"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
04/30/24 at 3:17pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Neighborhood Watch Questions (Read 2052 times)
Abbey111

I Love Bluff Park!

Neighborhood Watch Questions
10/27/09 at 2:43pm

I'm interested in possibly trying this on my street, but I'm curious as to how it works. Before I call Officer Forman and get all that rolling, can someone tell me how it works? Do you literally have to take turns staying up all night long? Driving around? It kind of sounds exciting, but tiring too, as I have a 1 year old who already keeps me up. Everytime I have to get up for her, I peek out at our cars to see if anyone is lurking- since 2x we have been victims of attempted theft.

I also read RD article about thieves/burglars: https://www.rd.com/your-america-inspiring-people-and-stories/13-things-a-burglar -wont-tell-you/article156709.html

They interviewed convicted burglars for the article. I have started leaving my tv on during day so anyone knocking to see if I am home will be deterred.

WWW   IP Logged
ECoronadoBlock Cpt
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Neighborhood Watch Questions
Reply #1 - 11/02/09 at 11:14am

hey Abby,

Your watch can be as active as you want.  When I started one on our street, I polled my neighbors first and asked if they would be interested and if so, would they consent to attending one meeting.  We had 100% participation on our street and Ofc Foreman came out and gave an hour 1/2 talk and answered questions the group had.  As block captain, I mainly set up a seperate email for this purpose and then collected a Watch Contact List for our block and made sure each neighbor had one.  We all keep each other advised of recent activites (ie- recent break-ins) and then contact Ofc Foreman if anything comes up (actual emergencies still dial 911).  Hope this helps.  Contact me if I can be of any more assistance.  EastCoronado@charter.net

IP Logged
Abbey111

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Neighborhood Watch Questions
Reply #2 - 11/13/09 at 2:13am

Thank you. I think I'll look into this.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company