"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/20/24 at 7:16pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Past and Presents: The little white house on Tyler (Read 2236 times)
PastAndPresents
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Past and Presents: The little white house on Tyler
11/06/12 at 12:14pm

I would like to start off by introducing us. We are Jen & Ken Mishalanie. The new owners of Past and Presents in the little white house on Tyler Rd.  

If you haven't been in yet, please come by and check out the shop. It is VERY different from the last time you may have come in or driven by. Tell your friends it isn't the same anymore! We have real floors now!

Today, after you vote, we will honor you by giving a 10% discount on purchases if you have your I VOTED Sticker on Smiley

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/#!/pastandpresentsinc

IP Logged
overhere
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Past and Presents: The little white house on T
Reply #1 - 11/06/12 at 1:46pm

If you really want to be different, DO NOT put items out on the lawn by the road

IP Logged
PastAndPresents
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #2 - 11/06/12 at 2:22pm

Thanks for your input. The items close to the road were for decoration/display. They are being moved today. We want the shop to be a place people want to visit.  
Any suggestions or ideas are more than welcome!

IP Logged
cyclelogical29
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #3 - 11/19/12 at 6:56pm

Welcome to Bluff Park!  We were in a few weeks ago during an open house and the shop is nicely fixed up.  You have a varied selection of items and we found some little treasures for Christmas including a candle that smells just like frosted Christmas cookies!  We were kindly welcomed and all of the people working there that day were so pleasant and friendly.  We'll be back to browse when we can take more time.  Hope y'all do well in this location.

IP Logged
BPRunner
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #4 - 11/19/12 at 7:40pm

Yes, welcome!  Thank you so much for putting so much work into that house and making it look 100% better than it used to.  As for the items by the road, I'd assumed that they were there for decoration, so please don't worry about getting rid of them - they look nice.  I think since you guys clearly won't be leaving old couches and (non-functional) exercise equipment out at the edge of the road "for sale", you have nothing to worry about.

As the previous comment describes, my own visit to your store couldn't have been more pleasant and enjoyable - it was really nice to wander around in there for a while, and we left with some really interesting stuff.  It's great to see a locally-owned small business making such an effort to be a good part of the community.  Thanks for helping to make our area a great place to live, and best of luck with the store - we'll definitely be back in soon to stock up on some more holiday items.

IP Logged
PastAndPresents
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #5 - 11/29/12 at 3:35pm

THANK YOU!!! To cyclelogical29 and BPRunner. We are trying very hard to change the opinion of this property. My husband and I realize there is still much to be done and are working toward the goal of all improvements finished.  
It makes me feel wonderful to read you had a great experience.  
You are correct, the items near the road are not for sale! Santa is on his way (next week) to sit in that little cart to welcome each person who comes to visit us Smiley
The candle mentioned is made by a Bluff Park Mom who's passion is creating wonderful smelling candles. And they all do!
I look forward to seeing you guys again and hopefully often!

IP Logged
ht2

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #6 - 12/17/12 at 8:46pm

My wife and I (and infant) stopped by the store late Saturday.  They have some really neat stuff at good prices.  I like On A Shoestring, and this place is similar, but more organized, and has more newer handmade type things. My wife bought a pair of earrings that she loves for $6.  Super nice people that run it, and they have done a great job cleaning up that place.  Stop by and give them a shot.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company