"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
04/19/24 at 11:39am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Moving Forward Inc - Possible Scam (Read 4506 times)
donjuandomain
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Moving Forward Inc - Possible Scam
12/20/13 at 8:01am

A door to door salesperson came by on Park Ave yesterday pitching magazines for homeless shelters, salvation army, etc.  The deal is that you buy hundreds of dollars of magazines that get delivered to these organizations and the seller gets 50%, 75%, or 100% depending on the size of the gift.  You have three days to cancel.  They prefer cash but will take a check.  Depending on the size of the deal, the seller also gets points to advance in the company.  If you buy his "goal" package, it costs around $690 and he get's 100%.  What a deal!  

The organization gets an F on the BB site.  They say no one gets the magazines and no refunds are returned.

http://www.bbb.org/central-alabama/business-reviews/magazines-subscription-agent s/moving-forward-in-birmingham-al-90095817#

I bought the man's cheapest package for $195 because his story was charming.  An ex ganger from Chicago making good in Birmingham with two young girls.  He had tattoos on his hands and was rather well spoken and had a nice personal presentation.  His clip board of selling materials was of really poor quality.  I felt totally comfortable with this young man, however, he did ask questions about dogs, kids, job, phone, and other things that could be used for malicious advantage later.  Although I was comfortable with him as a 6/4 225lbs male, I'm not sure many others would be in our community.  

I have canceled the check that has not been cashed and am sending in the obligatory cancellation notice.

If you face any sellers of this organization, I recommend that you reference the Better Business Bureau site and send him on his way.  He has been also seen on Shades Crest road.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company