson County Coroner’s Office has released the name of the deceased (Nicholas Taylor Schneider, a resident of Hoover).  On the day of the shooting an adult male was taken into custody at the scene by Hoover Police Officers.  The Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office will require additional time to fully investigate the circumstances of this case prior to making any decision to issue warrants.  The adult male was released from custody this afternoon.  

« Last Edit: 01/22/13 at 10:13pm by Officer Foreman »  

www.hooverpd.com
Email WWW   IP Logged
_anonymous_
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Shooting at Ashford Townhomes
Reply #1 - 01/21/13 at 5:37pm

Quail Creek.  Awesome.   Perhaps a public safely checkpoint in the vicinity from time to time would help deter future actions of this nature.

IP Logged
teeechur
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #2 - 01/22/13 at 7:25am

Could anyone tell me why Ashford Townhomes are not listed in Hoover Police's Apartment/Condo Calls by Month section.  Are these apartments not located within the city of Hoover?

Email   IP Logged
Officer Foreman

Hoover Police
Department

Reply #3 - 01/22/13 at 11:36am

They are in the City.  I will check with our IT personnel to find out what happened and get back with you.

www.hooverpd.com
Email WWW   IP Logged
irrigator
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #4 - 01/22/13 at 5:25pm

At one point(many name changes ago) Ashford Townhomes had a Hoover police office living there, is that still the case?  Thanks.

IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Reply #5 - 01/22/13 at 5:38pm

@RobinsonCarol: al.com Tweet
 Suspect in Hoover shooting released from custody pending further investigation http://t.co/qEu66pJx

Email WWW   IP Logged
_anonymous_
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Shooting at Ashford Townhomes (Updated 1/22/13
Reply #6 - 01/24/13 at 9:42pm

Less than a mile from the Mr. P's shooting. That wasn't Hoover, but definitely Bluff Park.   Suspects in both shootings are still at large.  Don't just carry your concealed weapons people. Train with them and know the circumstances when it is and is not appropriate to use them.  The police can not protect you. That is your job.  Steel city and Hoover tactical are 2 very close places to work on your skills.  Please consider a good flashlight and a can of mace.

IP Logged
teeechur
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #7 - 01/24/13 at 10:23pm

Officer Foreman, were you able to find out why Ashford is not listed on the Hoover police website?
Thanks

Email   IP Logged
Officer Foreman

Hoover Police
Department

Reply #8 - 01/24/13 at 11:32pm

I have heard back from our IT personnel.  There was some confusion when the street names were entered in the original database over a year ago since Autumn Village and Ashford Townhomes have a connecting road.  The issue has been resolved and future calls for service will be correct.  In the mean time, we have compiled the calls for service for Ashford Townhomes covering all of 2012.  You can see the calls at this link:  http://www.hooverpd.com/ftpupload/upload/CFSAshford2012.pdf

Thanks,

Brian

www.hooverpd.com
Email WWW   IP Logged
overhere
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #9 - 01/25/13 at 6:36am

Okay, I just have to ask. Looking at the call outs for HPD to Ashford for 2012, wouldn't it make sense to use the Police substation for more than just a rest stop? Bluff Park has got to be one of if not the least covered areas that HPD has and this document pretty much confirms that. Angry

IP Logged
bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #10 - 01/25/13 at 6:59am

Quote from overhere on 01/25/13 at 6:36am:
Okay, I just have to ask. Looking at the call outs for HPD to Ashford for 2012, wouldn't it make sense to use the Police substation for more than just a rest stop? Bluff Park has got to be one of if not the least covered areas that HPD has and this document pretty much confirms that. Angry

How about a different thought:  The City of Hoover purchased an entire apartment complex at the corner of Lorna Road and Patton Chapel Road.  They then terminated all leases.  Then they demolished the entire complex.  Now construction has begun on a Neighborhood Walmart.  It was a win-win for everyone.

Perhaps we need to begin to think about having a nice park in the area of Tyler Road...

IP Logged
bluffparkdmd
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #11 - 01/25/13 at 8:44am

I'll second bpresident's idea

"Only floss the teeth you want to keep!"
  IP Logged
teeechur
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #12 - 01/25/13 at 8:58am

Officer Foreman, thanks for following up on my request.
These calls indicate a LOT of bad things going on in those apartments; domestic violence, wanted person, controlled substances, etc.  Getting rid of these apartments would be a grand idea but would required a lot of money to buy them out as was mentioned on Lorna.  Having a full-time presence at the substation would help.  
It would certainly seem like two recent shootings in the area would justify such a police presence.

Email   IP Logged
PastAndPresents
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #13 - 01/25/13 at 2:09pm

I am next door to the apartments in the little white house. Thanks to Officers Studyvin, Hale, and Nichols who have all been by the shop to introduce themselves, I feel safe. Their presence at the substation would be nice, but seeing them on the street and in the parking lot watching the apartments along with my building seems like a better situation to me.

IP Logged
bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #14 - 01/25/13 at 8:02pm

Quote from PastAndPresents on 01/25/13 at 2:09pm:
I am next door to the apartments in the little white house. Thanks to Officers Studyvin, Hale, and Nichols who have all been by the shop to introduce themselves, I feel safe. Their presence at the substation would be nice, but seeing them on the street and in the parking lot watching the apartments along with my building seems like a better situation to me.

So are they there all the time?  That does make me feel better actually.  I thought they still had the entire huge zone to patrol, which includes all the way to Hwy. 31.  But if they are staying in Bluff Park full time now, that is good.  How often do you see them, by the way?

By the way, wouldn't you rather have a nice park to look at instead of some ugly apartments?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company