"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/17/24 at 1:25pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Found dog with leash dragging behind (Read 3101 times)
ronsu
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Found dog with leash dragging behind
12/16/09 at 9:52am

This post was on the al.com hoover forum:
Beautiful LARGE dog found wandering Alford avenue with leash dragging behind it. No local vet has received an inquiry about a missing dog of this type and none of them think that she is a patient of theirs. The dog will be put down in a couple of days if not claimed or rescued. Please respond to identify.
There was no contact info on the forum. I hate to think of this dog being put down. Anybody have any info?

IP Logged
jgregory1975
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Found dog with leash dragging behind
Reply #1 - 12/16/09 at 3:36pm

Why will this dog be put down>  Was he taken to the humane society?  Why not a no-kill shelter?

IP Logged
poster112
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #2 - 12/16/09 at 8:10pm

I am the original poster on the other site. I did not pick the dog up and was merely passing along the information to help. If you find it, you may PM me on this site.
The dog has a broken hip, so medical care was a priority, not location or policies of the vet.
If you have only unhelpful criticism, complaints or questions as to why the rescue was not handled to your liking, address them to someone who gives a darn. I am not one of those people and I'm sure that the person who picked the dog up doesn't, either.  
We are trying to help by getting an injured and lost dog medical care and trying to find the owner (in that order). We are not engaged in pleasing those that will complain about how we went about it.

IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Reply #3 - 12/16/09 at 8:33pm

[color=#003300]you could try ALford Ave vet, they do surgery their and may can help.[/color]

Email WWW   IP Logged
poster112
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #4 - 12/16/09 at 8:45pm

She's already receiving care at a vet. Thanks, though!

IP Logged
jgregory1975
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #5 - 12/17/09 at 9:17am

Not trying to offend you, only trying to get more information as I work with several people who handle animal rescue, sorry if the message I posted came off that way, didnt intend for it to and I was in a hurry and ONLY trying to get more information.  The original post didnt have any of the info re: dog injured and already at a vet it sounded as thuogh it was dropped off at a shelter and I know several people who would be more than happy to help.  

Anyway, as I read my original post it does seemed hurried but I never intended for it to be critical of anyone, only trying to get info.  So, hopefully you can forgive me and have a Merry Christmas!

IP Logged
jennmccown

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #6 - 12/17/09 at 9:37am

I have some pics of the Great Dane that y'all are talking about....but I don't know how to post pics in this forum!  If you want to see her, I will be happy to email you the pics and maybe someone on the forum can put them up.  She belongs to SOMEONE!  She was found on Holly Road off of Shades Crest near Columbiana Rd.  

jennifermccown@excellcommunications.com

IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Reply #7 - 12/17/09 at 12:10pm

you can email the pic to me and I can post them
Heather@bluffparkal.org

Email WWW   IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Reply #8 - 12/17/09 at 4:55pm

Bluffparkal.org has received the following info on the Dane that was found. This is the latest from people trying to find the owners.

" Here are some photos of the dog and the latest email update I received from Allison Potts Shirley who has been trying desperately to find the owner or a foster or a home for this sweet dog! below is the update from Mrs Shirley"

“Okay, just got back from Vestavia Animal Clinic visiting Bella (I had to give her a name!) She seems to be young, she is emaciated, she does have a hip bone injury which we are not sure what it is exactly... but the lady who actually found her was there and she paid for the doc to see her and evaluate her.  God Bless Her!!  I will know something hopefully this afternoon.  Even after him just looking at it, she will need xrays, etc.  

She needs to be spayed (which I believe we have a certificate that will be donated), injuries taken care of, vaccinations to be safe, etc.  

Due to the laws in Vestavia, etc... she has to stay at the Clinic for 11 days.  SHE MUST GET OUT OF THERE BY THEN!! SUNDAY IS D DAY!  If I can find a place for her to go on Sunday that would be wonderful.  A foster home or a foreever home, I will use any money left over from the donations for Leo to pay for some of her vet care.  I will want to move her to Britt Animal Hospital for this, where the donations are and that is my vet, he is very use to danes (he is my dane's vet).  They would not actually come and say it when I asked but they will euth her if the owner or a new furever home does not come forward.  NO ONE has called or come forward. SOOO many vets, shelters, etc have been contacted to see if someone is missing a blue dane... NOTHING! I do believe she was someone's dog but she is extremely emaciated and I can't wait on the owner, she needs care NOW..more like yesterday.  I just can't wait!

I am on the list, the only name on the list, to be called ASAP on the last day to make a decision. This girl does NOT deserve to die!!!!  And I will not let her, but everyone, I need your help!!!!

She was certainly owned by someone, when found she had a collar and leash still on her.  Yet, she has to have been missing for a while because she is emaciated.  She is playful and a leaner (love that about my dane!!). She snuggled up to me and just wanted so much love.  Oh she stole my heart.  

The vet techs said she is a good girl, knows simple commands "sit", etc.  

I have one person who is interested but I cannot wait, I need to get this info out to everyone so that we have a Plan B, C, D, and so on. This girl needs our help!!!!  

Attached are the pictures.  They aren't great but you can see this girl is in need of TLC!! She is a sweetheart!!!!!!!  

Email WWW   IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Reply #9 - 12/17/09 at 5:06pm

another update from Mrs Shirley:

We have found a foster for Bella!  She is not in the clear though, her hip injury needs immediate attention so we will be handling vet care and also her spay.  We desperately need donations for this.  I have a boy that is boarding at my vet, Britt Animal Hospital, he was brought in as a stray and I have taken him on.  We have a fund set up for him at Britt, but now that we have Bella the beautiful blue dane... I am asking if anyone wants to help with her care, they can call Britt and donate over the phone or mail a donation. All info for this is in my signature below.  Thank you so much!!

CALL Britt Animal Hospital 205-967-2511 and tell them you would like to donate to the LEO/BELLA FUND. They will take payment with credit card and if you need a receipt, ask them to fax it to you. You can also mail payment to:
Britt Animal Hospital
c/o LEO/BELLA FUND
380 Summit Blvd
Birmingham, AL 35243-3109
(make sure you state "LEO/BELLA FUND" on the memo section of the check and the envelope)

The donation fund has been confirmed to be at Britt Animal Hospital

Email WWW   IP Logged
poster112
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #10 - 12/17/09 at 6:20pm

That's her. Thanks for posting.  
I understand that the injuries are not new and that she may have been dumped due to the cost of medical care for those injuries.
We are glad to see her getting help.
We will help in any manner we can, as well.
Glad to see her moved from the vet where she was.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company