"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
04/19/24 at 3:58pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
abandoned vehicles (Read 2825 times)
Steemman
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

abandoned vehicles
07/08/13 at 5:51pm

This question is for Officer Foreman.  
What are the procedures for addressing abandoned vehicles?  I contacted Hoover dispatch on June 23rd about three vehicles in the Shades Mountain Plaza parking lot.  They are located in front of Baker's Pizza.  Two of them have flat tires.  Two have expired tags and one has no tag at all.  There are two white vans and one white pickup truck.  Half of the bodies are nothing but rust.  Did I do the right thing contacting dispatch?  Can we find out if anything has been done?

IP Logged
Steemman
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: abandoned vehicles
Reply #1 - 07/22/13 at 3:53pm

I followed up with Hoover PD dispatch today.  They said that they would have sent an officer out to make sure the vehicles were not stolen, apparently they are not.  Since the vehicles are on private property, they will not have them towed.  I will have to talk with the owner of the property.  Not sure which one to talk to since there are three owners of the property, but I am going to try.  I'm sure everyone has heard of the broken window theory.  If we don't demand a better Bluff Park when we see things that need attention and let things slide, then we get what we deserve.  How many abandoned vehicles are too many?  I say one!

IP Logged
teeechur
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #2 - 07/22/13 at 8:48pm

Thank you for taking the initiative to make our community a better place.

Email   IP Logged
ht2

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #3 - 07/29/13 at 9:44am

Good job...please stay on it.

IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Reply #4 - 07/29/13 at 3:55pm

Great work!

Email WWW   IP Logged
pekaboo

Reply #5 - 07/29/13 at 4:19pm

Doe it look the vehicles need to be worked on or something? Maybe somebody kept them there to work on them.

IP Logged
bluffparkpig
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #6 - 09/10/13 at 12:27pm

After two months of trying, we (Piggly Wiggly) finally had all of the vehicles removed! When I saw the tow truck hooking onto one of them, I couldn't help but throw my hands into the air in excitement. It makes the parking lot look so much better.

Mark @ the Pig

IP Logged
BPRunner
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #7 - 09/10/13 at 8:52pm

Thanks so much,  Mark! Everyone who shops there will appreciate not seeing those wrecks anymore!

IP Logged
Mrs. B

Reply #8 - 09/11/13 at 9:37am

Thank you sooooo much!!!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company