"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/18/24 at 11:59am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Regions Bank Scam (Read 2247 times)
Mrs. B

Regions Bank Scam
11/10/11 at 2:17pm

I and a relative have both received robo-calls on our cell phones purporting to be from Regions Bank - about "new limits on your debit card".  The call asks you to press 1 for more information.
I called Regions and they say this is a scam - but they have not seen fit to alert their customers or the media.

Today another friend got an email from Regions - same subject - and she is not even  a Regions customer.

So be aware - per Regions they never send out robo-calls.

These emails are trickier as they look legit.

Forewarned is forearmed.

IP Logged
Officer Foreman

Hoover Police
Department

Re: Regions Bank Scam
Reply #1 - 11/11/11 at 5:04pm

Thanks for the information Mrs. B!  Yours is the first account I have heard regarding this type of
scam.  Never underestimate the resourcefulness of criminals!

Take care,

Officer Foreman

www.hooverpd.com
Email WWW   IP Logged
kscott
YaBB Newbies

ROLL TIDE!

Reply #2 - 11/28/11 at 10:03am

I got a couple of suspicious e-mails this morning.  I did not open them, just deleted them.  The subject was something about
my automatic electronic payment did not go through.  I do not have any automatic electronic payments

IP Logged
kscott
YaBB Newbies

ROLL TIDE!

Reply #3 - 12/01/11 at 9:57am

Quote from kscott on 11/28/11 at 10:03am:
I got a couple of suspicious e-mails this morning.  I did not open them, just deleted them.  The subject was something about
my automatic electronic payment did not go through.  I do not have any automatic electronic payments

I got another email this morning and just read an article about this NACHA scam going around...Do not click on the link in these emails!!!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company