"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/05/24 at 11:15am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Suspicious white pickup truck (Read 4221 times)
Recap

I Love Bluff Park!

Suspicious white pickup truck
01/06/13 at 5:22pm

There is a man in a new looking white pickup truck with red letters on the side of the truck bed that says "premium (or quality) steaks at wholesale prices" driving around the neighborhood and stopping at houses.  The letters look stenciled on or temporarily stuck on and there is no business name or phone number on the door of the truck.  He walks around the yards of the places he stops then drives off.  He was seen in the vicinity of the swimming pool neighborhood around 3:00-3:30 today.  He was wearing a toboggan and dark blue jacket.  Could not see his face to determine his race.  Hoover police have been notified and are cruising the area.  If you see this truck, please notify the Hoover Police Department, or if you know this to be a legitimate person, please post on this thread.

IP Logged
jmc
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Suspicious white pickup truck
Reply #1 - 01/07/13 at 8:43am

They were selling steaks door-to-door. They seem to be a legit meat selling business and their office is in Pelham. I can't remember the name of the company, but they had a flyer and are part of some home delivery chain.

IP Logged
Officer Foreman

Hoover Police
Department

Reply #2 - 01/07/13 at 4:58pm

Thank you for reporting it!  It does make a difference.

www.hooverpd.com
Email WWW   IP Logged
Recap

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #3 - 01/09/13 at 7:28pm

Wonder if they have City of Hoover and Jefferson County Business Licenses to sell door to door since it was stated they have an office in Pelham which is Shelby County!  Too many door to door scams going on and too many suspicious people going door to door nowadays.  

IP Logged
Mrs. B

Reply #4 - 01/10/13 at 9:03am

This steak thing is a scam. They tell you they have left over beef, first quality, that they need to sell before returning to office.
Steaks are NOT first quality - and are over priced for Select beef - not even choice.
Friend scammed by this.
Do not be fooled.
And yes, why can these folks solicit in BP?

IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Reply #5 - 01/15/13 at 11:37am

Legit business or not it should be reported, and keep reporting them if anyone else sees them.  
Thanks for reporting Recap.

Email WWW   IP Logged
Abbey111

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #6 - 01/17/13 at 5:35am

Grin
How gross. I cannot believe somebody would fall for this and take a risk on buying meat from a stranger going door to door!

My guess would be that these people have purchased several meat boxes from Angelfood and are trying to make a profit. My former church used to help out with this ministry.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company