"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
04/30/24 at 10:44am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Burglary at Buff Plark Townhomes today (Read 21789 times)
Bamafan501
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Burglary at Buff Plark Townhomes today
10/30/09 at 2:45pm

There was a burglary at Bluff Park Townhomes around 12:30 P.M today.  A citizen called the Hoover Police and stated that their neighbor's house was getting broken into by two white males.  While the police were on the way the witness stayed on the line with the police and was able to see the vehicle they were in leave the scene.  The police were able to stop the vehicle just down from the CVS on Tyler rd and the two suspects were arrested.  For those of you that dont know Bluff Park Townhomes are located just up the hill from the old Andy's citgo at the intersection of Clearbrook and Tyler rd.

Email   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Burglary at Buff Plark Townhomes today
Reply #1 - 10/30/09 at 2:52pm

Thanks for the update, Bamafan501.  This goes to show what keeping our eyes open can do.  Maybe the dirtbags that were arrested can be tied into some of the other burglaries.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
BPLC

You grow it, we mow
it!

Reply #2 - 11/02/09 at 9:58pm

Any updates on the two who were pulled over and arrested?  Were they linked to anymore break-ins?  I was hoping to get an email alert, but I must not be on the list anymore.  I haven't gotten an alert email in a long time.

Email   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 11/02/09 at 10:55pm

Quote from BPLC on 11/02/09 at 9:58pm:
Any updates on the two who were pulled over and arrested?  Were they linked to anymore break-ins?  I was hoping to get an email alert, but I must not be on the list anymore.  I haven't gotten an alert email in a long time.  

I'll try to get some info on Tuesday.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #4 - 11/03/09 at 10:20am

Just spoke to Hoover PD regarding this.

They are preparing press releases and we will be included on them.  Will post them as soon as we get them.  Without going into detail, we're going to hear some excellent news, so stay tuned!

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #5 - 11/03/09 at 1:44pm

Press Releases Received (1 of 2)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE from the office of Chief Nicholas Derzis
Captain Jim Coker
cokerj@ci.hoover.al.us
November 3, 2009

ARREST MADE IN BURGLARY CASE
On Monday,November 2, 2009, at approximately 8:45am, the Hoover Police Department received a call from a resident on Shades Crest Road
(between John Hawkins Parkway and Travis Street). The resident had observed the subject, listed below, attempt to gain entry into her residence by forcing open the back door.

Shortly before Police received this call, the same subject was observed at another nearby residence.

The quick action taken by the homeowners (immediately calling the Police) enabled a quick response by officers from the Patrol Division, who apprehended the subject.

This subject utilizes several alias names, addresses, and dates of birth. His date of birth is 1966; the exact date is being verified. Detectives are fully investigating this subject. This subject was also wanted by Jefferson County on a Failure to Appear on a Stolen Property 1st Degree warrant.  

Glenn Williams
Residence: Birmingham
Bond Amounts:
Attempted Burglary 2nd Degree
$500,000
Obstruction of Justice, Using
False Identity
$500,000
Total Bond amount: $1,000,000.

Williams was detained in the Hoover City Jail, and will be transferred to Jefferson County.

« Last Edit: 11/03/09 at 3:12pm by Bluff Park Forum Admin »  

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #6 - 11/03/09 at 1:48pm

Press Release Received (2 of 2):

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE from the office of Chief Nicholas Derzis
Captain Jim Coker
cokerj@ci.hoover.al.us

November 3, 2009

ARRESTS MADE IN BURGLARY CASE

On Friday, October 30, 2009, at approximately 12:45pm, a burglary occurred on Sanders Road. The next door neighbor saw the suspects committing the offense and immediately called 911. This prompt action, and detailed description of the suspects and their vehicle, provided Patrol Division with the information they needed to locate and apprehend the suspects. The victim’s property was recovered.

The suspects, who were brothers, are:

Shalhoop, Jonathan
DOB April 03, 1990
Burglary 3rd Degree
Bond $10,000

Shalhoop, Branden
DOB April 08, 1991
Burglary 3rd Degree
Bond $10,000
Unlawful Possession of Controlled Substance
Bond $5,000

Both brothers reside in Hoover.

« Last Edit: 11/03/09 at 2:11pm by Bluff Park Forum Admin »  

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
JBH
YaBB Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #7 - 11/03/09 at 1:57pm

Lets hear it for nosey neighbors!!  Good job!

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #8 - 11/03/09 at 2:15pm

Along with the press releases came this message from Capt. Coker:

Good afternoon everyone,  

We have arrested several suspects over the last few days during the act of committing burglaries.  I have attached two releases regarding these suspects.  I would like to emphasize that in both cases observant homeowners became very good witnesses, and quickly called 911.  This allowed officers from our Patrol Division to quickly apprehend the suspects.   This quick action by our residents allowed these arrests to be made.  This is also a good example of how “Neighborhood Watch” is supposed to work:  neighbors watching over neighbors.  Detectives are in the process of checking to determine if these suspects have been involved in other burglaries, in Hoover, and in surrounding areas.    

Many thanks,

CPT Jim Coker

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
BPLifer 2

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #9 - 11/03/09 at 3:25pm

Geez I used to work at Piggly Wiggly a long time ago with one of those brothers.  He caused a lot of trouble while he was there too.

WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #10 - 11/03/09 at 3:31pm

There will be a story abou this on Fox6 this evening, perhaps with comments from Bluff Park residents.  We'll post a link if there is one.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Reply #11 - 11/03/09 at 10:10pm

Way to go Bluff Park!!! This is why Neighborhood Watch groups are so important.  
Congrats to our site  (Bluffparkal.org) creator for another flawless representation on TV, FOX6 news at 9p and 10p.

Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #12 - 11/04/09 at 10:55am

Received via e-mail from Hoover PD Crime Alert:

Hoover Police credit "quick action" of residents in calling 911 with the arrest of burglary suspects  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Hoover Police Department has arrested three burglary suspects during the last several days (see www.hooverpd.com under "press releases" or "HPD RSS News Feed" for additional details ). These arrests can be directly attributed to the diligence of residents in observing suspicious activity and quickly calling 911.  

Realizing that the immediate arrest of these suspects may not have occurred without residents taking the initiative to call 911 has highlighted for us the need to inform all Hoover residents of the locations, dates and times of coming Neighborhood Watch meetings. Thus, notices of future Neighborhood Watch meetings will be sent out using the Hoover Police Department's crime alert e-mail system.

Please report any suspicious activity by calling the Hoover Police Department at (205) 822-5300.  

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company