"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
04/30/24 at 3:30am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DAYTIME BREAK IN (Read 1776 times)
Lizzyh47
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

DAYTIME BREAK IN
09/01/09 at 4:43am

We live on the corner of Savoy and Lacey Lane. On Thursday 27th between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. someone came in threw our back door and stole two Playstation 3, about 50 Playstation games, a brand new HP laptop, I had only just bought the week before, a Toshiba laptop, we had purchased just a month before, my check book, a chainsaw, a nail gun, and a skill saw. We did contact the Hoover Police Dept and mad a police report. The officer did let us know that since the beginning of the summer from Bluff Park to Lake Cyrus there has been about 3-4 home break-ins a week. Our neighbor hood is considered to be on the neighborhood watch program, but I don't believe anything current has been established. My father is a disabled man who was living alone at the time of the incident.  If anyone who lives near us could keep an eye out on our home, just in passing or if you live close, I would greatly appreciated. If anyone has any information as to what or who broke into our home please contact the Hoover Police Dept. You don't have to leave any of your information, just leave the tip on the web site. As the Hoover Police chief said, they would rather go and investigate a call and find nothing, than to not have someone call and find out a crime had occurred.  If you see anything suspicious or out of the ordinary please don't hesitate to call. If we all do this and work together as a community we can catch these criminals and take back our city/community. This is our community, our neighborhood, a great place to raise Our children, Let's Take Back Our Streets and Kick Crime Out!!!  

Thank You,
A concerned neighbor

Email   IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Re: DAYTIME BREAK IN
Reply #1 - 09/01/09 at 12:13pm

to start a Neighborhood Watch on your street here is the info
To organize a Neighborhood Watch for your block or a Business Watch please contact Ofc. Foreman at 444-7700 or via e-mail at foremanr@ci.hoover.al.us  

There have also been some in the Green Valley area as well.

Email WWW   IP Logged
friendofbp

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #2 - 09/01/09 at 11:34pm

I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Yes, if we all keep being "nosy neighbors",
we will give those dishonest thieves a heck
of a time!

I believe that enough folks will read this
and be made aware of what you said and
benefit from it.

Thank you so much for posting this.

IP Logged
ECoronadoBlock Cpt
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #3 - 09/02/09 at 8:38am

Sad
I'm so sorry this happened to you, but thank you for sending out the alert.  I've notified the people on my block (Coronado Dr) about this and hope to get more "eyes on" during the day.  

IP Logged
Leo
YaBB Newbies

Reply #4 - 10/07/09 at 11:22pm

embarrassed Recently in the news we have heard of increase breakins in Vestavia & Mtn Brook during the day .
Have there been any recently in Bluff Park?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company