"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/21/24 at 3:27am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
"Out of Norm" Truck (Read 3769 times)
bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

"Out of Norm" Truck
01/11/10 at 1:37pm

I don't want to call this a "suspicious vehicle" so I'll call it "out of norm".

This morning my spouse observed a pickup truck, gold or silver (or a mixture of both) in color pull up next to one of our neighbor's garbage container, which was out by the street, open it up, remove both sacks of garbage, place it in the back of the truck and then leave.

Although this could have been one of the garbage pick-up vehicles, as they sometimes send out smaller vehicles that then take it back to the big truck, it seemed odd since they didn't get the garbage from anyone else.

My spouse did not get the tag nor the occupant(s) since they were too far away, so calling Hoover PD seemed fruitless.  But if anyone else sees this vehicle taking trash (which I don't believe it illegal, but it is unusual), try to get their tag number.

IP Logged
ldauro
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: "Out of Norm" Truck
Reply #1 - 01/11/10 at 1:56pm

It is my understanding (please correct me if I'm wrong) that your trash can on the curb is still your property, and therefore removing the trash by anyone other than the proper authorities is considered theft.  I would be suspicious of a vehicle without city identification/tags taking people's trash - I wonder if they are looking for receipts/bank statements/discarded credit card applications?  Remember to shred your personal information, folks!   undecided

I <3 Bluff Park!
  IP Logged
teatucker

Welsh with no tail

Reply #2 - 01/11/10 at 7:59pm

credit card or bank statements were my first thought after reading this also. i would tell your neighbors to keep an eye on their accounts or call the companies and see if their account can be flagged for suspicious activity. I would also check with the city and see if they had a smaller unmarked truck on that street..seems strange it was only picking up at that one house.

IP Logged
Recap

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #3 - 01/11/10 at 9:47pm

Quote from bpresident on 01/11/10 at 1:37pm:
I don't want to call this a "suspicious vehicle" so I'll call it "out of norm".

This morning my spouse observed a pickup truck, gold or silver (or a mixture of both) in color pull up next to one of our neighbor's garbage container, which was out by the street, open it up, remove both sacks of garbage, place it in the back of the truck and then leave.

Although this could have been one of the garbage pick-up vehicles, as they sometimes send out smaller vehicles that then take it back to the big truck, it seemed odd since they didn't get the garbage from anyone else.

My spouse did not get the tag nor the occupant(s) since they were too far away, so calling Hoover PD seemed fruitless.  But if anyone else sees this vehicle taking trash (which I don't believe it illegal, but it is unusual), try to get their tag number.

What area or street was this.  My trash was out and I'd like to know if it might have been mine.

IP Logged
kscott
YaBB Newbies

ROLL TIDE!

Reply #4 - 03/16/10 at 10:43am

Huh  My roommate told me last night that about a month ago, she also caught a pickup truck stop at our driveway and take a garbage bag I had left.  He grabbed the bag and left in a hurry!  I also think that he is looking for any personal information he can find.  I plan to put the most disgusting things in my garbage  Wink Grin

IP Logged
nickel4al

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #5 - 03/16/10 at 11:01am

I really don't think that it is a crime to take stuff once you put it on the street.  I could be wrong, but my theory is once you put it out, you don't want it anymore.  There is no difference in someone taking it from your garbage can and someone going through it at the dump.

stangviperred   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company