"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/03/24 at 3:59pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Shared water meter (Read 2993 times)
Charley
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Shared water meter
07/22/07 at 9:33pm

I live on Rockview Lane and share a water meter with supposedly 10 other residents.
One man gets the bill from BWWB and he then devides the bill by 11 and then bills the rest of us when ever he feels like it. Once a month for a while then maybe 1-2 years later. We all (Our sharing neighbors) each just received a bill for $600.00 plus. We had about a 2 week notice, then after that we were warned that our water service will be disconnected shortly, because there was not 100% particpation on paying ontime.
Everything about this "water billing" situation is unfair for all of us, including the man who gets the bill. We get charged the highest rate from the get-go, because we go over the limit immediately with 11 homes on the same meter. Then a home with just 1 person, others with 2,3,4,5 people, some with & w/o pets, some who water their grass everyday regardless of the drought. 1 with a pool, 1 with a hot tub, & we all know if you have kids you do lots of laundry. How can any of us get a $50.00 monthly WATER bill? WE are not on city sewer! WE are told it will cost us thousands of dollars to get our own water meter. We cannot afford this. We could lose our home because of this. How can Hoover/BWWB let this be?
Please, WE need help!!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: 07/22/07 at 9:56pm by Charley »  
  IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Shared water meter
Reply #1 - 07/23/07 at 11:08pm

Quote from Charley on 07/22/07 at 9:33pm:
I live on Rockview Lane and share a water meter with supposedly 10 other residents.
One man gets the bill from BWWB and he then devides the bill by 11 and then bills the rest of us when ever he feels like it. Once a month for a while then maybe 1-2 years later. We all (Our sharing neighbors) each just received a bill for $600.00 plus. We had about a 2 week notice, then after that we were warned that our water service will be disconnected shortly, because there was not 100% particpation on paying ontime.
Everything about this "water billing" situation is unfair for all of us, including the man who gets the bill. We get charged the highest rate from the get-go, because we go over the limit immediately with 11 homes on the same meter. Then a home with just 1 person, others with 2,3,4,5 people, some with & w/o pets, some who water their grass everyday regardless of the drought. 1 with a pool, 1 with a hot tub, & we all know if you have kids you do lots of laundry. How can any of us get a $50.00 monthly WATER bill? WE are not on city sewer! WE are told it will cost us thousands of dollars to get our own water meter. We cannot afford this. We could lose our home because of this. How can Hoover/BWWB let this be?
Please, WE need help!!!!!!!!!!!

This is very interesting and might warrant further investigation by the media.  Charley, would you please send your contact information (name, phone number only) via e-mail to info@bluffparkal.org .  We'll talk to you more about it and perhaps suggest some solutions.

If anyone else can think of something that Charley might do, chime in.  Something just doesn't sound right about this scenario and this is what the forum is here for.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
tiki2004
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #2 - 07/27/07 at 8:06pm

There's been a similar situation on Cloudland for at least 35 years that I know of -- the entire street shares a meter, one person manages it, etc. I have always hated knowing that I am paying for others' water use, not to mention not all of us have several hundred dollars to take out of our monthly income to pay for water ... like the OP said, there is no rhyme or reason as to when you'll get the bill, and then you never really know how much of that was you and how much was the family of 17 living next to you.

IP Logged
Bluff Park Guy

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #3 - 07/30/07 at 12:55pm

I can give you heads up on this because I had to deal with BWWB when building a new house in BP. They are going say they are only responsible for the water line from the main water line to the meter and that the home owners are responsible for the lines from the meter to the house hence they will want to charge you thousands of dollars to run new lines and meters. Bluff Park was a takeover system by BWWB and the lines and infrastructure are extremely old. BWWB really doesn't want to mess with any of it. The only way I got them to put in a new tap to the main water line and a new/bigger meter was to have them come out and test the pressure and gallons per minute coming from the meter. If it is not up to a certain minimum then they by law have to put in a new tap and meter. I still had to run the new line from the meter to my house on my own dime. In your case they should be able to put individual meters in each yard before the line goes into the house but they are going to want to charge you for it.

IP Logged
sparky
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #4 - 09/03/07 at 6:54pm

What were they thinking when they put one meter in for all those families?  You should be getting a monthly bill just like I do regardless of how many families are on it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company