"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/18/24 at 1:25pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Leash Law (Read 5538 times)
stillfighting
Ex Member

Re: Leash Law
Reply #15 - 09/11/07 at 5:25am

here's my feeling on this situation, I have had pets in the past. none now. the bottom line is, everyone will not enjoy your pets the way you do so do not expect that to happen. keep them to yourself, in your house, on your property. respect other peoples property. your rights end where mine begin.

IP Logged
Recap

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #16 - 09/15/07 at 2:19pm

What makes me mad about dog owners who have HUGE dogs and walk them on a leash is that they let their dogs "do their business" on other people's lawns and don't clean it up.   Angry  

I have just had the misfortune of mowing my lawn where it appears that on a certain section a whole herd of "large elephants" must have been housed unbeknownst to me because it was awful!  Right by my mailbox where I have to stand to get my mail is another favorite place for these "large elephants".  I have yet to see any large dogs running around off a leash in my area, so I know the owner's have to be allowing this.

People, for goodness sake, be a conscientious and considerate neighbor and carry a Pooper Scooper and plastic bag with you when you walk these elephants!  I shouldn't have to clean up after your animal, and I shouldn't have to hose down my mower because I didn't see your animal's "business" in time!

I'm an animal lover and have a very small dog who is allowed out on a leash in my own backyard, and I clean up after it!

IP Logged
Mrs. B

Reply #17 - 09/20/07 at 12:54pm

Here is irony for you...the Hoover policeman on our street lets his dog run anywhere and everywhere.
I have found that moth ball crystals sprinkled on the grass at the curb pretty much discourages dogs....you might have to replenish after a rain....and weekly....but dogs aren't dumb....the learn to avoid my yard....and a little goes a long way and it only takes 2 or 3 weeks.

Now, if we figure out how to get folks to STOP at stop signs....I counted 43 people running/rolling stop this morning between 5:45 am and 7:30 am.

IP Logged
roxy
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #18 - 09/20/07 at 3:08pm

GrinWouldn't  it be GREAT if moth balls worked at stop signs!!!!!!

roxy roxy   IP Logged
Recap

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #19 - 09/20/07 at 3:26pm

Thanks for the advice!  The stock on mothballs should go sky high today because I plan to buy a lot of it when I get off work!  

I knew mothball crystals keep snakes away....they don't like the smell or the feel of the crystals as they slither over them.....didn't think about dogs not liking them.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company