"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
03/29/24 at 8:16am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Street Request/Hoover Engineering (Read 3514 times)
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Street Request/Hoover Engineering
10/15/14 at 10:37am

The following list was compiled by resident Curt Posey from members of Bluff Park United  Facebook page to present to the council and Hoover Engineering Department.  

Today, Bluffparkal.org received an email from Rod Long with the city updating us.  
   "We are presently working to address the items on this list and have added the additional items from the updated list." Rod Long, city Engineer.

Issues to present to city of Hoover engineering For the Bluff Park area.

-Addition of more speed limit signs in the Martinwood area (specifically Farley Road/Cambo Lane/Cambo Drive.

-Addition of “Slow, Children at Play” signs in Martinwood due to growing population of young children.  Especially on Farley/Cambo where 15+ children under the age of 10 currently reside.

-Addition of signage (speed limit, children at play), speed bumps or creation of a cul-de-sac at Chapel Lane and South Burbank.  Drivers are using South Burbank as a cut through and homeowners are reporting speeds up to 45 mph on the road during the evening hours when kids are active.  

-Addition of signage speed limit, children at play on streets branching from Alford avenue (Marion, Haden and Patton) to help protect children at play as well as children walking home from SMES.

-Addition of signage (speed limit, children at play), speed bumps on Blue Ridge near SMES to help protect children waking home from the school.  

-Addition of signage (speed limit, pedestrian right of way), at the corner of Shades Crest and Chapel road as well as Park Avenue and Chapel road.  The sidewalks in this area are popular for walkers, joggers and cyclist. Drivers are not sharing the road and do not give way to pedestrians.

-Addition of Do Not Pass signage on Shades Crest Road due to the present danger that the “cliff” side of the road presents to drivers.

-Addition of No Outlet sign on the corner of Lido and Marion street. Resident reported that people speed down thinking it is a cut through. Someone nearly hit her 9 year old yesterday.

-Addition of Speed Limit and Children at Play signs within the 300-400 block of Shenandoah Drive. Resident says this is a cut through for speeders coming off Albermarle. They try to bypass Chapel here, speeding down the hill and rarely stop at the sign at Bedford.  There are11 kids here within just a few homes. It terrifies me to see all the kids running back and forth to each other’s homes here.  

-Addition of Speed Limit signs on Savoy Street between O' Neal and So. Sanders. Resident reported issues with speeding and driving on the wrong side of the road. There are currently over ten children in this small section of road and drivers are not being responsible

Email WWW   IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Re: Street Request/Hoover Engineering
Reply #1 - 01/16/15 at 5:39pm

BluffParkAL.org received the following update on 1/16/2015 at 5:30pm from Rod long, Hoover city engineer.

"I checked with Chris Reeves, he said they had completed the request for additional traffic signs. If you have other requests, please forward them to me. Thanks."

We are efforting a list of the completed signage.

Email WWW   IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Re: Street Request/Hoover Engineering
Reply #2 - 01/21/15 at 8:06pm

From: bluffwriter@gmail.com [mailto:bluffwriter@gmail.com]  
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2015 5:46 PM
To: Long, Rod
Subject: Re: Issues for city engineer

Thank you and the city for working on this.  
Would it be possible to give me a list of which ones (signage) from the list were completed. Here is the original list. I seem to remember that the children at play sign was not something that the city could do.  

Reply:Rod Long, cc Chris Reeves

We will review this list and get back with you.

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company