"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
04/26/24 at 4:31am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Beef O'Brady's/The Grove Shopping Ctr. (Read 2063 times)
bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Beef O'Brady's/The Grove Shopping Ctr.
06/22/10 at 2:25pm

I had heard some positive things about Beef O'Brady's from other folks, so I thought we'd give it a try.

Three of us went up there on a Tuesday evening, two adults, one toddler.  It was before 6pm so there was no wait to get in.  I didn't know what type of place it was, except that it was billed as a sports-environment restaurant.

It was much smaller than I had thought, since some had compared it to Buffalo Wild Wings, but BWW seats more than BO'B.

The waitress came right over and took drink orders.  The menu had a pretty decent selection of burgers, wraps, salads, wings, etc.

Kids eat free on Tuesdays, so the little guy had chicken nuggets and fries.  One of us had a cheeseburger and one of us had the chicken nachos.

The burger was good, an OK size (not huge, but not tiny, either) and was prepared well.  Not memorable, though, just OK.

The chicken nuggets were the frozen round type, made of processed meat, the type usually found in a kids frozen dinner.

The nachos consisted of chips, cheese sauce (lots of cheese sauce), some more cheese sauce, some cheese sauce for those parts that didn't have cheese sauce, a few pieces of chicken, a layer of chopped tomatoes, and, on the side in small containers with lids, some salsa, sour cream and jalapenos.  Hope I didn't forget to mention the cheese sauce.  Bottom line on the nachos, I've had better at Shades Mountain Park's concession stand.

So, on a scale of 1-10, I'm going to give Beef O'Brady's the following rating:

Service:  9.5  Our waitress was great.  Very friendly, but not overbearing.
Food:  4.0  Although the burger was about an 7.5, the chips with cheese sauce and the chicken nuggets brought it down to a 4  
Value: 7.0  Prices were reasonable.  
Overall: 7.0  If their aim is to compete with Buffalo Wild Wings, they've got a ways to go.

Interesting observation:  Like everywhere else these days, BO'B gives you an opportunity to fill out an online survey.  One of the rewards for filling this survey out was the chance to win a $250 gift card to BO'B (which is why I didn't complete the survey - I didn't want to be obligated to go back if I won).  One of the questions on the survey was (and I paraphrase): "Did you notice more than two pieces of trash on the floor inside the restaurant?".  I answered No, but I found it odd that up to two pieces of trash is acceptable to corporate.  Also the food questions were a little odd.  It asked you what you ordered and gave you a choice of selecting more than one item in a category group (appetizers, burgers, entrees, etc.).  Then it asked you to select one those you had chosen and rate it, but it didn't give you a change to rate the others.  There was also no open comment section on the survey.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company