"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
04/30/24 at 11:54am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ADT salesman (Read 15769 times)
ldauro
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

ADT salesman
01/19/10 at 10:01am

Hello all -

Around 6:30 last night a man rang my doorbell who claimed to be selling ADT security systems.  However, I thought it was very unusual because 1) it was after dark (and during dinner, btw)   2) he was wearing a UA jacket and hat - no ADT official gear  

I called ADT's customer support and they said they do not require their salesmen to wear a uniform of any kind, but he should have had a badge number (I saw no badge).  She would not confirm whether or not he was legit.

Whether or not he was legit, I still thought it was rather unprofessional.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I <3 Bluff Park!
  IP Logged
overhere
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: ADT salesman
Reply #1 - 01/19/10 at 11:44am

I believe there is a " no solicitation " ordanance for Bluff Park or at least some parts of Bluff Park. maybe someone can verify that.

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - 01/19/10 at 12:09pm

Quote from overhere on 01/19/10 at 11:44am:
I believe there is a " no solicitation " ordanance for Bluff Park or at least some parts of Bluff Park. maybe someone can verify that.

The Carisbrooke subdivision is the only area in Bluff Park that has a posted No Soliciting sign.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 01/20/10 at 12:04pm

From the City of Hoover:

Information provided by Revenue Department    

ADT is classified as a general contractor and issued a General Business License that allows them to go door to door as along as they follow business hours for visitation -8 PM being the latest. ADT employees are required to carry a “copy” of the business license and ID, but do not have to show you the BL unless you ask to see it.

They are not allowed to harass a homeowner into purchasing their product and if this occurs you are to call the police.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Alford7
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #4 - 01/20/10 at 6:23pm

ADT came to my door today around 3:00pm. He wanted to put a ADT sign in my Yard. It's a sales gimmick. For placing the sign in my yard I would get a discounted price. The guy was nice and was driving a white van with ADT logo. I got his card, his name is Rick Wear, Regional Manager Office 205-655-0055 Advance Video Security, Inc Authorized Dealer ADT License#423. The phone number checked out but I didn't ask the office about Rick.

IP Logged
Abbey111

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #5 - 01/21/10 at 8:30am

They are legit. We are getting ADT system installed today (I think, unless I change my mind). I questioned if they were real, and Rick showed me his badge. I had to fill out mounds of paperwork too. Rick had on ADT shirt and had large folder with ADT logo on it. Also smells of smoke!!

I did think they could have been more professional though.

WWW   IP Logged
ldauro
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #6 - 01/21/10 at 8:56am

Thanks for the input, all.

My salesman was named Neal - and as I said, no ADT shirt or badge.

I <3 Bluff Park!
  IP Logged
Mrs. B

Reply #7 - 01/21/10 at 3:09pm

They were on my street at almost 6 pm last night - it was dark - and was not about to open the door to a stranger.  He tucked a flyer in handle.
Who comes at the dinner hour, in the dark?

IP Logged
nickel4al

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #8 - 01/22/10 at 8:37am

I guess people that want to make money do...most people aren't home from 8-5 so when else are people supposed to try to sell things?  Not saying its the best strategy, but they do have a job to do.

stangviperred   IP Logged
appleblossom

Groovy!!

Reply #9 - 01/22/10 at 2:07pm

Just a thought.    
I had a security system installed years ago (not ADT) in a previous home and when I sold my home I called to cancel my service.  They told me I had to transfer the service to the new owner and they had to pay for it.  If they didn't want it I would have to continue to pay -that it was in the contract I signed.  After dragging out my contract and reading the very fine print..I found the salesperson did not mark the block that obligated me to do this.  So, I called and told them what my contract said.  They then had a collection agency and attorney and so on and so on call me for two months.    
Before you sign make sure you can cancel it and that you are not required to transfer that service to new owners.  Find out if you pay a penalty for canceling the service early because of financial problems or other reasons.  Ask about non-emergency alarm set offs - do you have to pay extra.  How many years are you obligated to pay for monitoring. These were things I failed to ask about, but should have. I found out the salesperson (door to door ) that took my order no longer worked for the company and that she did not mark all their required blocks that made the contract binding.   I liked my security system when I had it - other than setting it off every time I cooked or forgetting to reset it when I came home.  I was on first name basis with the beat cop and fire dept.
Like I said.. just a thought.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company