"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/16/24 at 7:48pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Yoga Cooperative! (Read 2576 times)
jennmccown

I Love Bluff Park!

Yoga Cooperative!
01/22/13 at 10:56am

Hi guys!!  I am trying to locate a spot in Bluff Park for the "Wandering Yoga Cooperative" to bring a weekly practice to the Bluff Park neighborhood.  They currently practice in Avondale and in Mountain Brook.  Ann, with the Coop said she and her teachers would love to come to Bluff Park once a week.  They offer a very afforable class ($5 donation!) and it's a great way to get in some exercise without spending a lot of money, AND to meet your neighbors!  I contacted Artists on the Bluff but they say they have no available space.  Do y'all have any ideas?  I wonder if Moonlight on the Mountain would be interested - would be a great view! The classes are held early evenings.  Maybe a church? Or even someone's house with a large room or outside, covered area?  

What do y'all think?

IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Re: Yoga Cooperative!
Reply #1 - 01/22/13 at 5:44pm

Let me get some contact numbers for you. what is a good email address for you. Also if you look at the homepage there is a link to Bluff Park Churches and Businesses with contact info. There is also the community center on Cloudland Drive but it must be rented through the city.

Email WWW   IP Logged
kaal
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #2 - 01/25/13 at 9:32am

I teach practical yoga (including mental training and meditation), qigong, kung fu*, and tai chi at the Bluff Park Community Center.
T/Th 6-8pm and Saturdays from 9-11am.  Non-commercial, low rates.
Swami Kaalanatha (aka Kaal Shih-Fu) 332.7163
40 years' experience.  Doctoral biobehavioral science background.

*Chinese and Indo-Malay fighting arts, incl. serious Self Protection for Women

IP Logged
ronsu
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #3 - 01/28/13 at 7:30am

Chapel in the Pines Presbyterian Church would LOVE to host this coop. We have offered yoga in the past, but lost our teacher. Please let me know how to get in touch to discuss. You can call the church office at 822-4210 and Janet will direct you to a person to speak with.

IP Logged
jennmccown

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #4 - 01/31/13 at 1:57pm

Yay!! I have sent the info to Ann with the Wandering Yoga Cooperative about Chapel in the Pines.  I hope she calls soon - I would love to stay so close to home and enjoy such an inexpensive yoga class!! We shall see!

IP Logged
BluffParkGirl
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #5 - 05/13/13 at 8:00pm

Haven't seen any further postings on Yoga.  Is there any update?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company