"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/18/24 at 4:03pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Work Done at Rayburn and Hawksberry (Read 1039 times)
BP LIFER
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Work Done at Rayburn and Hawksberry
02/12/09 at 8:07am

I just wanted to see if anyone knew what was going on last night at the end of Rayburn where it meets Hawksberry.  My parents live on Rayburn and I left there house yesterday at about 445pm and one HUGE crane was turning on to the road followed by another really big weird looking truck.  I got back to my parents house around 8 to pick up my daughter and they were at the end of the road.  It was too dark for me to see what was going on though.  Anyone have any ideas?

Email   IP Logged
appleblossom

Groovy!!

Re: Work Done at Rayburn and Hawksberry
Reply #1 - 02/12/09 at 3:38pm

BIG tree fell on the back side of the house.  They were afraid the tree would damage the roof if they tried to cut it.  SOOOOOOOO !  They got that crane and lifted it up over the house and set it down.   Neighbors had chairs sitting in the driveway and under car ports - was quite a show.  
Of course I feel for the people that lived there - any damage to the house is a bad thing.

IP Logged
BP LIFER
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Work Done at Rayburn and Hawksberry
Reply #2 - 02/12/09 at 3:51pm

Oh no!  I hate to hear that.  A tree ALMOST fell on our house my senior year in 2004 and that was enough to cause me to be terrified of any kind of storm with strong winds.  You could see where the gutters had been scratched and dented a little from the tree, thats how close it was.  Anyway, thanks for the info and I hope everyone is ok.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company