"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/17/24 at 7:37am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Park Avenue sidewalk (Read 1689 times)
Newhouse
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Park Avenue sidewalk
03/14/13 at 6:23pm

Spring is coming.  More people will be walking on the Park Avenue sidewalk and a lot of them will be walking their dogs.  I have already seen the pet owners letting their dogs poop in people's yards.  Please have the common courtesy to pick up your dog's mess.  It would be greatly appreciated by the homeowners.

IP Logged
jmc
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Park Avenue sidewalk
Reply #1 - 03/15/13 at 8:31am

I agree, Newhouse! I have even seen people allow their dogs to poop on the sidewalk and then continue on without picking it up. By mid-summer the path develops a stench that ruins my enjoyment--and I am sure I am not alone.  embarrassed Everyone, please clean up after your pups. We are blessed to have our sidewalks so let's keep them and the adjacent yards clean.  Smiley

IP Logged
Recap

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #2 - 03/17/13 at 7:00pm

I totally agree....but I would add that people should also pick up after their dogs when they walk them on the streets that don't have sidewalks.  There are no sidewalks at my house and people let their dogs come up into my yard when they are walking them and let them use my yard and not clean it up.

IP Logged
bluffparkdmd
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #3 - 03/18/13 at 8:49am

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2012/01/birmingham_pet_owners_asked_to.html

I saw this article and wondered if Hoover has any similar ordinance in place.  Also, I believe Star Lake has a sign with plastic "doggie bags" and trashcan for pet owners to use.  I'll see if I can find it myself, but does anyone know how they got that put there and who pays for re-stocking bags and emptying the trash?  It would be nice to have one or two at our park near the pool, and even strategically placed along the sidewalk (I believe the city is responsible for the land between the street and sidewalk)

"Only floss the teeth you want to keep!"
  IP Logged
jmc
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #4 - 03/20/13 at 8:32am

We do have a law requiring dog owners to clean up "deposits" left on any property they do not own. I copied the following from the Hoover, AL municipal codes:

Sec. 4-21. - Running at large.

(a)
It shall be unlawful for the owner or person in charge of an animal except cats and fowl to cause or permit such animal to run at large or be upon a street, sidewalk, thoroughfare, property other than that of the owner of the animal, or public place within the city or its police jurisdiction, unless such animal is attached to a leash in the hands of said owner or person in charge of said animal. Any cat running at large may be impounded pursuant to section 4-22 below although such would not result in a citation against the owner or person in charge of the cat under this provision.
(b)
The owner of a dog, and any other person or persons in custody or control thereof, shall cause to be removed any solid body excretions deposited by said dog on any property not owned by or in possession of the dog owner or the person or persons in custody and control of said dog at the time of said deposit.

(Ord. No. 82-343, § 6, 5-14-82; Ord. No. 88-695, 2-15-88; Ord. No. 89-844, 11-20-89; Ord. No. 90-904, 6-18-90; Ord. No. 91-983, 1-7-91; Ord. No. 00-1748, 3-20-00)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company