"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
05/06/24 at 12:36pm
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mr. Saab's house (Read 4749 times)
BPDad
YaBB Newbies

Bluff Park is great!

Mr. Saab's house
09/08/10 at 3:56pm

I don't want to get your hopes up, but I just heard from a reliable source that someone is buying the house and is actually going to fix it up and live in it. Personally, would bulldoze it and build a new house. Anyway, good luck to the new owner!

IP Logged
RockviewResident

I Love Bluff Park!

Re: Mr. Saab's house
Reply #1 - 09/10/10 at 3:29pm

Good news if true, although I don't see how it's humanly possible to fix up that house and it actually provide a viable living space for a human being.

War Eagle!
  IP Logged
Jenny
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #2 - 09/27/10 at 2:07pm

Serious ripping out at Saab's house today!!!  There are cabinets and carpet piled in the front yard (or there was earlier).  Yippee!!  Somebody's doing something!  Maybe they'll actually finish some day Smiley

IP Logged
appleblossom

Groovy!!

Reply #3 - 10/12/10 at 12:49pm

Curious.. how long can you keep a 20 yard roll off dumpster in your front yard.   I know someone right now that has been paying on a roll off dumpster -it's parked in their driveway and they have been remodeling for 3 years.. Huh!!  
With the track record of this property.. lets hope the gutting and remodeling doesn't take long.  Those of you that pass the house often- keep us posted.

IP Logged
Mrs. B

Reply #4 - 10/13/10 at 8:00am

They have done some roofing - are closing in the carport - and hauled off a lot of the junk in the back.  Like any remodel - it will take longer than you think it will, but progress!!!
There were at least 10 guys and a supervisor out there Monday.

IP Logged
Mrs. B

Reply #5 - 10/29/10 at 8:14am

You all need to take a drive by 2300 Savoy - MAJOR work going on - they are doing some major remodeling on the outside.  Looking better all the time...the folks at Savoy and Maiden must be sooo happy.

IP Logged
RockviewResident

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #6 - 10/31/10 at 10:07am

Quote from Mrs. B on 10/29/10 at 8:14am:
You all need to take a drive by 2300 Savoy - MAJOR work going on - they are doing some major remodeling on the outside.  Looking better all the time...the folks at Savoy and Maiden must be sooo happy.

Long time coming.  It will make the whole neighborhood look so much better.

War Eagle!
  IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Reply #7 - 11/01/10 at 10:48am

Wow what a change! That is going to be so nice when they are finished. I saw there was a Sold sign on it today.

Email WWW   IP Logged
Mrs. B

Reply #8 - 11/02/10 at 7:59am

WOOHOOO!  Now I know it will be real when they cut down those horrible overgrown, bare junipers in the front.  I know everyone who lives nearby is so glad.

IP Logged
ht2

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #9 - 11/02/10 at 12:31pm

Anyone have any before/after pics?  I don't ever make it down that way.

IP Logged
galaxiegrace

40 Years in BP &
Counting...

Reply #10 - 03/16/11 at 5:05pm

I don't know who's doing the renovation on this house but they totally need some construction skills!  Next time you ride by, look at that roof they've built over the front door... the "spine" of that roof is higher than the main roof spine!  That's a complete screw up if I ever saw one.  I drove by when they were working on it and there were some workers and a couple of "suits" standing around pointing and discussing... they must have decided to just leave it rather than fix it because its now bricked up underneath the roof (which is also weird).

Not that it doesn't look better than before mind you...

IP Logged
BluffParkWriter
Global Moderator

I Love sugar cookies
with splenda

Reply #11 - 03/18/11 at 12:45am

ht2,

I have some before pics. Here is one. Click here for more http://s437.photobucket.com/albums/qq99/bluffwriter/Savoy%20House%20Before/

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company