"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/18/24 at 3:06pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Incident at Shades Mountain Plaza 8/24 (Read 8466 times)
bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Incident at Shades Mountain Plaza 8/24
08/27/07 at 9:50am

An incident occured at the Shades Mountain Plaza on Friday, August 24 that concerned some residents.  We contact Hoover Police Department Assistant Chief A.C. Roper on 8/27/07 to find out the details before this story grew out of proportion.

Asst. Chief Roper said that on Friday a Hoover PD officer stopped a vehicle in the Shades Mountain Plaza and asked the driver to exit the vehicle.  The driver refused and the officer asked several more times, with the driver refusing.  The officer reached into the vehicle to turn the car off and the driver accelerated, dragging the officer approximately 15 feet before the officer was able to free herself.  The driver took off.  

The driver was later found hiding at a home on Alford Avenue and was taken into custody.  The officer was treated and returned to work the same day.

IP Logged
stillfighting
Ex Member

Re: Incident at Shades Mountain Plaza 8/24
Reply #1 - 08/27/07 at 7:17pm

the wheels on the bus go round and round and so do our issues with the Hoover Police Department with their lack of coverage for the Bluff Park area. As long as the HPD deems it is doing all it can to provide adequate coverage for us, the more we see these type incidents happening as the bad guys pretty much know they can get in and get back out fairly easily. Second verse, same as the first.

IP Logged
Bamafan501
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #2 - 08/27/07 at 8:02pm

Quote from stillfighting on 08/27/07 at 7:17pm:
the wheels on the bus go round and round and so do our issues with the Hoover Police Department with their lack of coverage for the Bluff Park area. As long as the HPD deems it is doing all it can to provide adequate coverage for us, the more we see these type incidents happening as the bad guys pretty much know they can get in and get back out fairly easily. Second verse, same as the first.

Seriously you must be kidding, There was obviously police coverage in the area, seeing as the police officer was conducting a traffic stop on a vehicle.  This could happen anywhere in the city.  This incident has absolutely nothing to do with police coverage in the area.

Email   IP Logged
stillfighting
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/27/07 at 9:02pm

the fact that it happened is proof enough for me

IP Logged
Bamafan501
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #4 - 08/28/07 at 7:35am

I would just like to add a couple of things since I have now read the news story regarding this incident.  Which can be found:

http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/metrobriefs.ssf?/base/news/118828916727529 0.xml&coll=2

The individual involved in this incident, Trippy Dyson, has been causing the hoover police problem ever since I have been in the city of Hoover.  He is a little bit out there to say the least.  This individual lives on Alford Ave.  Therefore he is a bluff park resident.  Does anyone on Alford know this individual?

Email   IP Logged
roxy
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #5 - 08/28/07 at 9:53am

SadThis guy has been bad news since high  school !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roxy roxy   IP Logged
BluffParkwriter
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 08/28/07 at 12:53pm

I was wondering if it was going to end up being Dyson from when I read the first post... Then I read the article and Bingo.  

Stillfighting I cant see where you think the police are not in the area enough.. for one they cant be everywhere at the same time and two Dyson drug the officer... so there was police presence he drug the poor guy in the parking lot.

IP Logged
aubie
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #7 - 08/28/07 at 3:03pm

I suppose the question should be how long it took for the police to respond to the original call to the Exxon station.  I've heard the the response times are still slow.  Also, Dison's arrest has been a long time coming.  He's been bad news for a long time.  His partner in crime (literally) is serving time in state prison and it looks like Trippy's going to be joining him.

IP Logged
stillfighting
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 08/28/07 at 4:18pm

i certainly cannot tell anyone else how they should feel when it comes their safety or feeling of being safe in their own neighborhood. as for me and how i feel, we are being short changed with coverage. if the figures were to be made public, how would we fare against other areas as far as number of officers per 1000 residents. if you can supply that and if we are EQUAL to other areas. i will back off. till then-------

IP Logged
straycatmom

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #9 - 08/28/07 at 6:59pm

Let's please keep the facts straight here.  I'm going only by the article in the paper and the original post, but the name is spelled Dison, not Dyson, and the officer was female, not a 'guy'.  And I, too, do not feel that this is an incident that shows Bluff Park does not have enough police protection.  She was there, and until you really have the statistics you asked about, that has nothing to do with this.  I don't want to always be negative, I love this site and think it has great potential to truly make this place I love even better, but if we give in to sensationalism we could lose...

IP Logged
BluffParkwriter
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 08/28/07 at 7:33pm

excellent point straycatmom Wink

IP Logged
stillfighting
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 08/28/07 at 7:47pm

i think maybe we have a failure to communicate. i am not aiming my comments at the officers who patrol our neighborhhood. i absolutely believe without a doubt that they are doing the best they can. my point is that i am not convinced that we are being afforded the same protection as other areas in regards to the number of officers assigned to us.

IP Logged
straycatmom

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #12 - 08/28/07 at 8:32pm

I can understand that.  However, in this case, an officer risked her life in the line of duty, and thank god she survived, so I don't think this is the topic to voice this particular complaint.  There are others, or you can start a new one.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company