"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/04/24 at 6:34pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
To protect and serve my foot! (Read 7452 times)
spideyman78
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

To protect and serve my foot!
08/29/07 at 7:53am

Last night a dear friend of mine was attacked by a random stranger. In front of the dollar general parking lot a stranger beat my friend. Yet when my friend approached the police substation, he had to BEG for the ONE officer to come out and help him and she took her time and almost completely refused to help him get his attacker away from him. How lazy and uncaring has our police force become? I see five officers pulling over one speeder for going five miles over the speed limit, but yet one officer almost refused to help someone who was being attacked! Has anyone else noticed this? That our officers obviously dont want to get their hands dirty? ITS THEIR JOB TO PROTECT AND SERVE, NOT TO SIT AND IGNORE! Please post your opinions on this, and also if you have experienced anything similar to this.  (Oh, and for the FEW officers actually doing their jobs, this isnt about them)

your very upset neighborhood spideyman,

« Last Edit: 09/01/07 at 2:50pm by spideyman78 »  
  IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: To protect and serve my foot!
Reply #1 - 08/29/07 at 8:17am

Spidey,
Please check your e-mail and respond.
Thanks.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
roxy
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #2 - 08/29/07 at 2:34pm

Spidey ~ could you please give me more info. on the attack ...
was the attacker trying to rob your friend ? what was  the motive ? did they arrest this person ... are they at large.  I do frequent that store would like to know more !
I hope your friend is ok , that must have been awful.

roxy roxy   IP Logged
Recap

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #3 - 08/29/07 at 8:01pm

I, too, frequent many of the businesses in that particular shopping plaza and would like to know more about what happened.  Please, more details so we all can be watchful when we shop in those businesses in that plaza and in that entire area in general.

IP Logged
straycatmom

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #4 - 08/30/07 at 7:54pm

What is going on here?  A man was attacked and beaten, and a police officer was informed, and nothing else happened?  She 'almost completely refused to help him'.  What does that mean?  Was a report filed by the officer or the attacked man?  If not, why not?

IP Logged
BluffParkLifer
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #5 - 08/31/07 at 8:34am

Somethings a little fishy about this story Huh

Hello to everyone!

IP Logged
spideyman78
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #6 - 09/01/07 at 6:59am

more details: It was random, the person who attacked claimed my friend called him "crazy" also it was confirmed by the mother of the attacker ( who was there the whole time!) that he was on coke and was off of his meds. Also i need to retract the previous statment about my friend being ignored, the officer did respond, but slowly and apatheticly. My friend did press charges and did file a report, I dont know if the attacker is free or not, but his parents promised to keep him at home(he was put in jail that night though). Just look out for a short irritable-looking vietnamese man who is mumbling to himself for no good reason. Sadly though, the officer tried to talk him out of pressing the charges because "there was a lot of paperwork" that in my opinion is pure lazyness.

your friendly neighborhood spideyman

« Last Edit: 09/01/07 at 2:50pm by spideyman78 »  
  IP Logged
straycatmom

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #7 - 09/01/07 at 4:18pm

So what we have here is a disturbed child, off his meds, in the presence of his mother, doing something inappropriate (on coke is certainly worrisome, and she should have avoided that, but it sounds like she's there and taking care).  I'm sure it was unexpected and shocking, but did your friend ever feel truly in danger?  How old was this person?

IP Logged
meredithshepherd
YaBB Newbies

Reply #8 - 09/01/07 at 8:32pm

spideyman's info is enough to convince me that those two shopping centers have just lost our families business. That description does not paint the picture of just a "disturbed child" and it does not seem that dear old mom is "taking care" of anything!!!
This is really sad.

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #9 - 09/01/07 at 9:44pm

Quote from meredithshepherd on 09/01/07 at 8:32pm:
spideyman's info is enough to convince me that those two shopping centers have just lost our families business. That description does not paint the picture of just a "disturbed child" and it does not seem that dear old mom is "taking care" of anything!!!
This is really sad.

I think what we have here is a third party information without any official release from the Hoover Police Department.  One thing I have learned from forums is the following:  if information is unclear or missing, you go directly to the source, which we will do on Tuesday.

Spidey, I like your posts, but before posting information that is, to say the least, "vague", you need to get all the facts.  I asked you to check your e-mail right after you made the first post, which you have not done, or at least not responded to it.  We don't post vague information on this forum.

meredith, I don't want to say that you are overreacting, but I think you're overreacting.  Many, many people frequent those shopping centers daily.  I know I go to them at least once a day.  They are safe.  The fact that we may have some isolated incidents happen in no way makes them unsafe.

That having been said, I will make you one promise:  I will speak to Asst. Chief Roper and get the exact details as to the officer's actions during the incident and will not mince words on this forum.  What I will post will be exactly what happened.

Our goal is for all Bluff Park residents to feel safe and secure in all parts of Bluff Park.  Got questions that you'd like to discuss off line?  E-mail me at info at bluffparkal.org  

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
roxy
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #10 - 09/02/07 at 4:25pm

I think the Mom should have been arrested for being a "bad" mom
She knew her son was on Coke/off his meds?????
Out in public???!!!! Shocked
This does sound fishy

roxy roxy   IP Logged
straycatmom

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #11 - 09/02/07 at 6:00pm

Thank you, admin.  No offense, Meredith, but why don't you move to Mountain Brook?  I can't you see being happy anyplace else...

IP Logged
meredithshepherd
YaBB Newbies

Reply #12 - 09/02/07 at 6:44pm

StrayCatMom - No offense taken. Perhaps we will soon. I grew up in "old Hoover" and have always loved it. It makes me sad to see that some parts of it have sort of gone by the wayside so to speak. All we expected and wanted out of this area is a safe environment for our kids and yes, we do expect the neighborhood residents to keep their homes up to an average acceptable standard. If that makes me a seem snobbish then so be it.  
On a slightly different note, our neighbor feeds about 14 cats that stroll around our street. Perhaps you would like to adopt a few over here and keep them in your home?

IP Logged
straycatmom

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #13 - 09/02/07 at 7:04pm

I'm called straycatmom for a reason, but I'm overflowing right now.  And I'm sorry, I knew as soon as I typed that it was a mistake.   I don't know what else to say.  Can we just keep open minds about our community?

IP Logged
OleBloo

Reply #14 - 09/02/07 at 7:20pm

If anyone does have questions about this event please ask me or even message me on here, I was personally in the car with my bestfriend whom of which is the wife of the one attacked so I know full detail of what happened. I'm scared to say that our friendly neighborhood had something like this happen but I come out wiser now knowing that if you do go anywhere please be aware of your surroundings and who is sitting outside of places because you honestly never can be ready to see something like this coming but you can be a little safer knowing what to look out for (i hope that didn't sound too strange?)  undecided It upsets me that the police were so stubburn on helping an issue like this. Its even more upsetting the police asking my friends husband "are you sure you want to press charges" a million times makes me wonder if they really seemed to want to do their job. Coming from my friend he is glad he did press charges because he didn't want something like this to happen again to someone else from this crazed person. Now is not the time to start buying guns or tucking away knifes in our socks but maybe a time to bring some more attention to the Hoover police that we are a part Hoover because we are a community of great people just like the rest of the city and also a time to pull together like we have and notice these things that seem out of place. Sorry to ramble but I just wanted to share. You guys be safe please.

*~OleBloo~*
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company