"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/08/24 at 7:05am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pot holes / Shades Mt. Plaza (Read 3405 times)
appleblossom

Groovy!!

Pot holes / Shades Mt. Plaza
05/14/10 at 8:03am

I looked but I didn't see where anyone else has addressed this.. if they have- I just didn't look hard enough.  

OMG!!!  has anyone seen the craters in the parking lot at Shades Mt. Plaza.  I signed a petition the other day at the Pig to get them fixed- has anyone gotten any word from the property owner when this will be done.   Okay you legal eagles out there... give me a ruling.  Once a property owner has been given notice of a dangerous situtation don't they have to fix it within a certain time frame or at least put up barricades.   If it's not fixed and someone damages their car and or it causes bodily harm because of their "indifference" aren't they (property owners) liable??  

If they won't fix them properly right now.. at least put some gravel in these "abyss" - put up a barracade, caution tape found at a HomeCenter - something, anything!!  Are you listening property owner???   I came inches away from falling in the largest one yesterday leaving the parking lot from dropping off my Grand daughter at dance..

IP Logged
kscott
YaBB Newbies

ROLL TIDE!

Re: Pot holes / Shades Mt. Plaza
Reply #1 - 05/14/10 at 8:15am

Angry I agree!  Too often the parking lot has to be repaved and every time it's done, it is a shoddy job.  If the owner wasn't so cheap, maybe he could hire a decent paver...could save some money in the long run.  It's like an obstacle course

IP Logged
bpresident
Global Moderator

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #2 - 05/14/10 at 9:20am

I've noticed it on the Piggly Wiggly side, not on the other side.  From what I understand, there are three owners, the Piggly Wiggly side is one owner, the other side is the other owner and the back part is the third owner.  Each is responsible for their own area.

I've noticed that when the potholes are large enough to swallow a Smart car, they fill them, which solves the problem for a short while (until it rains again).

Besides the potholes, the other issue that side has is the width of the parking spaces in front of the shops.  They are at least 3 feet less in width than a normal parking space, which makes parking there difficult, especially if you want to get out of your car by opening the door (and not having to crawl out of your window) if there is an SUV parked next to you.

Where is the petition?  And, tenants, have you voiced your concerns about this to the landlord?

IP Logged
ht2

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #3 - 05/14/10 at 10:17am

I wish that entire shopping center was torn down and rebuilt.  Looks so second rate in my opinion.  Can't figure out why we can't have a nice neighborhood shopping center.

IP Logged
appleblossom

Groovy!!

Reply #4 - 05/14/10 at 10:48am

Quote from ht2 on 05/14/10 at 10:17am:
I wish that entire shopping center was torn down and rebuilt.  Looks so second rate in my opinion.  Can't figure out why we can't have a nice neighborhood shopping center.

OUCH!!  not sure I would agree if I was shop renter.  Biting the hand that feeds you.. sort of thing.  Just asking for pot holes to be fixed before someone gets hurt.  
I like our shopping center - no it's not Patton Creek, but the businesses are top notch in my book.  We just need to band together and help them get some relief with this pot hole thing.   I found out BP does have a voice so lets start using it.

IP Logged
ht2

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #5 - 05/14/10 at 12:14pm

Quote from appleblossom on 05/14/10 at 10:48am:

OUCH!!  not sure I would agree if I was shop renter.  Biting the hand that feeds you.. sort of thing.  Just asking for pot holes to be fixed before someone gets hurt.  
I like our shopping center - no it's not Patton Creek, but the businesses are top notch in my book.  We just need to band together and help them get some relief with this pot hole thing.   I found out BP does have a voice so lets start using it.

LOL...sorry, maybe that was a little harsh.  I don't agree that the businesses we have in those 2 centers are "top notch."  My wife and I shop at the Pig but that place is pretty gross.  Other stores:  Dollar General:  A nice little shop but I wouldn't describe it as "top notch."  A grocery store that was converted to a storage unit place.  A map place?  A dog groomer.  Ashley Mac's is probably pretty cool, but I've never been there.  Communications Unlimited is practically the anchor tenant in one of those shops.  Not going to complain about New China.  I don't like Bakers Pizza as much as some of ya'll do.

On the outskirts is the old Minerva's location.  I've only been in the new store one time and it was so unorganized that I could hardly walk and probably won't be back.  The guy was nice and the cause was good, but dang.  That entire area looks kind of run down and dated, and the stores by and large are pretty average.  Well, in my opinion, at least.  I know I'll get flamed, I just think those two centers are nowhere near as good as they could be from a retail offering perspective to be located in a decent-sized community with above-average income.  And why they can't/won't build a Mexican restaurant in an out parcel or one of the vacant or underperforming shops is beyond me.  That thing would KILL in BP.  I'm talking about a full-size restaurant, not a pick-up and go place.

Yeah, I'm whining a bit.  I love Bluff Park but it ain't perfect.

IP Logged
appleblossom

Groovy!!

Reply #6 - 05/14/10 at 12:26pm

Quote from ht2 on 05/14/10 at 12:14pm:

LOL...sorry, maybe that was a little harsh.  I don't agree that the businesses we have in those 2 centers are "top notch."  My wife and I shop at the Pig but that place is pretty gross.  Other stores:  Dollar General:  A nice little shop but I wouldn't describe it as "top notch."  A grocery store that was converted to a storage unit place.  A map place?  A dog groomer.  Ashley Mac's is probably pretty cool, but I've never been there.  Communications Unlimited is practically the anchor tenant in one of those shops.  Not going to complain about New China.  I don't like Bakers Pizza as much as some of ya'll do.

The entire center looks kind of run down and dated, and the stores by and large are pretty average.  Well, in my opinion, at least.  I know I'll get flamed, I just think those two centers are nowhere near as good as they could be from a retail offering perspective to be located in a decent-sized community with above-average income.  And why they can't/won't build a Mexican restaurant in an out parcel or one of the vacant or underperforming shops is beyond me.  That thing would KILL in BP.  I'm talking about a full-size restaurant, not a pick-up and go place.

I was mainly refering to the employees.. not the type of business.   But, your opinion is noted.  .. UHH!! Mexican food.. not my FAV.. but, put an Ice Cream Parlor in and I'm so there!!!  

Think we're off subject... need some help with the POT HOLES... any suggestions??  

IP Logged
ht2

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #7 - 05/14/10 at 2:22pm

Quote from appleblossom on 05/14/10 at 12:26pm:
Quote from ht2 on 05/14/10 at 12:14pm:

The entire center looks kind of run down and dated, and the stores by and large are pretty average.  Well, in my opinion, at least.  I know I'll get flamed, I just think those two centers are nowhere near as good as they could be from a retail offering perspective to be located in a decent-sized community with above-average income.  And why they can't/won't build a Mexican restaurant in an out parcel or one of the vacant or underperforming shops is beyond me.  That thing would KILL in BP.  I'm talking about a full-size restaurant, not a pick-up and go place.

I was mainly refering to the employees.. not the type of business.   But, your opinion is noted.  .. UHH!! Mexican food.. not my FAV.. but, put an Ice Cream Parlor in and I'm so there!!!

Think we're off subject... need some help with the POT HOLES... any suggestions??

Oh the employees are great...I just wish they were working in some better stores.   Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company