"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
03/29/24 at 5:03am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Single biggest issue facing Hoover (Read 2688 times)
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Single biggest issue facing Hoover
11/19/15 at 10:58pm

We'll open the questions up by asking:  What do you think is the single biggest issue facing Hoover right now, and how would you handle it?

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
CaseyMiddlebrooks
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Single biggest issue facing Hoover
Reply #1 - 11/23/15 at 3:27pm

I believe the single biggest issue concerning Hoover presently is the lack of support from city officials to Hoover City Schools.  School rezoning dominates Hoover news and is at the forefront of most community members concerns.  I would argue that if the city was properly funding and supporting our schools we never would have had the school bus debacle nor would we be having rezoning talks currently.  The schools are operating on roughly a $10 million dollar deficit each year and are relying on reserves to make up for the deficit.  The schools may be able to continue on this track for a couple more years, but soon drastic changes are going to occur unless we step up and support HCS.  There is no way HCS could plan on building a 3rd high school or academy center in the current financial state, thus the need for rezoning talks.  My number one priority is to restore proper funding to our schools and ensure that our children receive the very best education and opportunities possible.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company