"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
04/30/24 at 6:23am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Car broken into - items stolen (Read 2010 times)
B Family
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Car broken into - items stolen
12/27/09 at 7:51pm

Last night, 12/26, between 10 pm and 6am items were stolen from our car in our driveway.  We live in Shades Crest Estates off of Alford Avenue.  New GPS, my toddler's DVD player, DVDs and CDs were stolen.  I hate that this is happening again in the area.  When reporting it to the police they did say that they thought the suspects in the earlier robberies had been bonded out of jail (he was not certain).

I am just so frustrated to know that someone was walking in our carport while we were in the house.  They were apparently in a hurry because they left the car door open...and they left about $50 in rolled coins from my son's piggy bank in the bend of the passenger seat --- I ran out of time to go into the bank last week.  
Needless to say, motion detection lights were installed this afternoon!!
Wonderful way for my husband to have to spend his Christmas Lowe's gift card!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS

IP Logged
Bamafan501
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Car broken into - items stolen
Reply #1 - 12/28/09 at 4:13am

Just curious, where your car doors locked?

Email   IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Reply #2 - 12/28/09 at 10:20am

Quote:
motion detection lights were installed this afternoon!!

very good idea!

Email WWW   IP Logged
B Family
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #3 - 12/28/09 at 6:06pm

My doors were not locked.  We had been in and out of the car all day and forgot to lock them after the last time.  My doors are usually locked, even in my driveway.  
Regardless, no one deserves to have this happen to them.  

IP Logged
pekaboo

Reply #4 - 12/28/09 at 6:56pm

was this the reason why a cop car was in the middle of the intersection a little ways down from the shell station that night?

IP Logged
B Family
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #5 - 12/28/09 at 8:01pm

No, we didn't realize anything was wrong until our neighbors came over to tell us that the car door was open Sunday morning.  

Unfortunately, we just realized that the key fob (clicker) to my husband's car WAS in my console.  I can only assume that the thieves were planning on a repeat performance.  

The hits keep coming!!!!

IP Logged
bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #6 - 12/28/09 at 9:19pm

Quote from B Family on 12/28/09 at 6:06pm:
My doors were not locked.  We had been in and out of the car all day and forgot to lock them after the last time.  My doors are usually locked, even in my driveway.  
Regardless, no one deserves to have this happen to them.  

First, you're right.  Nobody deserves to have this happen.  Unfortunately, there are still low-lifes who don't care what others deserve.  Many times these thugs live in our neighborhood.  Other times they come up from the bottom of the mountain.  Either way, they are here and we have to adjust our lives in order to protect ourselves and our property from them.  I've purchased the motion sensor lights.  I check my car doors every night to make sure they're locked (being slightly OCD doesn't hurt either when it comes to that...).  All because of what I've read on this forum.  

They're here and we have to fight them in the best way we can, from taking that extra step to make life harder for them, to organizing our neighbors to be our extra set of eyes.

Sorry this happened to you.  Welcome to the forum.

IP Logged
appleblossom

Groovy!!

Reply #7 - 12/29/09 at 8:02am

B Family,  
I understand what you are going through.. the guy that got in my car in June is still incarcerated at a work release facility in Montgomery. He will be released 1/1/10 after serving 6 months of a 1 year and a day sentence, which is wrong on so many levels.  I have noticed a U-Haul backed up to their door lately and hope they will move before or just after he is released.  
Oh, and security lights didn't work in my case.. they just helped him see what he was getting out of the car - but the security camera was the clencher.    

You aren't the only one that forgets to lock the car... it just happens.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company