"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
04/30/24 at 12:58pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Please Be Safe...Exxon got robbed tonight.. (Read 4408 times)
OleBloo

Please Be Safe...Exxon got robbed tonight..
12/03/09 at 10:29pm

I know that there is a lot going on this time of year and our minds are running a mile a minute with planning and whatnot. But please also keep in mind to be safe tonight. The Bluff Park Exxon was robbed at gunpoint tonight. Thankfully no one was hurt but this is a wake up call to let you know to be safe.  

Happy Holidays everyone..and God bless

*~OleBloo~*
Email   IP Logged
Mrs. B

Re: Please Be Safe...Exxon got robbed tonight..
Reply #1 - 12/04/09 at 8:28am

So...where is my email from the Hoover PD?
This does not bode well....

IP Logged
OleBloo

Reply #2 - 12/04/09 at 8:43am

Quote from Mrs. B on 12/04/09 at 8:28am:
So...where is my email from the Hoover PD?
This does not bode well....

Hopefully you will receive it

*~OleBloo~*
Email   IP Logged
pekaboo

Reply #3 - 12/04/09 at 10:20am

I had some friends come over to my place last night around 12 am. They told me that police were all over the interstate, looking like they were trying to find somebody. Is this related to the roberry incident? Do they have the suspect(s) or are they still at large?

IP Logged
Matt and Amanda
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #4 - 12/04/09 at 10:35am

I know there was a police officer shot and killed in Pelham last night. Maybe it was that?

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #5 - 12/04/09 at 11:00am

Re. the Exxon robbery, this is what we just received from Hoover PD:

There was a robbery of the Exxon on Tyler RD last night at approximately 8:45pm.  The suspect was a b/m, wearing a dark sweatshirt.  There is possibly a dark colored small car associated with this offense.

Re. the police on the interstate, yes that was related to the shooting of the Pelham police officer.

Hoover PD will update us with information on the robbery suspect if any becomes available.

Please look for my post on a meeting that I attended yesterday that deals with information from the police departments.  I hope to have it posted within the next 30 minutes.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
pekaboo

Reply #6 - 12/04/09 at 9:18pm

oh my gosh cann't believe the man was a pharmacist from kimberly. There was a breakin at a pharmacy in Mountain Brook last Sun 3 am.

IP Logged
Jenny
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #7 - 12/11/09 at 8:57pm

I went in there today and spoke to the guy working (the tall dark-haired young guy).  I asked him about the robbery.  He said that the guy who was working there during the robbery was new and he was no longer there.  So, inside job like the one at the Pig.  Stupid people - they really think they're going to get away with stuff like that?  Anyway, it made me feel safer knowing it wasn't some random gun-waiving robber.

IP Logged
BPLifer 2

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #8 - 12/12/09 at 7:43am

Jenny,

Why do you think that it was an inside job?  Did the guy you talked to say that it was?  If not it is possible that the guys doesn't work there anymore because he was too scared to come back.  I worked at Piggly Wiggly during high school and part of college and I know a couple of people quit working after a robbery if they were there at the time.  It is a very scary thing to be a victim of.

WWW   IP Logged
OleBloo

Reply #9 - 12/17/09 at 7:21pm

Quote from Jenny on 12/11/09 at 8:57pm:
I went in there today and spoke to the guy working (the tall dark-haired young guy).  I asked him about the robbery.  He said that the guy who was working there during the robbery was new and he was no longer there.  So, inside job like the one at the Pig.  Stupid people - they really think they're going to get away with stuff like that?  Anyway, it made me feel safer knowing it wasn't some random gun-waiving robber.

Well I guess I should put my 2 cents in this even tho I didn't want to, just to save face. The "guy" that worked there before is my HUSBAND who was laid off from his job at the bank and luckily found work at the gas station. Just something to help the bills and take care of our 6 month old son. We are struggling enough to get by especially during the holidays. Way to have my son's first Christmas. FYI my husband was fired from the gas station for ringing up a few customers incorrectly. So I hope you feel safer now knowing the truth and that the random "gun-waiving robber" is REAL. I am so glad he doesn't work there personally because I rather have my husband out of work than have him dead. So you better get your story straight.

« Last Edit: 12/18/09 at 1:37am by OleBloo »  

*~OleBloo~*
Email   IP Logged
spideyman78
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #10 - 12/17/09 at 7:27pm

The above post is from my wife. And she is right it wasn't just some "inside job" I have been unemployed for around 3 months and was glad to have actually found a job until I found something better. I had been working at the station for almost a month before the robbery occurred. All I could think about was my wife and 6 month old son, I am NOT a thief! I have worked hard my entire life for everything I own, and I have had enough of the accusations from all around. Know the whole story before you start making accusations.  

Your friendly neighborhood Spidey Man,

IP Logged
pekaboo

Reply #11 - 12/17/09 at 9:52pm

oh my gosh I am so sorry to hear about your situation, and I am sorry for people insinuating that you  "spidey" might have caused the robbery. Why would somebody assume or what kind of evidence would lead people to believe it was an inside job? If it was an inside job could it have been somebody else. Im sure you are not the only person that works there, or could it have been an ex employee. Whom ever it is, I hope they do something about it. I usually go to the bp or the shell, but I occaisonally I will use the exxon, because I am at the apartments al ot. I don't know if I could handle being in a robbery situation very well.

IP Logged
Jenny
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #12 - 12/18/09 at 7:36pm

I am truly so sorry.  I was repeating what was told to me by a worker at the Exxon.  I will not make that mistake again.  I apologize for upsetting everyone and for insulting you.

IP Logged
OleBloo

Reply #13 - 12/18/09 at 7:53pm

Quote from Jenny on 12/18/09 at 7:36pm:
I am truly so sorry.  I was repeating what was told to me by a worker at the Exxon.  I will not make that mistake again.  I apologize for upsetting everyone and for insulting you.  

Its okay Jenny, I didn't mean to jump on that so fast. It just hurts when someone you love so much and know in your heart is an honest good person and someone spreads nasty lies like this. What hurts more than anything right  now is that I am too quick to trust someone like the guy at the gas station, I was kind enough to give his girlfriend some baby clothes that our son outgrown for their newborn and he is doing this.

*~OleBloo~*
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company