"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/18/24 at 5:49pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Recent Events (Read 1672 times)
mbear2662
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Recent Events
08/19/08 at 3:45pm

It seems that there has been police activity in broad daylight in our neighborhood (Regent Forest).  Two cars of Hoover PD was seen investigating what appeared to be a breakin on Hackberry (Monday, 8/18).  Other neighborhoods similar to ours are experiencing multiple car breakins.  These appear to be desparate times. We need to look out for one another.

Email   IP Logged
Forolemiss

Keep BP Beautiful

Re: Recent Events
Reply #1 - 08/20/08 at 9:38am

I know Beretta makes a glow in the dark sticker with their logo (Three arrows and Beretta on bottom).  Put one of those on your car and you won't have any problems.  A little tacky but not as redneck as the Smith and Wesson stickers.

IP Logged
bppanther
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #2 - 08/24/08 at 8:50am

Quote from mbear2662 on 08/19/08 at 3:45pm:
It seems that there has been police activity in broad daylight in our neighborhood (Regent Forest).  Two cars of Hoover PD was seen investigating what appeared to be a breakin on Hackberry (Monday, 8/18).  Other neighborhoods similar to ours are experiencing multiple car breakins.  These appear to be desparate times. We need to look out for one another.

I think you are exactly right with your comments, with gas being high and the economy in a little bit of a slump.  It seems I've heard lately of a ton of criminal activity all across the Birmingham area, from the multiple break-ins in Mountain Brook, the 5 murders in Shelby County/280, and people telling me at work of multiple break-ins/robberies in nice areas of Trussville.  It's happening everywhere and will probably affect our area too.  We do need to be vigilant in watching our neighborhoods for suspicious activity.

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 08/24/08 at 1:14pm

Quote from bppanther on 08/24/08 at 8:50am:
Quote from mbear2662 on 08/19/08 at 3:45pm:

I think you are exactly right with your comments, with gas being high and the economy in a little bit of a slump.  It seems I've heard lately of a ton of criminal activity all across the Birmingham area, from the multiple break-ins in Mountain Brook, the 5 murders in Shelby County/280, and people telling me at work of multiple break-ins/robberies in nice areas of Trussville.  It's happening everywhere and will probably affect our area too.  We do need to be vigilant in watching our neighborhoods for suspicious activity.

This is really a great segway into taking a look at the Neighborhood Watch section of the web site: http://bluffparkal.org/neighborhood_watch.htm

Officer Foreman of the Hoover PD is always ready to conduct block meetings of interested neighbors who want to make a difference in the Bluff Park area.  Officer Foreman will take care of all of the details in getting your block set up.  Statistics show that neighborhoods set up with Neighborhood Watch have a lower incidence of crime, like burglaries, than those that don't.  Think about it, if you're a burglar, would you rather work an area where the neighbors are quick to call the PD if something seems suspicious or would you rather work an area where neighbors "mind their own business"?

Officer Foreman's e-mail address is:  foremanr@ci.hoover.al.us  and his phone number is: 444-7700.  

Once we get our date settled for the "All for One" party, he will also have a table set up with how to get your block organized.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
BPCyclist
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #4 - 08/24/08 at 2:25pm

I went to the meeting Officer Foreman hosted last week on crime prevention tips, and although (unfortunately) attendance was a bit light, he had some really useful information on general home safety and crime prevention, but he really had a lot of great details on the Neighborhood Watch program.  I'd thought there was a lot more involved with starting one up - folks walking the neighborhood, assigned "watch hours", etc. etc., but he said that although that [u]can[u] be part of a neighborhood watch, in its simplest form a watch is just 4-8 neighbors who agree to keep an eye on each other's homes specifically, and on the area in general.  Once you establish the basics of the watch and let Hoover PD know about it, the city will come out and post the new Neighborhood Watch signs - free of charge - in your neighborhood.  Also, Officer Foreman reminded us that as part of getting watches organized, he's more than happy to come out and speak and/or have future crime prevention meetings if folks are interested.  I know there's a lot of inertia to overcome with getting folks involved in something like this, but hopefully folks will want to make the effort now and possibly prevent something bad from happening, rather than reacting after the fact and trying to get something started after it's too late...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company