"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
03/28/24 at 5:46am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fireworks Warning (Read 1345 times)
Officer Foreman

Hoover Police
Department

Fireworks Warning
06/27/13 at 9:32am

We are frequently asked whether or not FIREWORKS are legal in the City of Hoover. The City has adopted the 2009 International Fire Code which prohibits the possession, manufacture, storage, sale, handling, and use of fireworks. Professional organizations are able to have public fireworks displays after obtaining a City permit for the event.
     According to one of our Hoover Fire Marshals, the prohibition of fireworks is to address concerns of fire prevention and personal safety. In addition, the prohibition ensures that the Hoover Noise Ordinance is not violated as well. Citations issued for a fireworks violation may require fines and/or a Court appearance.  
     If you are going out of the City to a location where you can legally use fireworks, please take a moment to review the safety recommendations at the link below. Thank you and be safe!  

http://www.hooverpd.com/ftpupload/upload/fireworkssafety.pdf

www.hooverpd.com
Email WWW   IP Logged
bluffparkresident
YaBB Newbies

Re: Fireworks Warning
Reply #1 - 07/03/13 at 12:25pm

Thank you for posting this.  There are so many opportunities to enjoy fireworks and other activities that are not only legal, but FREE to the public.  Unfortunately I spend every 4th of July & every New Years Eve at home.  I worry about leaving my house unattended due to the arsenal of fireworks that is unloaded on my street and throughout the neighborhood on both of those holidays.  I am all for folks enjoying the holidays, but we should all be able to enjoy them.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company