"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/05/24 at 2:38pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New HSCIN Survey - Job Performance (Read 2108 times)
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

New HSCIN Survey - Job Performance
05/25/07 at 8:58am

Please take a moment to complete the HSCIN's newest survey - Job Performance of the School Board and Superintendent.
This survey gives our Community an opportunity to rate the Job Performance of our public servants (the School Board) and our Superintendent.

Go to www.hscin.org to complete the survey. Thank you for your input.  

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
BP
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: New HSCIN Survey - Job Performance
Reply #1 - 06/04/07 at 11:42am

Okay...I went to HSCIN and completed the survey.  But, I was wondering, what are your general thoughts on this issue?  Our school system has undergone MANY changes during the last year.  For the better?  Worse?  I've got my opinion, but I'll keep it to myself for now.  I want to hear what other Bluff Park residents have to say on the subject.

Thanks!

IP Logged
Army Mom
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #2 - 06/04/07 at 8:53pm

I am really interested in knowing why our school board is appointed and not elected.  I'm not convinced this is a good thing.

IP Logged
BP
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #3 - 06/05/07 at 10:48am

I think one can find instances of appointed and elected school board situations that work well and others that operate poorly.  Unfortunately for the City of Hoover, we're in a bad situation right now.  From what I've heard, appointed boards SHOULD remove that board from the political process by one step.  That way they won't be ousted by a generally fickle public.  If our city could elect a mayor and city council of integrity, an appointed board should not be a problem.  And, by the way, it WASN'T a problem until this mayor and this council.

Okay, so now it's obvious what my opinion is.  I just can't keep my trap shut for long.   Smiley

For more commentary on the happenings of the school board, one of my favorite sites is http://orchard.typepad.com/big_list_blog/ .  It is updated just when there is something going on - not nearly everyday.  Although with the way Liz writes, I would enjoy reading her thoughts everyday!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company