"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
04/30/24 at 1:19pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FYI (Read 2420 times)
Matt and Amanda
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

FYI
10/16/09 at 3:29pm

IP Logged
JBH
YaBB Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: FYI
Reply #1 - 10/16/09 at 4:01pm

Wow...hadn't heard a thing....thanks.

IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Re: FYI-shades crest stabbing
Reply #2 - 10/16/09 at 5:12pm

wow this was news to me!
Did anyone get a crime email or anything on it?  Here is a map of the 500 block of shades crest road
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Hoover&state=AL&address=500+Shades+Cre st+Road&zipcode=35226

Email WWW   IP Logged
bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #3 - 10/16/09 at 8:19pm

Before everyone flips out, here are some facts (and why no e-mail was sent out):

The incident happened at 1 am.  The suspect was captured later in the day.  According to the newspaper, the victim knew the assailant, so it was not a random act.  It just happened to have taken place in our neck of the woods.  Doesn't mean we're turning into our neighbors to the north.

« Last Edit: 10/16/09 at 10:21pm by bpresident »  
  IP Logged
JBH
YaBB Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #4 - 10/17/09 at 9:59pm

I heard the story, and no, it was not a flip out occasion.  However, I am signed up for the police emails of criminal activity in the community.  It makes me wonder exactly what it is that make it worth an email.....

IP Logged
bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #5 - 10/17/09 at 10:19pm

Quote from JBH on 10/17/09 at 9:59pm:
I heard the story, and no, it was not a flip out occasion.  However, I am signed up for the police emails of criminal activity in the community.  It makes me wonder exactly what it is that make it worth an email.....

My understanding of the e-mails is that they are supposed to be for informational purposes, to aid in investigations, and to inform residents of ongoing criminal activity.  I don't see how this incident would fall into any of those categories.  

From the sound of the article, it seems that the HPD already knew who the suspect was, therefore it wouldn't warrant sending anything out except make folks more nervous and create a situation out of a closed case.

I would agree with you that if this case didn't have a known suspect then an e-mail should have been sent out in the morning, or as soon as permissible.

IP Logged
fitgrl

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #6 - 10/18/09 at 6:41pm

They might have had a known suspect but they didn't have him in custody.  Shouldn't this have been a perfect opportunity to send out an alert to be on the lookout for the suspect?   undecided

IP Logged
nickel4al

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #7 - 10/19/09 at 9:14am

ABC 3340 posted a story Saturday afternoon that they already had the suspect in custody.

stangviperred   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #8 - 10/21/09 at 3:42pm

I just got off the phone with Capt. Coker of the Hoover PD.  I called him to ask him why no e-mail went out after this incident, stating that many residents were concerned about it.

Here's his response (paraphrased):  An e-mail did not go out after the incident because the suspect was known to the PD already.  The biggest concern to Hoover PD is the safety of all residents.  Had the suspect not been known (and his whereabouts, as they also knew that), an e-mail would have been sent out.  Capt. Coker stressed that they don't want to send out too many e-mails, as they don't want to "cry wolf".  When an e-mail is sent out, it will be for matters that are urgent.  This was not one of them, again because the suspect's identity and whereabouts where known.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company