"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/16/24 at 11:27pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Streetlights -- Who to Call? (Read 2852 times)
tiki2004
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Streetlights -- Who to Call?
06/20/08 at 11:14pm

I was wondering if anyone knew how to get a burned-out streetlight replaced ... who/where in the City of Hoover would you call? I am talking about one on what I think is public property -- I know if it's one in someone's yard, then things are different. Speaking of streetlights, my street is mighty dark. I would consider letting the city put one in my yard...but I don't really know anything about it, how much the electricity would cost me for that, etc.  

Anyone know anything about a) getting the city to replace streetlights and b) getting one put up in your yard?  

Thanks in advance!

IP Logged
stumpy
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Streetlights -- Who to Call?
Reply #1 - 06/21/08 at 6:42am

Public works 444-7545

IP Logged
Bluff Park Mom
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #2 - 06/22/08 at 1:48pm

We have a street light that Alabama Power installed.  The monthly charge for it is $9.44 (including tax).

IP Logged
dw14
YaBB Newbies

I live in Shades
Mountain!

Reply #3 - 06/23/08 at 10:05am

Yeah I have a street light in my yard and it makes me mad that I get stuck with the bill... When we first moved in it was turned off and I had to call them... got the "we can turn it back on but you have to pay for it."  I would say 1 in 3 in my neighborhood pay for them... the rest are off.

Email   IP Logged
Recap

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #4 - 06/23/08 at 5:10pm

I called the street department to report a streetlight out a couple of years ago and was told "someone obviously didn't pay their electric bill".  I thought (at the time) that he was being sarcastic with me because I honestly thought streetlights were the city's responsibility.  Boy, was I surprised to find out that certain street lights are paid for by the property owner!  I immediately went to my neighbor to offer to help with the expense.  Turns out that this particular light belongs to the city and it was fixed in a couple of days.

IP Logged
appleblossom

Groovy!!

Reply #5 - 06/24/08 at 11:08am

Quote from Recap on 06/23/08 at 5:10pm:
I called the street department to report a streetlight out a couple of years ago and was told "someone obviously didn't pay their electric bill".  I thought (at the time) that he was being sarcastic with me because I honestly thought streetlights were the city's responsibility.  Boy, was I surprised to find out that certain street lights are paid for by the property owner!  I immediately went to my neighbor to offer to help with the expense.  Turns out that this particular light belongs to the city and it was fixed in a couple of days.

Was the light on Alford Ave??   There are 6 I think that belong to the City and Jefferson County on Alford.  

IP Logged
PharmD
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/24/08 at 12:47pm

I would love to put a street light on my property, unfortunately I opened my power bill today and at over $400 i am giving the street light 2nd thoughts.  cry

IP Logged
JBH
YaBB Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #7 - 06/24/08 at 2:46pm

I would think some neighbors would go in together on this kind of thing....

IP Logged
Recap

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #8 - 06/25/08 at 9:15pm

Was the light on Alford Ave??   There are 6 I think that belong to the City and Jefferson County on Alford.  
[/quote]

No, this was over near the Park and Swimming Pool.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company